Emed Website down?

wjackson2289

Hello everyone. 
We are sailing on the 30th Allure sailing. We ordered 6 EMED at home testing kits through royal Caribbean.

It says to either scan the QR code on the box or visit emed.com/FDA but through both avenues we are getting an Error from the website.  

Any ideas on why? is the website down or am i doing something wrong? 

error.png

Looks fine for me as well.  A word of note if something just doesn't seem to want to work google how to get around a firewall at school or work.  Sometimes DNS or some ISP error can cause an issue and using something to get around them will give you a chance to see if it's the site or your connection.  You could also use a phone and just disconnect from WiFi and try that even if it means turning your phone into a hotspot for a laptop.

I ordered a six pack from eMed on Sunday morning. Ten minutes later I received the email that my order was approved. I anticipated a delay in delivery due to less supply and an increased demand.

They arrived two days later on Tuesday morning. They all have expiration dates of November 2022. To say I was surprised is an understatement.

46 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I ordered a six pack from eMed on Sunday morning. Ten minutes later I received the email that my order was approved. I anticipated a delay in delivery due to less supply and an increased demand.

They arrived two days later on Tuesday morning. They all have expiration dates of November 2022. To say I was surprised is an understatement.

That's great news on the fast shipping.  I was wondering how far in advance of my February cruise I should order the tests.  Your experience suggests I can wait awhile. Thanks for the update!

6 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

That's great news on the fast shipping.  I was wondering how far in advance of my February cruise I should order the tests.  Your experience suggests I can wait awhile. Thanks for the update!

I wouldn't wait. No telling what the future holds. All six of them have expiration dates of Nov 2022 so they're good for nearly a year. Get 'em while you can! Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

I just ordered a 6-pack today and within a few minutes it was approved too.  We are flying to Mexico in 38 days (we are fully vaxed & Boostered) so we don't have to test going but we do coming back.  Our hotel is supposed to have tests for us but I want to have some just in case the decided to stop that feature like RCI did.  We also have a cruise in July and one in August so we will use those then.  I really do hope the hotel will still be doing testing so that I can use those for when we come back from our British Isles cruise in August as RCI no longer tests. 

3 hours ago, BrianB said:

If you don't mind posting specifics on the dates I am going to try and compile information on the tests available. The thread is setup over here. 

I just ordered some today as well — it’s looking to be more stress than I want to deal with getting tests done locally,  the same day we fly.  Much easier to do them in our hotel room before we board.  I’d rather know before flying to NY, but there is no way to get the test, and results before we fly (coming in two nights early in case of weather, or other covid related airline delays)

I ordered mine last Thursday from Optum, & got them Wednesday, but there was the Christmas holiday in between, so...

Did use one, as DD was exposed & did the online proctored version (figured, why not, see how it goes before we "officially" need one), and it tested positive.  Just hoping she (& all of us, although only her sister is showing symptoms) are negative by the time we need to be