Symphony of the seas update

Gary O

We plan to cruise on 31th December and heard a lot about symphony and puerto rico trouble.

is there someone there atm that can helps us clarify the specific things affected by people and crew testing positive? Like

1) closed restaurants areas or games ?

2) closed shows ,for example  from 3 shows of all cruise 2 got cancelled ?

3) ship just skipped San Juan and just spent another day at sea? 
4) have any idea or can ask if for next cruise will have another port instead of San Juan? 
5) whatever info you consider relevant to comment and could be useful for next cruisers

thanks in advance! 

Symphony is much like every ship from every cruise line.  Everything is day to day, reacting to the situation as it unfolds.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/12/28/why-you-need-be-flexible-if-you-want-go-cruise-right-now

What occurred last week, or occurs next week, on any ship has no bearing on what might occur on any future sail date, for any ship.  

I understand you are trying to understand what might happen on your cruise this week.  No one can answer that.  As the blog post states, it requires a lot of flexibility to cruise right now in particular.  

I agree with @CruiseFan21 My personal experience on the Odyssey last week, things are changing by the hour. One minute you are going to a show the next it is canceled. Dressed and waiting to get off the ship in Curacao excursion tickets in hand to be told one more hour please and then not allowed to debark. Disappointing but adaptable. Multiple things we had planned and envisioned were just not to be. We were even told last minute about the mask requirement being a bit tougher so I visited the service desk for more, if I was going to be made to wear it I was not wearing a dirty one! (I secretly replaced Mr. Cabash every day, he didn't even know, otherwise he would grab whatever he left lying around, ugh!)

So please our message is only to help educate on this situation; if you can easily roll with constant changes by all means sail. If you can't (this is a huge vacation $$ investment) put it off for a few months, you will be happy you did.