Missing C&A points

jaygee2729

We are now missing all of our past cruises on the RCCL website. I've been having a phone discussion with them since our points balance before our 4 day cruise this month was 83. Now it shows 73. The explanation we got was they miscalculated our previous points. Now, after hanging up with them all of our past cruises have disappeared. 

After a very lengthy conversation with two different C&A people I basically got no where. What they explained to me is that we had eight cruises prior to 2011 that fell under the old point system of 1 point for each cruise. After 2011 the points were multiplied by 7 so that's 56 plus we had 13 bonus points for a total of 69. Add in the 4 day cruise this month and it's 73. However when we booked the cruise we took this month we each had 83 points and Diamond status. Now, my wife has 73 points and still Diamond and I have 4 points and Diamond status. Makes no sense. I emailed Mr. Bayley the CEO as well. 

1 hour ago, jaygee2729 said:

After a very lengthy conversation with two different C&A people I basically got no where. What they explained to me is that we had eight cruises prior to 2011 that fell under the old point system of 1 point for each cruise. After 2011 the points were multiplied by 7 so that's 56 plus we had 13 bonus points for a total of 69. Add in the 4 day cruise this month and it's 73. However when we booked the cruise we took this month we each had 83 points and Diamond status. Now, my wife has 73 points and still Diamond and I have 4 points and Diamond status. Makes no sense. I emailed Mr. Bayley the CEO as well. 

Does your wife agree with the eight "old" cruises she went on pre 2011?  Or does she feel there were some missing?  I believe the 8 cruises converting to 69 points is correct.

Did her parents reach Diamond before she turned 18?

13 minutes ago, jaygee2729 said:

The explanation they gave us makes sense. What is confusing is that her points balance was and still shows 83. 

I think it will increase once she actually gets past 83 actual points, on her own.  My (minor) sons account says he has the same number of points as me, but that isn't correct if you add up all of his listed points, because my wife and I went on one cruise without him.  Once he turns 18, in order to get to the next level, he actually needs to earn the points from sailing.

I think your wife may be showing 83 points because her parents went on some cruises without her.   She must have inherited diamond from her parents because she had a C&A account as a minor.

No other cruise line lets you keep your parents status level, or match status level from your spouse.  My wife went on a bunch of cruises on NCL, her parents went on even more, and I just went on a handful.  We all have different levels in Latitudes.  In fact, they don't even count one of my cruises I went on with my parents in the 1980's, because it was before they started the program.  So both of you are already in a pretty good situation -- on other cruise lines, neither of you would be platinum.

19 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get your points updated in the  cruise planner? I sailed December 4-12 and they still haven’t been updated to reflect that cruise. I guess they are dealing with bigger issues at present but was just curious. 

I am pretty consistent at 6 - 8 days after the cruise ends.

This kind of happened to us, in the end, somehow, they had two different accounts for us, they combined them to make them correct, well almost correct, somehow my wife has two more points than me, we have never cruised separately, I didn’t bother with getting it corrected, good luck on getting it straightened out.

Want to talk about C&A confusion….our last name has an apostrophe.  Sometimes I show more points, other times my wife does.   We go to the Loyalty Ambassador on every cruise to straighten things out…. but eventually things get confused again  

It’s not just C&A.  Airlines, TSA, government, etc get all confused   

1 hour ago, Dan Curtis said:

This kind of happened to us, in the end, somehow, they had two different accounts for us, they combined them to make them correct, well almost correct, somehow my wife has two more points than me, we have never cruised separately, I didn’t bother with getting it corrected, good luck on getting it straightened out.

Perhaps that is what happened to jaygee2729's wife?  83-69=14, so maybe there were two cruises that she took that ended up going to her deceased husbands C&A account but not hers?