xSAILEDx Voyager of the Seas May 15, 2022 Baltic

• 1 month later...

I have cancelled this cruise😢, because St Petersburg was my main bucket port. Royal wont dock in St Petersburg if confilict is still on

the horizon. If this were Black Sea cruise I believe the whole cruise would be cancelled. Visit cruisecritic site for more info and

answers to any concerns you have. This is where I get my main info. 😄

St Petersburg was bucket list for me also and i would say its almost certain it will be removed which is a shame but fully understandable. 

hopefully another port will replace but if its a sea day then so be it!  I have Waited 2 yrs for a cruise and im not letting some crazy Ivan spoil it!!! 

• 1 month later...

I, like the others was hoping to go to St. Petersburg as well.  This will mark our 40th Cruise With Royal to nearly every Itinerary that they offer marked off leaving only two to go Minus their "World Cruise."  This Cruise will also be a Celebration of my wife's 60th birthday on may 16th.  Hope to meet some of you Onboard soon!

• 4 weeks later...

We are very interested to see how this cruise goes/went, especially how everyone might have tested for covid to fly back to the states.  Anyone doing the Abbott test onboard just before you disembark? How did it go? We're on the Voyager in June, so would like to know how their wifi works and how people fare doing that test while still onboard.  Also, we heard of being able to purchase just 24 hours of Royal's best streaming but only after you board [not on their website].  Is this true?  Anyone done this?  We lost St. Petersburg too, but picked up Warnemunde [Berlin]. Thanks for any help and hope your cruise is a great one!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 1:11 PM, LinRon2 said:

We are very interested to see how this cruise goes/went, especially how everyone might have tested for covid to fly back to the states.  Anyone doing the Abbott test onboard just before you disembark? How did it go? We're on the Voyager in June, so would like to know how their wifi works and how people fare doing that test while still onboard.  Also, we heard of being able to purchase just 24 hours of Royal's best streaming but only after you board [not on their website].  Is this true?  Anyone done this?  We lost St. Petersburg too, but picked up Warnemunde [Berlin]. Thanks for any help and hope your cruise is a great one!  

We just arrived home last night from our nightmare Air Canada craziness.  I will just answer the questions you posed however, and not get into the mess I had. The Cruise went just fine with no hickups.  We took 4 Abbott Binax Now tests with us for Disembarkation.  Getting to Copenhagen went smooth and our Binax tests were accepted with no issues at the airport and for boarding.  There are four Computers in the Library/Computer room on Deck seven. There are NO CAMERA'S on these Computers so you must use a Phone or Tablet that has one to take the Proctored test. You will also need to be sure that the phone or Tablet is set up to receive email results from Abbott to show for the trip home. Or if you are computer savvy and wish to attempt to transfer the results PDF file to one of the ships PC's you can then print out a hard copy because the PC's are attached to a printer. An important note! If you are traveling back to the US please check very carefully as to the required date for testing. California only allowed results that are no more than 24hrs. (By Timestamp and not calendar) to reenter California. This was for my 5/25/22 return (Hopefully this changes for you) and thankfully we had two extra kits because we didn't check before we tested on the ship and they made us test again within the 24hr. window.

Yes, you can purchase 24hr. Internet for $7.95.  I had internet package but saw the advertised 1 day package(for the last day of cruise only).

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Wow, very helpful for anyone wanting details on how the ABBOTT tests are performed on board.  Thank you so much.  Yes, getting printouts of results most important [for our previous boardings; but always obtained at home where we know the computer and printer operation]. On board, or in a foreign place, a whole different ballgame. You provide some details we all need to know about.   The 24 hour constraint is disappointing though as we understood the requirement to be a calendar day before arriving back in the USA.  Calculating actual hours when flying can get to be quite confusing [gain time hours one way, lose another...by the clock, but actual time, one needs a calculator [I do anyway]].  Hard to believe authorities are being that 'persniggly' (that is a word, right) on all this.  Or is this just a California thing?   We thought we had this all planned out, but methinks we should go back to the drawing board to meet that 24 hour thing if that's what the CDC requires now [not a calendar day].  

On 5/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, LinRon2 said:

The 24 hour constraint is disappointing though as we understood the requirement to be a calendar day before arriving back in the USA.  Calculating actual hours when flying can get to be quite confusing [gain time hours one way, lose another...by the clock, but actual time, one needs a calculator [I do anyway]].  Hard to believe authorities are being that 'persniggly' (that is a word, right) on all this.  Or is this just a California thing?   We thought we had this all planned out, but methinks we should go back to the drawing board to meet that 24 hour thing if that's what the CDC requires now [not a calendar day].  

The 24 hr. requirement was for Boarding Air Canada and not Entry in to the US.  Air Canada required a Covid test dated no more than 24 hrs. prior to boarding and would not allow us to board in Copenhagen to fly back to the U.S. without it.  You will need to check with the Airline you are using for your return flight and what their requirements will be. 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Voyager of the Seas May 15, 2022 Baltic