Port testing?

deep1

CVS cancelled fiancee and her daughter. No appointments within 50 miles of them. Newark Airport Gouging at $250 each. Home tests arrived waay over expired. DEC. They are sending new but may not make it in time.   Been on phone hold 4 hours trying to get price and tel  number for last ditch at port way to get . Anyone have that info? 

15 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Been on phone hold 4 hours trying to get price and tel  number for last ditch at port way to get . Anyone have that info?

Appointments for pre-cruise testing outside the terminal open 30 days prior to your sailing date — guests will not be able to book prior to that. To book an appointment for a pre-cruise test outside the terminal, please select the port where your cruise will be departing from.

Port Everglades   |   Cape Liberty   |   Port Canaveral   |   Miami   |   Port of Tampa   |   Port of Galveston   |   San Juan   |   Los Angeles

Ref: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-dont-find-a-pre-cruise-test-or-get-test-results-in-time

Is the date on the box December? Or is the date December with the 3-month extension?

Both Optum and Emed had the tests listed as expiring in early February just a few weeks ago.

Emed is currently sending tests with a November 2022 expiration date and Optum still has tests that expire in early February according to the "Test Expiration" thread in the People Connect section.

2 hours ago, SPS said:

Is the date on the box December? Or is the date December with the 3-month extension?

Both Optum and Emed had the tests listed as expiring in early February just a few weeks ago.

Emed is currently sending tests with a November 2022 expiration date and Optum still has tests that expire in early February according to the "Test Expiration" thread in the People Connect section.

Date was for September 12.  Past the extension...

1 hour ago, deep1 said:

Yes the ninth...  The one we had found looked different. We finally found that one you show. Thank you...  Now if I could get flights to stop changing and canceling, I'd feel much better... 

The EWR 250$ test price is for fast PCR testing , antigen was around 80$ at least few months ago.

On 1/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, SPS said:

I just received my Emed tests today and the expiration date is Nov 21, 2022.  I was supposed to get them on 12/31/21, however, I just received them via FedEx today.  We fly Mexico (Rivera Maya via Cancun) in early February and our hotel Unico 20-87 is suppose to provide test to fly back to US but I am taking some with us just in case they change their mind and charge for them.  We also have to test before our Harmony cruise in mid July and to fly to Amsterdam/Jewel in August and returning to US (if that is still a thing).  Hopefully, we don't have to burn two in Mexico so that I will have enough for our cruises.

5 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

We fly Mexico (Rivera Maya via Cancun) in early February and our hotel Unico 20-87 is suppose to provide test to fly back to US but I am taking some with us just in case they change their mind and charge for them.

Have fun! A friend of mine stayed at Unico 20-87 for he and his wife's honeymoon he said it was a great resort! (pre-pandemic)

OPTUM / E- Med are on my "NO" list after knowingly sending ne yet more expired ones Date was September 19, even extended that is only til December. Well, last time I looked its January!  I have a public facility appointment so I'm good, GF had to pay a clinic in Jersey $90 a person for rapid . All cause CVS doesn't  follow thriugh. Even here in Florida I went for booster appointment. They were out. Went to Publix next door, no wait, quick harpooning and on my way... 😄

On 1/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, Matt said:

Another option is urgent care locations. Cheaper than the airport, but they don't usually take reservations. First come, first served

A place similar to them that does tests only doing it. Cheaper than Airport by a lot but not cheap. 

On 1/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, SPS said:

Dates on the boxes expired September!!!