Los Angeles shore excursion with airport transfer?

bazingau

Has anyone done the Los Angeles shore excursion with airport transfer? It includes highlights of LA and Rodeo Drive. There’s a shorter one (Rodeo Drive only) as well. We booked a late-ish return flight because we didn’t know how long disembarkation would take (in case there were unforeseen circumstances). Otherwise, I’m not sure what we would do for 6+ hours until the flight if we disembark early-mid morning. (Although some of that would be for LA traffic getting to LAX.)

Take in some of the famous landmarks of Los Angeles. You'll pass the Los Angeles Coliseum Sports Arena, the Museum of Natural History, University of Southern California and the downtown area. At Olvera Street, one of the oldest streets in the city, you will have a brief time to stroll through this historic area, complete with Mexican handicraft shops, sidewalk stalls, and cafés.

Re-boarding the coach, you will head for Hollywood. At Grauman Theater, you will have approximately 45 minutes to see where past and present screen stars have left their hand- and footprints in the concrete at Hollywoods Walk of Stars. Next, explore fashionable Rodeo Drive, the preferred shopping area of the rich and famous. Your tour concludes at the Los Angeles International Airport.

Note: This tour is only available to guests with flights after 5:00pm.

@bazingau I have to ask, what do you want to get out of this excursion?  Are you super interested in Hollywood or Rodeo Drive?  You are probably going to be sitting in traffic for the majority of this tour. Born and raised in So Cal, so I don't have much interest in driving into LA (again, traffic!).  My suggestion is to check out what is available in Long Beach.  It is across the Vincent Thomas bridge from San Pedro.  Plenty of shopping, restaurants, beautiful views.  Personally, I'd rather be outdoors enjoying the views, rather than stuck on a bus passing by famous landmarks.  I don't know what time your flight out of LAX is, but if you don't do the airport transfer, you will want to stay away from rush hour(s), and give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

@bazingau I'm sure the others will chime in here with additional options.  I don't know if Royal is doing luggage transfers to the airport.  I didn't have to deal with the airport when I was on Navigator, so I don't know about that side of it.  If that is not an option, then I would definitely look at the excursion.  @Matt is on Navigator right now, so I'm sure he can answer questions for you as well.

4 hours ago, bazingau said:

As BeachGal has said, Los Angeles traffic is on another plane of existence. There is literally nothing quite like it in the US. Be very careful about booking anything like this. I lived in LA for 30 years.

• 8 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 11:57 AM, bazingau said:

Has anyone done the Los Angeles shore excursion with airport transfer? It includes highlights of LA and Rodeo Drive. There’s a shorter one (Rodeo Drive only) as well. We booked a late-ish return flight because we didn’t know how long disembarkation would take (in case there were unforeseen circumstances). Otherwise, I’m not sure what we would do for 6+ hours until the flight if we disembark early-mid morning. (Although some of that would be for LA traffic getting to LAX.)

Take in some of the famous landmarks of Los Angeles. You'll pass the Los Angeles Coliseum Sports Arena, the Museum of Natural History, University of Southern California and the downtown area. At Olvera Street, one of the oldest streets in the city, you will have a brief time to stroll through this historic area, complete with Mexican handicraft shops, sidewalk stalls, and cafés.

Re-boarding the coach, you will head for Hollywood. At Grauman Theater, you will have approximately 45 minutes to see where past and present screen stars have left their hand- and footprints in the concrete at Hollywoods Walk of Stars. Next, explore fashionable Rodeo Drive, the preferred shopping area of the rich and famous. Your tour concludes at the Los Angeles International Airport.

So what did you decide? I am considering this excursion for my upcoming sailing as well as a combination of a Hollywood tour and transportation from the pier. I’m staying another 2 nights after, but think this could kill a few birds with one stone.

So I just want to point out if they don't have enough people scheduled for tours like this, they will be canceled. I just a B2B on Nav out of LA. On both cruises the tours were canceled because of lack of pax. I was the only one signed up for the one on the 15th and only 3 people signed up for the one on Sept 12th.

Lots of the cruisers are from LA,  so interest is limited.  I would make other/backup plans or try to get a flight around 1pm.

Another option is to check out Sunseeker Tours....It is the only LA area tour company that is based in the harbor area and, therefore, the only one that picks up at the ship (and will drop you off at LAX)...They regularly do tours for cruise passengers post-cruise.  Probably a better option than the cruise line tours.