New RC Notice Regarding Omicron

BrianB

9 minutes ago, chrisandjenn24 said:

The numbers on ships have been anywhere from 50 -100 positive cases. If my math is correct that's around 1% of occupancy.   Someone Help me understand why shows and climbing walls and ice skating might be canceled.   Two years into this pandemic we must go on.

Because a lot of the cases this past week involves crew.

16 minutes ago, chrisandjenn24 said:

The numbers on ships have been anywhere from 50 -100 positive cases. If my math is correct that's around 1% of occupancy.   Someone Help me understand why shows and climbing walls and ice skating might be canceled.   Two years into this pandemic we must go on.

Welcome to the message boards.

Cast and backstage crew work in close quarters.  If one cast or crew member is positive, or a close contact of someone who is, it can impact a show because they don't want the entire cast and entire backstage crew becoming infected.  

25 minutes ago, chrisandjenn24 said:

Agree 100%

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards.

Cast and backstage crew work in close quarters.  If one cast or crew member is positive, or a close contact of someone who is, it can impact a show because they don't want the entire cast and entire backstage crew becoming infected.  

That and some element of doing something for the sake of doing something so no one says they didn't do something

54 minutes ago, twangster said:

Also received.  Royal being transparent.  Can't ask for much more.

I dont see any transparency from Royal, quite the opposite. When I booked my mid Jan cruise I was told the kids would get 4 hours each per day. Someone just got off the Freedom of the Seas and said the following:

"Attached is the kids club schedule for a recent Freedom cruise (4 nights). You were only able to book one session (2 hours) per child. However, you could see if space opened up throughout the cruise."

If we are only allowed one session per child on the cruise, that is pathetic and a flat out ripoff! But no one can tell me what I should actually expect for my cruise in 2 weeks,  I fail to see how that is transparent.

269743921_10166294857385226_7408543037140474549_n.jpg

14 minutes ago, infosec123 said:

I dont see any transparency from Royal, quite the opposite. When I booked my mid Jan cruise I was told the kids would get 4 hours each per day. Someone just got off the Freedom of the Seas and said the following:

"Attached is the kids club schedule for a recent Freedom cruise (4 nights). You were only able to book one session (2 hours) per child. However, you could see if space opened up throughout the cruise."

If we are only allowed one session per child on the cruise, that is pathetic and a flat out ripoff! But no one can tell me what I should actually expect for my cruise in 2 weeks,  I fail to see how that is transparent.

269743921_10166294857385226_7408543037140474549_n.jpg

You should also note that some onboard activities, such as ice skating, rock climbing, laser tag, production shows, Adventure Ocean, etc., could be impacted during your sailing, as we adjust our plans to ensure that the health of both our guests and crew remain our priority.

That is transparency.

Not liking what they stated does not make it not transparent.  

The fact is no one can tell you what to expect in two weeks. That’s clear to anyone following along with what’s been going on. They are pretty much telling everyone that with this new variant…expect changes, adjustments, cancellations and postponements of services and itineraries. And if you wish to not take the chance of being disappointed…maybe do not go on a cruise now.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

You should also note that some onboard activities, such as ice skating, rock climbing, laser tag, production shows, Adventure Ocean, etc., could be impacted during your sailing, as we adjust our plans to ensure that the health of both our guests and crew remain our priority.

That is transparency.

Not liking what they stated does not make it not transparent.  

Ok, so what should we expect in two weeks? since you know Royal is being transparent in your opinion. How much time will my kids get at the kids club? Will they be able to use it one a day? Once again, since you say Royal is being transparent, this information should be available, that or you dont understand the definition of the word transparent...

10 minutes ago, BrianB said:

The fact is no one can tell you what to expect in two weeks. That’s clear to anyone following along with what’s been going on. They are pretty much telling everyone that with this new variant…expect changes, adjustments, cancellations and postponements of services and itineraries. And if you wish to not take the chance of being disappointed…maybe do not go on a cruise now.

Ive been following very closely and other cruise lines have no problem telling people what to expect before they sail. Apparently Royal DOES have this problem but for some reason people think they are being transparent.

9 minutes ago, infosec123 said:

Ive been following very closely and other cruise lines have no problem telling people what to expect before they sail. Apparently Royal DOES have this problem but for some reason people think they are being transparent.

Things change quickly and frequently.  Royal Caribbean doesn't  have any more of a crystal ball predicting what things will be like in two weeks than anyone else.  If you're unhappy with the way they are handling things, you should definitely reschedule at this time.

Yep. I'm sure those other transparent cruise lines have no problem telling their guests to expect being denied ports...or expect positive crew cases after you sail...to expect adjustments to scheduled onboard activities because they planned on having less crew available...

Royal should have done that too. Oh, wait.............

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Things change quickly and frequently.  Royal Caribbean doesn't  have any more of a crystal ball predicting what things will be like in two weeks than anyone else.  If you're unhappy with the way they are handling things, you should definitely reschedule at this time.

Funny how other cruise lines are able to predict this, I wonder why. Oh wait, its because RCL is transparent! LOL!

29 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Yep. I'm sure those other transparent cruise lines have no problem telling their guests to expect being denied ports...or expect positive crew cases after you sail...to expect adjustments to scheduled onboard activities because they planned on having less crew available...

Royal should have done that too. Oh, wait.............

Yep, they have no problem telling their customers that only a certain number of people are allowed in the pool at a time, or that they have a specific limited number of slots to use at the kids club on the ship. RCL cant manage to do that apparently, but they are transparent according to people who have no idea what the word transparent actually means!

21 minutes ago, infosec123 said:

Yep, they have no problem telling their customers that only a certain number of people are allowed in the pool at a time, or that they have a specific limited number of slots to use at the kids club on the ship. RCL cant manage to do that apparently, but they are transparent according to people who have no idea what the word transparent actually means!

You should definitely cancel.

3 hours ago, infosec123 said:

Ok, so what should we expect in two weeks? since you know Royal is being transparent in your opinion. How much time will my kids get at the kids club? Will they be able to use it one a day? Once again, since you say Royal is being transparent, this information should be available, that or you dont understand the definition of the word transparent...

You should expect and will experience exactly what Royal is telling you - there could be some impact compared to the pre-pandemic experience.  

It's really that simple.  

If Royal was saying nothing at all, or suggesting there is no reason to expect any impact I would understand better your claim of non-transparency. 

I think a lot of people think they know what transparent means and actually don't. When it comes to the meaning in regard to services, RCG is right on point. @infosec123seems to not only expect transparency but a fortune reading into the future. They are telling you there might be changes in offerings because everything is up in the air. They don't have a crystal ball. Who knows how many people might test positive or cancel in those weeks? How many crew members might test positive or have to quarantine because of close contact? They can't offer 4 hours because of too many kids or too few crew, they are being transparent in not giving an exact number. That way they can manage expectation.