golfing in the Caribbean

Bob Burd

We are leaving on the Anthem Jan 26, 2017 and are going on a 12 day Caribbean cruise. We are golfers and I'm seeing if anyone has golfed at any of the islands and how was the experience. We are going to Antigua, Barbados, Martinique, and St Kitts.

Thanks in advance,

Bob 

I'm not a golfer, but if I were to pick an island to do that on it would be Martinique, because there's really not a lot else to do on that island.  It's not cruise-tourist friendly.  As we were leaving the ship, an Aussie passed us heading back on board and said "ain't nothing here, mate."  He was right. We left the ship at about 9:30am and were back on by 10.  

• 1 month later...

We are leaving on the Anthem Jan 26, 2017 and are going on a 12 day Caribbean cruise. We are golfers and I'm seeing if anyone has golfed at any of the islands and how was the experience. We are going to Antigua, Barbados, Martinique, and St Kitts.

Thanks in advance,

Bob 

Barbados has the "Green Monkey Golf Course" where I believe Tiger Woods has played many times before and even had his honeymoon therewith Elin back in the day before his "putter" went south. Check it out on Google, the course that is, not his putter

Bsbrady and rjac, thanks for responding.  We have looked into both places.  I've emailed both places over a month ago and neither emailed me back which is surprising.  Especially the Marriott and we are even Marriott owners.  Antigua has a course called Cedar Valley and they emailed me back with prices and they were reasonable.  We'd like to bring the clubs, but then you have to have them in the way the whole trip. Plus the lugging of them all around would not be much fun either.

Thanks for your feedback and we are leaving on the Anthem on Jan 26 from Cape Liberty.

Bob