Harmony passengers quarantined?

Reading on another site that Harmony has at least one full deck of quarantined passengers and at least 150 crew have been removed from the ship onto Rhapsody.  Only see one thread and one poster and nobody mentioning it here.  Can anyone currently on board confirm or say otherwise?

34 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

I really wish people would post their source.  I googled it, but only found information from the “law related” site that is. It always accurate.

There's someone posting their current quarantine experience on Harmony over on the Cruise Critic messageboards..likely the site the OP is referencing.

58 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

There's someone posting their current quarantine experience on Harmony over on the Cruise Critic messageboards..likely the site the OP is referencing.

You out are correct. Wasn't sure we could be that specific here. Just doesn't make sense. Media would be blasting it all over if it was accurate plus I am sure others if quarantined would be hitting the boards to share or get information or just for something to occupy themselves. There are a number of us that are very skeptical of the validity and/or accuracy.

If anyone sees any information elsewhere, please update here.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Harmony is booking back to Port Canaveral at 23 knots, so there might be something to it.

Edit: That's Harmony's cruise speed, so that isn't a clue into anything

She'll have to go faster than that to get to Port Clinton in Lake Erie!

image.png.365b5bda2650ff7a6a6af031b675a760.png

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Harmony is booking back to Port Canaveral at 23 knots, so there might be something to it.

Edit: That's Harmony's cruise speed, so that isn't a clue into anything

When is turnaround day for Harmony ?  Was it yesterday (are they "turning back") or is it today ?

It was me.  I was the poster on CC.  It wasn't BS.  If you have questions you can ask me here.  I assume it hasn't hit the media yet because the official numbers haven't been posted by the CDC.  The media has reached out to me.   But even still, given what I saw and went through I wouldn't believe any of the numbers they put out.  I wasn't even tested.  Royal hasn't refuted anything on social media yet either so if the few of us who are talking and posting aren't being truthful...where are they to stop it?  All they're doing is taking down CC sites.

I'm not going to re-hash it all.  People are fiercely loyal to Royal and want to argue about everything and refuse to believe that anything could go bad and I don't have the energy to fight and defend myself anymore.  And it really was a bad experience.  The first week was great though.

I haven’t seen the CC thread so would be very interested to hear about your experience, @SummerRose.  It’s terrible knowing that it was a bad experience for you, but I would certainly value your perspective (if you are up for it, poor thing!) so I can thoughtfully evaluate whether to proceed with my sailing (albeit on a different ship) in 12 days.  Thanks, and be well! 

2 hours ago, SummerRose said:

It was me.  I was the poster on CC.  It wasn't BS.  If you have questions you can ask me here.  I assume it hasn't hit the media yet because the official numbers haven't been posted by the CDC.  The media has reached out to me.   But even still, given what I saw and went through I wouldn't believe any of the numbers they put out.  I wasn't even tested.  Royal hasn't refuted anything on social media yet either so if the few of us who are talking and posting aren't being truthful...where are they to stop it?  All they're doing is taking down CC sites.

I'm not going to re-hash it all.  People are fiercely loyal to Royal and want to argue about everything and refuse to believe that anything could go bad and I don't have the energy to fight and defend myself anymore.  And it really was a bad experience.  The first week was great though.

I don’t go on CC so I’m not aware of your post. You mention you ‘weren’t even tested’, did you report symptoms to the medical centre and they didn’t test you? Why is the media reaching out to you? 

I have a hard time believing the CDC would be complicit in hiding numbers from the media, given that the cruising industry is their number 1 target.

Harmony had a regular turn around day today and is off on its next itinerary.

5 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I don’t go on CC so I’m not aware of your post. You mention you ‘weren’t even tested’, did you report symptoms to the medical centre and they didn’t test you? Why is the media reaching out to you? 

I have a hard time believing the CDC would be complicit in hiding numbers from the media, given that the cruising industry is their number 1 target.

Harmony had a regular turn around day today and is off on its next itinerary.

It’s not the cdc hiding numbers is RCCL hiding numbers from the cdc. 

My daughter was positive. They told me if she was positive I would be tested. Despite being in quarantine with her for four days I was never tested. I was on the cruise for two weeks so I could’ve given it to her and had no symptoms yet. Never tested me. They just aren’t testing like they should on board. If you don’t test, you can’t report positive cases. If people don’t voluntarily go down with symptoms they can’t report positive cases. Keeps those numbers low. 

