Transport Options from Port Miami to Port Fort Lauderdale

CruisingOz

Hello RCB Community, we are doing a S2S from the Symphony to Odyessy on the same day, so debark and embark, and wondering the best option to travel with two people with four suitcases from the Port of Miami to the port at Fort Lauderdale. We from Australia, so being unfamilar with transport options are thinking of simply using a cab. I have downloaded the Lyft app and and we use Uber sometimes in Sydney, so I would imagine it will be the same app state side. Should we pre-book transportation. We would appreciate some local tips for a smooth morning. Thank you in advance.

9 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

Hello RCB Community, we are doing a S2S from the Symphony to Odyessy on the same day, so debark and embark, and wondering the best option to travel with two people with four suitcases from the Port of Miami to the port at Fort Lauderdale. We from Australia, so being unfamilar with transport options are thinking of simply using a cab. I have downloaded the Lyft app and and we use Uber sometimes in Sydney, so I would imagine it will be the same app state side. Should we pre-book transportation. We would appreciate some local tips for a smooth morning. Thank you in advance.

Yes, exactly 

I used fly to fort launderdale, because it was cheaper and then take LYFT to Port Miami cruise. About $35-40 max with tips. 

Uber was more expensive.. . 

My wife and I will also be doing the same itinerary. There is a couple from another blog who is also looking to share transportation.

Found this site on a different thread a few minutes ago. 

We plan to depart Miami at 9:00 am. Our check-in is at 10:30 am up in FTL. If you'd like, I can call and get pricing details for six people.

https://www.ride099.com/

30 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

My wife and I will also be doing the same itinerary. There is a couple from another blog who is also looking to share transportation.

We plan to depart Miami at 9:00 am. Our check-in is at 10:30 am up in FTL. If you'd like, I can call and get pricing details for six people.

@Seafarerthat would be great if you could dp that, we would appreciate it. We are more than happy to share and travel with others who know the lay of the land. Also a great way to meet new people. We are also checked in at 10.30 on Odyseey and were thinking of a 9.00am debark. So you are aware, we will have four full size suit cases as we are travelling for a few weeks, and are happy to pay extra because of this. Please let me know if you wish for more details from us.  

10 hours ago, Seafarer said:

@Seafarerthat would be great if you could dp that, we would appreciate it. We are more than happy to share and travel with others who know the lay of the land. Also a great way to meet new people. We are also checked in at 10.30 on Odyseey and were thinking of a 9.00am debark. So you are aware, we will have four full size suit cases as we are travelling for a few weeks, and are happy to pay extra because of this. Please let me know if you wish for more details from us.  

On 12/29/2021 at 1:54 AM, CruisingOz said:

From what I understand, you are looking for transport options from Port of Miami where you debark from Symphony to Port Everglades to embark on the Odyssey.  I had a similar S2S last month so I asked about this at Guest Services.   They said at the time that Royal will provide assistance in getting you from Symphony to Odyssey.  I did not use the option because I had my van with me.  You may want to call Royal to ask about this assistance for what they call consecutive cruisers.  Of course, a Plan B will always come in handy.

13 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

Called and got an estimate (wouldn't quote because I wasn't making a reservation).

$100 for 4 people

$125 for 6

Also, saw the post about RC possibly providing transportation. I've emailed our TA to see if they can get details.  I expect this to take a few days.

13 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

@Seafarerforgot to ask, I was wondering if you are using the same service from FLL to Miami on debark of Odyssey 

We're flying home out of FTL. Our son who is joining us may be flying out of Miami and would likely be up for a rideshare. He has yet to make any flight plans due to a possible relo.

17 minutes ago, CruisingOz said:

@Seafarerwe are more than happy with the price if you don't mind a couple extra people. Also interested to read what your TA comes back with as we didn't know this was even an option. Thank you for doing this 

And we'll be onboard the Jan 29 Symphony cruise. Look forward to meeting you both.

2 hours ago, Seafarer said:

And we'll be onboard the Jan 29 Symphony cruise. Look forward to meeting you both.

@Seafarerthank you and see you onboard. We are Robert and Mira. We will most likely to visit the diamond and suite lounge where I can let them know someone will be looking out for us, or alternatively I can do the same at guest services. Unsure if you can sent private messages through this blog?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 12:13 PM, PG Cruiser said:

Have you gotten word from your TA about Royal providing transportation between ports?

Sent an email with a couple of questions and they only answered one (not the transportation ?)

I'll call tomorrow and sit on hold while we get blasted with snow tomorrow up here in NC.

