Rude People

G meyers

Had anyone else encountered rude people in the New Jersey Port?

I disembarked anthem of the seas at 0845 December 31 in Bayonne.  I went to the contraband office to retrieve my extension cord.  The man in the office was horrible.  He yelled at me. He insulted me and used foul language.  It was obvious he was having a bad day.  But. I have sailed from NJ with RC several times.  But I will never sail from this port again.  It was a traumatic experience and I will not be able to forget it.  He was a terrible person to everyone.  

The terminal is not owned or operated by any cruise line.  Like an airport is not owned by an airline, you should contact Cape Liberty.

Very few cruise line employees work there and very few ship crew are allowed off the ship.  

Cape Liberty is operated by Port Authority of NY/NJ. 

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/terminal_info.html#contact_info

4 hours ago, G meyers said:

Had anyone else encountered rude people in the New Jersey Port?

I disembarked anthem of the seas at 0845 December 31 in Bayonne.  I went to the contraband office to retrieve my extension cord.  The man in the office was horrible.  He yelled at me. He insulted me and used foul language…..

I have used an extension cord for my CPAP machine for years as there is usually not an outlet on the balcony door side of the bed ???  🙈  Did you happen to have an iron attached to one end of the contraband extension cord ???  😳  Maybe the “Contraband Nazi” has instructions to be jerk to all serious offenders ??? 😁

42 minutes ago, Thorntor said:

I have used an extension cord for my CPAP machine for years as there is usually not an outlet on the balcony door side of the bed ???  🙈  Did you happen to have an iron attached to one end of the contraband extension cord ???  😳  Maybe the “Contraband Nazi” has instructions to be jerk to all serious offenders ??? 😁

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The guy in the "wrong" was probably fed up having to give back all the items you are not allowed to take onboard!

RC really should post on their website articles stipulating all the items that are forbidden! 😉

If they had then this could have been avoided as OP would not have taken item, it wouldnt have been confiscated thus meaning OP and horrible man would never have met...

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

RC really should post on their website articles stipulating all the items that are forbidden! If they had then this could have been avoided as OP would not have taken item, it wouldnt have been confiscated thus meaning OP and horrible man would never have met...

Perhaps something like this, from their website?  What Items Are Prohibited Onboard A Cruise Ship? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

5 hours ago, karl_nj said:

haha... yeah, it's quite the list.  someone actually asked about HAM Radios at the Captains Q&A thing on Anthem the other day.  i thought drones were on there, but i guess not

"what is a HAM radio" may  or may not have been the answer... officers are getting younger

I heard a story of a couple who brought a large square rubber package to security as a carry-on. Turns out it was a ten person, ocean-rated, inflatable emergency rescue raft. They wanted it with them in case they had to quickly evacuate the ship and didn’t want to risk not getting to the life boats in time. It was denied because of the compressed air bottles inside. I sort of wished I was there and someone had pulled the cord…inflating the raft. Sounds like a TV sitcom episode.
That’s when I realized…there are some people who just shouldn’t cruise.🤪

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Coming off a cruise in November I saw a rice cooker on the naughty table.  

Someone took a rice cooker with them on a cruise.  Like there isn't enough food on the ship.  

Debarking Liberty Thanksgiving week, there was a blender on the naughty table to be reclaimed. 

I've never sailed out of New Jersey,  but I experienced NJ hospitality at the airport once.

I had to go between terminal A and C. I found the bus, but I wasn't sure which bus went to terminal B and which one to C. (Turns out they all ran the same route to all terminals, but it wasn't clear.) So, I asked the driver,  who sarcastically replied "its real simple!"

Since that really didn't answer the question,  I asked again.  She grunted and pointed her thumb at the back of the bus.

You just gotta hand it to NJ. Nobody else says hospitality quite the same way! 

1 hour ago, teddy said:

Worker or customer, a lot of people are straight up ********. 

One thing we noticed working retail:  The pandemic has magnified peoples personalities.  People who tended to be nice are even nicer.  People who tended to be rude are even ruder. 

I got shorter.

But that could just be an age thing.