The positive case numbers are flawed. They rely on passengers voluntarily going down on their own. That’s not happening. 

Also, they’re actively discouraging the test once there. We were told like 3 times before the test  “if you’re negative you have to pay for the doctors visit”. Over and over. DD first test was negative and we got hit with a $175 charge.  They should be begging people to come and test with symptoms not discouraging it. 

Here’s what I posted on Reddit. It’s long but thorough. 

1. I was on a B2B starting with the December 19th sailing. That cruise was amazing. And honestly if I hadn't taken that cruise, I probably would've never thought twice about what happened on the December 26th sailing. I had something to compare it to. There were covid issues at the end of the first sailing with crew being quarantined and wait staff starting to be shuffled on the boat. Grease and the Aqua show ran fine in week 1. By the second sailing Grease had completely shut down, the Aqua show had a fraction of the performers from the week before...and based on my conversations with crew that I had befriended, I knew that that covid was running through the crew. At that point, I was on alert...I knew there was a massive shift between the two weeks.
  2. I never said there were 300 positive passengers. I said "no doubt there are more than 300 positive passengers" and that was in response to someone else who had said they heard there were 300 positive passengers. That was not an official count but my opinion based on my observations from what I had seen and heard and talked about (via online channels) with other people in covid quarantine. I stand by what I said, if someone told me there were 1000 positive cases on the ship I wouldn't be surprised in the least. But that won't happen because people are NOW testing positive after they've disembarked and people like me they don't test so the numbers you see won't be accurate but they'll make everyone "feel good" about the cruise.
  3. The amount of coughing and hacking I heard on the ship was very concerning. Mask or not. People do not report their symptoms and get tested. The testing and CDC numbers are only good if passengers voluntarily report their symptoms and test. Crew is tested twice a week which is why their numbers are pretty solid. But if there are 200 positive crew out of 1500...how many do you think of the 4000 passengers?
  4. Several FB user sat on their decks and watched and counted in real time more than 100 Crew that were transferred to the Vision of the Seas. This was AFTER 50 people had been transferred a couple days before. That was at least 150 people so when you think about "300" it becomes more realistic. There is video of the transfer out there on Twitter I believe. Could be the FB group for the sailing.
  5. I was on a COVID floor (6) and the entire hall was full of covid positive people. 1-4 people in each room. Probably 75-80 rooms I was guessing. There was also confirmation that floor 3 and floor 9 were being used for isolation and quarantine. This was only by day 4 of the cruise.
  6. Groups of people were marched down our hallway several times a day by the Hazmat Crew. New residents in Covid Row.
  7. We specifically asked for covid count numbers and were denied. When we were getting tested there was a constant stream of people and crew with symptoms coming in and testing. Many were positive. Second day (we tested negative and then positive so were there two days) same thing. Another passenger was there testing (positive) and said he was there a different time and saw at least 6 crew test positive.
  8. My issue is with the testing and how/what gets reported. They didn't even bother to test me. Even though I was quarantined with a positive case for 4 days. They said I would be tested if she was positive but they never did so the official numbers that come out won't include me. This happened to almost everyone I've talked to that was quarantined with a close contact.
  9. My second issue was with the terrible communication. I'm not even that upset about COVID. I knew and understood the risk. It was the lack of communication and protocols. Our hallways were full of rotting garbage for days...until the last day. No one gave us any indication or help with what to do when we got off. We still don't have clear communication - a letter. And I had to book a hotel myself and find alternate transportation home - and pay for it all. They're "supposed" to reimburse us but I don't feel confident. I'm still holding out hope that they do the right thing but I've had to fight them at every turn for every single thing. They just haven't been very helpful or accommodating. I still haven't seen what they've charged me on my account...I was charged $175 for my DD initial medical "exam" that they require if your test is negative (even though she tested positive the next day). They're supposed to pay the fees.
  10. I found out today from another parent that they didn't even contact them and my daughter was in Adventure Ocean with them. So no contact tracing...or ineffective contact tracing. I honestly think they ran out of tests.
  11. When we booked they have these guarantees to get you home, people were given private flights home. I was told "no" and that was it. Basically I was on my own after that.
  12. RCCL was very good at covering it up for the non positive passengers. They always had positive messages from the CD and it was still peppy. That's their job. But what was happening below decks was not pretty. If you weren't in it, you wouldn't know it was going on. This is hearsay, but someone who was positive told me they heard the doctor say they need to quarantine this whole ship now (either yesterday or the day before that) - which clearly didn't happen. The covid was out of control but they hid it well.

