3 Night Dining Package a la carte pricing question

TravisMA81

8 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The 3 night dining package is only good for 3 meals at specialty restaurants. It doesn't include the ala carte restaurants. 

What's Included

• Dinner at three specialty dining venues.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.
  • Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, which will be charged onboard.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

That's if you want to use one of your three dining credits at an ala carte restaurant, which it's a better deal to just pay out of pocket for those. 

So if I eat a Playmakers I would need to tell them not to use one of my three dining credits and just charge me?  That's kinda dumb but good to know.  It would suck if I orders some wings in the afternoon and they charged me for one of the three credits. 

8 hours ago, TravisMA81 said:

So if I eat a Playmakers I would need to tell them not to use one of my three dining credits and just charge me?  That's kinda dumb but good to know.  It would suck if I orders some wings in the afternoon and they charged me for one of the three credits. 

Playmakers will default to charging you the ala carte prices. You would need to tell them to apply the dining package if you really wanted to. Same for Izumi Sushi which has a $35 limit. If you are using one of the credits at Izumi Hibachi they will remind you of the upcharge when you are ordering ($10 for one protein, $15 for a combo).

23 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Ok I am still confused.  The Chops+1 will run us about $70 pp.  Our preferred +1 would be Izumi Sushi for half the party and Izumi Hibachi for the rest.  Both are ala carte.  How would that work?

Izumi Sushi has a deal where you can pay 34.99 and order a small plate, two large plates and a dessert..it's a lot of food if you look at the menu. You can choose to use that as your 2nd meal choice if you want for Chops + 1. If you choose to use the Izumi Hibachi as the 2nd meal choice it's a $10 or $15 upcharge depending on what protein you order. The issue is if you have a party at Izumi that is mixed between non Hibachi and not, the ones not doing Hibachi are going to be taking up seats at the Hibachi table that could have been sold to another passenger. I am not sure how they accommodate this. Additionally you would gave to ask for the full Sushi menu at the Hibachi table. The Hibachi menu only has a few select items that you can add on in addition to your Hibachi meal.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you are using one of the credits at Izumi Hibachi they will remind you of the upcharge when you are ordering ($10 for one protein, $15 for a combo).

I am still looking for official documentation for this difference in the one protein and combo charge.  I raised this issue on the Oasis by showing them that nothing is said in the documentation about the higher surcharge for the Premiere option. They gave me a refund.

35 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I am still looking for official documentation for this difference in the one protein and combo charge.  I raised this issue on the Oasis by showing them that nothing is said in the documentation about the higher surcharge for the Premiere option. They gave me a refund.

It isn't documented anywhere. It appears it evolved from the $35 Izumi limit (which evolved to specify Izumi sushi). If you look at the menu pricing for Izumi Hibachi it is 44.99 for the one meat option and 49.99 for the combo. With a $35 credit that leaves $10 for one meat and $15 for the combo.

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It isn't documented anywhere. It appears it evolved from the $35 Izumi limit (which evolved to specify Izumi sushi). If you look at the menu pricing for Izumi Hibachi it is 44.99 for the one meat option and 49.99 for the combo. With a $35 credit that leaves $10 for one meat and $15 for the combo.

It's a good thing you were not the Izumi manager I spoke with.  With an explanation this plausible, I would have been denied my refund ha ha