I am doing the same thing on February 19th but going from the Sympathy to the Celebrity Reflection.  I was told by someone on the Celebrity board that they have done it a couple of times and RCL have supplied transportation to FL Port from Miami.  He said once on bord he just checked with CS and they arranged him to get on a transfer.  He said most of the people were RCL to RCL but they did not care he was RCL to Celebrity.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, Seafarer said:

Sent an email with a couple of questions and they only answered one (not the transportation ?)

I'll call tomorrow and sit on hold while we get blasted with snow tomorrow up here in NC.

So we ended up with 5 inches and I missed the callback from our TA.  C'est la vie

However, appears that transfers between MIA & FTL are occurring, per this recent schedule on the Allure.

IMG_0564.jpg

RC transfers.jpeg

If I were doing this, I'd use a private transport company. Lyft/Uber works but, depending on what day it is that you'll be doing this (weekend or weekday, number of ships debarking at the same time you are in Miami), some hic-ups, no show stoppers, could happen. 1st, you'll hail Lyft/Uber using the local (data) network (I'm assuming you'll have roaming access through your carrier in AU on your phone). Depending on signal strength and number of people trying to get a Lyft/Uber at your arrival port, it can be frustratingly slow. 2nd, if this is a weekday transfer, you'll be traveling North from Port of Miami on Interstate 95 to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. On a good day it's a 40 minute trip. An accident northbound, just about any time of day, can slow progress to an hour or more. A bad accident that shuts lanes down and it can take longer than that; up to 2 hours. You'll get there, just maybe not as soon as you had liked. 

Some, not all, Uber/Lyft drivers will have a Sun Pass and use the express toll lanes. In heavy traffic, they can cost upwards of $12 in tolls for your trip. There is no question that having access to those will shorten your trip time. Occasionally, the accidents I mention above that can slow your progress will occur in the express lanes. That's a bummer when you see the regular lanes whizzing past you while you sit in the express lanes.

That suggests using a private car is your best option ..... just ask to make sure the driver will have express lane access with a Sun Pass. Either way, be patient. I  know what it can be like anxiously heading to a cruise and then get stuck in traffic. Pour up a jug of you own with a few bloody marry's from an open bar before you leave the ship and relax in your transport of choice.  😄

31 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

So we ended up with 5 inches and I missed the callback from our TA.  C'est la vie

However, appears that transfers between MIA & FTL are occurring, per this recent schedule on the Allure.

Thanks for sharing this.  Now we can tell others in a similar situation about it.  

From what I understand, it’s a complimentary service.  I hope someone can confirm this.

13 minutes ago, JeffB said:

If I were doing this, I'd use a private transport company. Lyft/Uber works but, depending on what day it is that you'll be doing this (weekend or weekday, number of ships debarking at the same time you are in Miami), some hic-ups, no show stoppers, could happen. 1st, you'll hail Lyft/Uber using the local (data) network (I'm assuming you'll have roaming access through your carrier in AU on your phone). Depending on signal strength and number of people trying to get a Lyft/Uber at your arrival port, it can be frustratingly slow. 2nd, if this is a weekday transfer, you'll be traveling North from Port of Miami on Interstate 95 to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. On a good day it's a 40 minute trip. An accident northbound, just about any time of day, can slow progress to an hour or more. A bad accident that shuts lanes down and it can take longer than that; up to 2 hours. You'll get there, just maybe not as soon as you had liked. 

Some, not all, Uber/Lyft drivers will have a Sun Pass and use the express toll lanes. In heavy traffic, they can cost upwards of $12 in tolls for your trip. There is no question that having access to those will shorten your trip time. Occasionally, the accidents I mention above that can slow your progress will occur in the express lanes. That's a bummer when you see the regular lanes whizzing past you while you sit in the express lanes.

That suggests using a private car is your best option ..... just ask to make sure the driver will have express lane access with a Sun Pass. Either way, be patient. I  know what it can be like anxiously heading to a cruise and then get stuck in traffic. Pour up a jug of you own with a few bloody marry's from an open bar before you leave the ship and relax in your transport of choice.  😄

And a mandatory stop at Total Wine to pick up a couple of bottles for the Super Bowl!

30 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Thanks for sharing this.  Now we can tell others in a similar situation about it.  

From what I understand, it’s a complimentary service.  I hope someone can confirm this.

That will be helpful, as I just connected with our TA. She called RC and the agent stated that there was no service between points (contrary to my earlier post).

We'll get this sorted out next week, as there are several options available.

3 hours ago, Seafarer said:

That will be helpful, as I just connected with our TA. She called RC and the agent stated that there was no service between points (contrary to my earlier post).

We'll get this sorted out next week, as there are several options available.

Here is Royal's "official" answer on their FB Page:

image.thumb.png.ab1c6c79025a4e21d2ad4252a26c7333.png