So please understand the frustration. We get whisked off to a room without our stuff for hours, covid positive and we have no information or help for 4 days, we are in the middle of the ocean with no contact with family, no way to even try to book what we need to book because the internet is slow. I am shelling out several thousand dollars while sitting in a hotel in Orlando just ....waiting. Nothing from RCCL. I still have cruises booked with RCCL....I haven't cancelled yet but this customer service was a failure. Feel free to ask my any specific questions or clarify anything. I'll be brutally honest.

19 minutes ago, Ray said:

I may be missing something  but on No7 you say when WE were getting tested YET on No 8 you say you were never tested, which is it? 

I’m saying we because my daughter was a minor and I was down there with her. 

this is what I’m talking about. You are looking for an argument. Out of all of that you pick up on the word “we” and want to try to invalidate me based on that. Your intentions are clear based on the next post you made. 

2 hours ago, Ray said:

One of the risks of taking a cruise during a pandemic...we know the risks involved we either sign up knowing what could happen or we stay at home

Covid yes. No protocol from RCCL no. Poor customer service - no. No help whatsoever - no. Trash in hallways - no. Poor communication - no. Lack of testing - no.  

Like I’ve said, the catching Covid wasn’t the biggest issue. It’s everything else. 

19 minutes ago, SummerRose said:

You are looking for an argument.

Nope you're presuming that! People should never presume things thats were mistakes or incidents occur!!!

I only asked a question because what you wrote was misleading. Its always good to have the full and correct information before making judgement. 

4 minutes ago, Ray said:

Nope you're presuming that! People should never presume things thats were mistakes or incidents occur!!!

I only asked a question because what you wrote was misleading. Its always good to have the full and correct information before making judgement. 

Well I hope that one word has been clarified for you now. 

23 minutes ago, SummerRose said:

Covid yes. No protocol from RCCL no. Poor customer service - no. No help whatsoever - no. Trash in hallways - no. Poor communication - no. Lack of testing - no.  

Like I’ve said, the catching Covid wasn’t the biggest issue. It’s everything else. 

Just to highlight what i meant with correct information how i read your post is as follows!

Was customer service poor? No

Was there Trash in hallways? No

Was there a lack of testing? No

Etc et  etc 

You have made a negative statement with a positive answer....

10 minutes ago, Ray said:

Just to highlight what i meant with correct information how i read your post is as follows!

Was customer service poor? No

Was there Trash in hallways? No

Was there a lack of testing? No

Etc et  etc 

You have made a negative statement with a positive answer....

Then you need to read the statement I was responding to and the conversation for the entire comprehension.  You said one of the risk was covid. I then listed the other risks.  

If you want to discuss substance of what I wrote then I'm ok with that.  I'm not going to discuss reply structure and grammar as a diversion.  Especially when you're isolating responses just to fake an argument. It seems your understand the idea but want to argue about grammar - not helpful. This is the internet, sir not a dissertation.

@SummerRoseI read your post on CC and to be honest it is very sketchy and has nothing to do with being loyal. You went into a few threads and spread false info and then said people misconstrued what you wrote. If your story was factually true, you wouldn't feel like people are arguing with you when they ask questions. 

RCG has been pretty transparent with how many people have tested positive on cruises. But crew members may not be at liberty to tell you, if you ask them directly.

There is no way they didn't test you after your child tested positive.........so, the odds of you having to ask for a test are like 0.001 %

Also, people who have tested positive mostly get moved to deck 2,3,4 to quarantine, I believe only crew members are quarantine on parts of deck 6. Which either means you are lying, or you continued to be in your stateroom that you chose for the sailing...which is still lying.

You cannot always determine how your wording will come across so be careful. The "no" after the questions does in fact make each statement a positive and not a negative, so yes grammar is important when you are trying to give an honest description.

16 minutes ago, SummerRose said:

I don't think anyone is discounting your experience onboard.  There's not a good reason to believe it's false.  In fact people should be seriously considering the likelihood that they will end up in a similar situation on their next cruise this month.  It's certainly a possibility and Royal has provided the CWC benefit for a reason.

