Shows cancelled on Oasis for balance of the cruise 12.28.21

Cruizer Rick

1 hour ago, recogneyes said:

Thank you for the update.  We sail on Oasis January 2nd so likely a good chance the shows will not be running then either.  All part of the need to be flexible mindset when deciding to cruise right now. 

Absolutely! I'm finding all of the complaining about canceled ports etc outrageous considering the state of the world. RC is trying so hard and I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for them.

As we were on Freedom in early Dec watching a guy just losing it on the staff because he had to wait for his FREE covid test we were disgusted. We patiently waited while sitting comfortably socializing and drinking coffee....sounds pretty rough right!

Currently on Oasis. Staying flexible! We were looking forward to Aqua 80s. Darn the luck, we'll just need to book another cruise on Oasis. LOVE THIS SHIP! Shane our Genie, our Suites Sun Deck bartender Dana, Yethiwe in the spa, ALL are so wonderful, staying positive and friendly

THIS IS WHY WE CRUISE!

19 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Currently on Oasis. Staying flexible! We were looking forward to Aqua 80s. Darn the luck, we'll just need to book another cruise on Oasis. LOVE THIS SHIP! Shane our Genie, our Suites Sun Deck bartender Dana, Yethiwe in the spa, ALL are so wonderful, staying positive and friendly

THIS IS WHY WE CRUISE!

Shane is a genie that a lot of Insiders fondly remember on Anthem (ahem @Lovetocruise2002)

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

LOL! We went in with an open mind in OCT... painful to sit through! My wife loved it on Broadway when she was a kid... the Oasis adaptation, not so much!

Uh, yeah....we don't do Cats.

We were on the Oasis the beginning of Dec. The Aqua show was interesting...too much foo-foo dancing and not enough diving for our tastes. No big loss there IMO.  😉

3 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

THIS IS WHY WE CRUISE!

We loved Dana a couple of weeks ago! Awesome bartender! 

7 hours ago, recogneyes said:

Thank you for the update.  We sail on Oasis January 2nd so likely a good chance the shows will not be running then either.  All part of the need to be flexible mindset when deciding to cruise right now. 

My family and I will be with you on the January 2nd sailing. My fingers are crossed that the crew gets healthy over the next 5 days.

Good morning from Roatan, Oasis of the Seas! 

20211230_081405.thumb.jpg.5b9c7ff3e57e27621ecf56aa20e49ec5.jpgMy men are fly fishing for Permit and Bonefish today. DS tied his own for this trip. Not the height of the season, but hey, we are in Roatan and not in the cold Ozarks today! I'm looking forward to attending the Pheonix rock concert at the Aqua Theater tonight! Hopefully, they'll do some Led Zeppelin!

On 12/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, twangster said:

Cats is cancelled?  Woohoo!  

Hey, hey... I loved Cats on the Oasis.  I watched it three times.  One showing was interrupted several times with a loud announcement calling for those who I assume haven't gotten tested yet.  I couldn't believe a production show would be interrupted by something that was not a real emergency.  I felt it was very disrespectful to the artists on that stage.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, gomammoth22 said:

Update - Ice shows cancelled for the remainder of this voyage as well.  Down to comedians and musicians.  They’re playing movies in the Aqua Theatre this evening.

As someone who was also on that cruise, the comedians were pretty funny after those announcements. Something about how they would be taking over doing the CATS performances and the ice skating shows as they were the only entertainers left 😄
Even with those cancellations, still had a fantastic time!

On 12/29/2021 at 9:55 PM, gomammoth22 said:

Update - Ice shows cancelled for the remainder of this voyage as well.  Down to comedians and musicians.  They’re playing movies in the Aqua Theatre this evening.

Aqua Theater movie sounds great, actually.