Allure 30 cases on board denied access to st thomas

Captain just announced 27 crew 3 passengers with covid. Captain said this was over 1% of the ships capacity (which i was told was 4000 60% of the ship day 1)

Denied access to st thomas overnighting st kitts instead. 

i thought st kitts had the same 1% rule as st thomas? 

will update 😁 doing some trivia in the on air

Up until now, St Kitts has been following the same procedure as St Thomas— kicking any ship with greater than 1% positives. 

There are a lot of people watching this sailing, VERY curious to see if you get into St Kitts after being kicked from St Thomas. 

6 hours ago, wjackson2289 said:

Cruise director announced a 1 day refund as on board cruise credit. Does anybody know the rules for st kitts?

2 hours ago, EGH3 said:

My wife and I are scheduled to be on the Allure next week so we're following this thread closely. For anyone on board, did St Kitts go off without a hitch? Any comments about what happens at St Maartan would be greatly appreciated. 

We docked in St. Kitts last night and spent the day there today. ALOT of people were off the boat doing excursions. We left tonight at 6 and are now sailing AWAY from St. Maarten, but it is a very short run between the two islands, so it probably doesn't mean anything. We were refunded on day's cruise fare for missing St. Thomas which makes our JS that much more ridiculously priced. So happy to be cruising again.

2 hours ago, Eggbert said:

We docked in St. Kitts last night and spent the day there today. ALOT of people were off the boat doing excursions. We left tonight at 6 and are now sailing AWAY from St. Maarten, but it is a very short run between the two islands, so it probably doesn't mean anything. We were refunded on day's cruise fare for missing St. Thomas which makes our JS that much more ridiculously priced. So happy to be cruising again.

You’re actually heading toward St Maarten, with an ETA of 7 am tomorrow morning. 

12 hours ago, Eggbert said:

Thank you. Please let us know what happens at St Maarten.

1 hour ago, Gnik_Drazzil said:

Ohh we're leaving Saturday for the Allure and this has been my greatest concern. Will St. Thomas happen? who knows.. and as for the cruise credit? I'm thinking, how much can you possibly buy on the cruise when you have your drink package and gratuity paid for in advance

I'm going into to this with the assumption St Thomas won't happen. The Allure has been turned away the last two times so if we are allowed in it's a bonus. 

RCL sent out a notice yesterday saying they need more time to prepare the Allure before the next voyage. Hence, you're to come two hours later than your scheduled boarding time. That makes mine 3pm. I can only imagine the mess that will create.  Not only that, how in the world can they still make a 5pm departure? Unless the Allure is half full or less 5pm seems very optimistic. 

2 hours ago, Gnik_Drazzil said:

I'm thinking, how much can you possibly buy on the cruise when you have your drink package and gratuity paid for in advance

The good thing is that remaining OBC (for missing ports that are not replaced/swapped out, etc.) will be refunded to your linked CC at the end of the cruise. It's not a use it or lose it situation last I've heard.

See @Neesa's post and their group's experience with missed ports, etc...

The letter received while onboard...

image.thumb.png.1f6422cebb35c44d347a0481651874c6.png

I've even heard that people have seen that remaining OBC credit hit their CC right after disembarkation. I personally cannot confirm, but that's what some impacted folks are claiming. It appears, at least at this time, Royal has actually been very efficient with the handling of the resulting OBC and refunds.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! We loved Allure when we sailed on her back in 2019!

4 hours ago, EGH3 said:

I'm going into to this with the assumption St Thomas won't happen. The Allure has been turned away the last two times so if we are allowed in it's a bonus. 

RCL sent out a notice yesterday saying they need more time to prepare the Allure before the next voyage. Hence, you're to come two hours later than your scheduled boarding time. That makes mine 3pm. I can only imagine the mess that will create.  Not only that, how in the world can they still make a 5pm departure? Unless the Allure is half full or less 5pm seems very optimistic. 

I share the same thoughts, I had reserved to arrive at 11, so now I assume 1PM. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that we survive till tomorrow and can submit negative test results. Excuse me but I just got off the phone with RCCL and advised them I'd have my test at the hospital, and the customer service agent advised my test must have a certification number? None of my tests in the past have had this number. The one I will take tomorrow will have my full name, DOB, MRN # and PCP along with the results of the test, the date it was take w/ the time and the time/date I rec. my results? I also have a QR code I can provide for them to scan. Is this not enough? 

38 minutes ago, Gnik_Drazzil said:

customer service agent advised my test must have a certification number?

This is possibly a reference to the CLIA number of the lab that's running the test results. 

From the testing FAQ at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:08 PM, AshleyDillo said:

This is possibly a reference to the CLIA number of the lab that's running the test results. 

From the testing FAQ at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

So what happens for people like me that is testing in spain and CLIA numbers is not something we have? 

6 hours ago, Natalfaz said:

So what happens for people like me that is testing in spain and CLIA numbers is not something we have? 

The people who work at the port terminal are third party contractors that don't directly work for Royal. They're mainly looking for the date, test type and results.

The website does indicate a certification number or CLIA is required. I can’t find anywhere that gives an exception for test results from out of the country. 

However I haven't heard of anyone being turned away at the port for only a missing CLIA number.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:33 AM, EGH3 said:

We had the same thing on oasis 12/26 and it didn’t leave until closer to 6:30-7pm from what I remember.