It's clear that the increased capacity over the holidays coupled with the omicron variant has created a situation where Royal's onboard resource capacity is pushed to its limit.  When that happens, customer service and onboard experiences take a major hit.

I don't believe Royal is trying to intentionally mislead their customers about what is happening onboard or what policies they intended to make good on.  They just don't have the manpower to handle the current situation.  From a risk mitigation standpoint there's only so much that could have been done based on how quickly omicron came to the US.  They would have had to cancel people's bookings to reduce the passenger loads, which would have been a logistical nightmare.  They've already paused bookings for some ships in February in response to this variant, luckily.

51 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SummerRoseI read your post on CC and to be honest it is very sketchy and has nothing to do with being loyal. You went into a few threads and spread false info and then said people misconstrued what you wrote. If your story was factually true, you wouldn't feel like people are arguing with you when they ask questions. 

RCG has been pretty transparent with how many people have tested positive on cruises. But crew members may not be at liberty to tell you, if you ask them directly.

There is no way they didn't test you after your child tested positive.........so, the odds of you having to ask for a test are like 0.001 %

Also, people who have tested positive mostly get moved to deck 2,3,4 to quarantine, I believe only crew members are quarantine on parts of deck 6. Which either means you are lying, or you continued to be in your stateroom that you chose for the sailing...which is still lying.

You cannot always determine how your wording will come across so be careful. The "no" after the questions does in fact make each statement a positive and not a negative, so yes grammar is important when you are trying to give an honest description.

Almost everything you wrote here is wrong.  I don't know how to prove it to you because these are my own accounts.  RCCL knows we were on 6.  I started on 7. They know I was not tested.

My point is, they should be reporting positive numbers are a reflection of how many were tested, not how many are on board.  They simply aren't testing enough people.

And people aren't asking me questions, they're just calling me a liar....

5 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

I don't think anyone is discounting your experience onboard.  There's not a good reason to believe it's false.  In fact people should be seriously considering the likelihood that they will end up in a similar situation on their next cruise this month.  It's certainly a possibility and Royal has provided the CWC benefit for a reason.

It's clear that the increased capacity over the holidays coupled with the omicron variant has created a situation where Royal's onboard resource capacity is pushed to its limit.  When that happens, customer service and onboard experiences take a major hit.

I don't believe Royal is trying to intentionally mislead their customers about what is happening onboard or what policies they intended to make good on.  They just don't have the manpower to handle the current situation.  From a risk mitigation standpoint there's only so much that could have been done based on how quickly omicron came to the US.  They would have had to cancel people's bookings to reduce the passenger loads, which would have been a logistical nightmare.  They've already paused bookings for some ships in February in response to this variant, luckily.

I agree.  I don't think RCCL is being malevolent here.  There were definitely overwhelmed especially when crew started to drop.  That being said, the lack of customer service AFTER the cruise is the problem.  They essentially wash their hands of us once we go to the hotel - that's my experience so far.  And all I have to look forward to is submitting receipts and hoping I don't have to fight that too.  Everyone is antagonistic right from the start and that's disheartening.

And it happened FAST.  December 19th was smooth (at least from above decks, knowing what I know now, I have no idea what the covid positive people were dealing with) but it all seemed to derail December 26th.

A positive patient I befriended eventually post cruise said when they were down there testing it took 2 1/2 hours because of the number of people.  He said there was a group of people down there on the floor maskless eating pizza - who eventually tested positive.  Everyone mingled in together.

People on 9 were co-mingled with quarantined people and then tested positive.  It was an epic mess.

(And yes, some of what I say is hearsay so you can chose to believe it or not.  There are a lot of stories out there and we were all talking to each other.  I've seen a lot of videos and pictures too that haven't made it to social media.  So I can't make anyone believe me but I'm recounting what I saw.  I'm not sure what the upside is for me here to lie about it).

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I wouldn't be so hasty to make this accusation.  There was a passenger on Symphony that posted an audio recording on Twitter when he was refused to be tested after suspected exposure and was merely quarantined.  From the recording it sounds like Royal's policy at the time was to only test symptomatic passengers.

31 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The trash on 6.  If you want to independently verify that it was floor 6.  Sat there for days.  I can still smell this picture.

IMG_0572 2.HEIC IMG_0573.HEIC

• Matt locked this topic