Odyssey right now!

Hello friends. Captain Per of the Odyssey Just announced this evening that we will not be stopping in St. Thomas or San Juan Due to Covid.

We will receive a one day cruise fare cabin credit/refund for missing St. Thomas. We are going to dock at Puerto Plata in the Dominican republic to replace San Juan. We will also “arrive early” in Nassau on Saturday. 

Many of us saw the writing on the wall, particularly those of us who were on odyssey last week and who experienced the cancellation of Curacao and Aruba.

this back to back was a long time planned for us, we booked in April 2021. But our only big disappointment was missing Aruba. We really wanted to swim in a warm ocean, and now that’s not going to happen. The waters in the Bahamas and the northern Caribbean are not that warm right now. But, that is part of the travail of travel. I think the captain of the odyssey of the seas is doing the best he can under the circumstances.

Happy new year to all of you lovely cruise critic people. Cheers!

@Clover18 thank you so much for posting. I was thinking about you and hoping for the best for the second leg of your B2B. While I am sad to hear this ( I was really rooting for the port stops this time around) I understand it. I'm sure you are making the best of your time on board. I hope you are visiting the Next cruise desk like we did, the Wonder is sailing out of Port Canaveral you know! 

Being home now a few days you would not believe the phone calls and inquiry we are getting stunned we are okay and made the best out of our sailing. I agree the Captain did a great job of being transparent and letting us know what was going on, I enjoyed the free movies too. Jungle Book was hysterical! 

May I ask  does the ship feel as crowded as it did last week? I'm happy you stayed, while I had a lovely time making the absolute best of it I was ready to disembark. I wish for you an enjoyable rest of the sailing and a very happy & healthy New Year! 

*We swabbed with our at home kits because we were curious & no one from this household tested positive, I felt more exposed at the Bank the other day. Please keep us updated, Best!  Denise

**UPDATE: while it was a very close call I canceled the crane at debark as I quite happily did not need it, but if I would have stayed on with @Clover18that would have been an all together different outcome LOL!

Edited by Neesa
spelling & thought

50 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Clover18 thank you so much for posting. I was thinking about you and hoping for the best for the second leg of your B2B. While I am sad to hear this ( I was really rooting for the port stops this time around) I understand it. I'm sure you are making the best of your time on board. I hope you are visiting the Next cruise desk like we did, the Wonder is sailing out of Port Canaveral you know! 

Being home now a few days you would not believe the phone calls and inquiry we are getting stunned we are okay and made the best out of our sailing. I agree the Captain did a great job of being transparent and letting us know what was going on, I enjoyed the free movies too. Jungle Book was hysterical! 

May I ask  does the ship feel as crowded as it did last week? I'm happy you stayed, while I had a lovely time making the absolute best of it I was ready to disembark. I wish for you an enjoyable rest of the sailing and a very happy & healthy New Year! 

*We swabbed with our at home kits because we were curious & no one from this household tested positive, I felt more exposed at the Bank the other day. Please keep us updated, Best!  Denise

**UPDATE: while it was a very close call I canceled the crane at debark as I quite happily did not need it, but if I would have stayed on with @Clover18that would have been an all together different outcome LOL!

We may get go up to the next cruise desk to see if we can get on Oasis or Allure next winter. The ship is just as crowded this week as it was over Christmas. In some ways more so. Seems like more kids but I haven’t asked anyone official. 

Very sad that Daniel Marks has not been at schooner bar this week. Not sure if he is sick. We arrived to hear him last night as he was on the schedule but he did not show up. Bar staff did not know anything. He is not on the schedule on today’s cruise compass. 

Pretty sorry to miss St. Thomas. With all the other reports coming out we knew it wasn’t going to happen. I’m not sure where we’re going to dock at Puerto Plata. On the cruise mapper website it says our ship is headed towards Amber Cove, but that is a Carnival built pier and playground, so I’m not sure if they’re letting us actually dock there or if we’re stopping somewhere else.

will keep updates coming. 

@Clover18 Thank you so much for the update! The Allure next November has a sailing leaving Port Everglades doing the Southern thing going down to Aruba and then returns to Texas, 8 nights I believe. I started to book it as I was so excited but then noticed my daughter is in school that week, man if I could just leave her home...bad Neesa!! I would do that sailing in a heart beat, school in session so it would be amazing with a more adult feel, hey @WAAAYTOOOcan you come by an babysit for me, please?? 

She will be 16 in college classes but teenage girls, ah extra eye's! I know you would be on her!

Anyway, I think the crew is being told to stay tight lipped and they want to control the reports by way of the Captain, this way they have a somewhat control of the rumor mill. Sadly they don't know who is an avid cruiser and who wishes them harm, there are those that wish for the demise of the cruise industry for reasons I won't get into here. 

Thanks for the updates, please keep them coming. I found out our suite concierge Ooma who was so wonderful and was gone after night 2 didn't have Covid but was directly exposed via a passenger thus she was contact traced and sequestered to make sure the rest of us were safe. So just because crew are missing doesn't mean they are sick, they are being kept away in an abundance of caution. So that should be known also, my business channel had a story that was such doom and gloom I was like but I was there, that's not TRUE!