Air Cancelations Policy?

deep1

1 hour ago, deep1 said:

Im seeing multiple days worth cancelled between local (ACY)  and south Florida (MIA or PBI) . Friday looks like weather issues (heavy snow possible) Saturday one MIa or one PBi flight (But lots been cancelled) . So I am nervous... 

We are nervous for later this week also. Weather should be ok here but that's only part of the concerns

We switched from ACY to EWR departure today after cancellations there. United cancelled us three times today and want my girls on a 10PM departure getting in 1:30AM! Damn hotel is $500 when you get done with fees, resort fees, taxes, parking and stuff for a couple hours???? I'm fuming mad at United right now. Cancelling a week out????

They had  and still have seats available on earlier flights but wont "release" them... I argued with them til 1AM. "We did you a favor by rebooking you (To red eye nightmare)" Travel agent tried as well. Finaly I made the call to fire united and rebook elsewhere. 3AM to finish the problem... 

During these crazy times Air2Sea, can you change?

Also, just an aside I worked in NJ for about 3 years while living in Florida and traveled like crazy to spend time with my family. I was able to take "time off" for overtime instead of cash allowing me some extended living where our home base was. Always in the colder months I booked ACY only one non stop & Spirit which started out okay and then when to he!! in a hand basket quickly but while Newark was canceling flights ACY did not. I was told they used a heated runway due to fighter jets and such at the local military base, so there could be all kinds of feet of snow on the ground, if you could get there they would take off. Newark always closed run ways & such.

@deep1  I am with you in spirit & hope for you this works out. After all this you not only deserve to sail you need it!