Covid test results...

Sjbravo

I ordered the $150 (177 with tax and shipping) six pack from e-med on 12/20 for a Jan 8th cruise and it hasn't shipped yet. Walgreens has no rapid test appointments in my state (the most populous one in the country) closest one to San Diego on their website is Vancouver, Washington. I did find CVS had appointments near our home but they are booked up about 10 days out, our hmo only does pcr with 24-72 hr results, which doesn't work since our cruise leaves on a Sunday but I'd like results before flying in the day before on Saturday, I need results in about 20 hours from test to flight. So I get the concern, I'm going to book a rapid test at cvs, hope the emed tests come but anyone looking into it a week out may not be able to get a test and results in the required 2 day window unless they plan well ahead depending on where they live. Maybe this subsides, but if it doesn't it will make for a mess for most cruisers who aren't as OCD as I am with regards to planning.

I’m in Central NJ. CVS opens up scheduling two weeks in advance. Exactly two weeks before my test date, I log in to my CVS app (usually right after midnight) and secure my test date and time. I have also kept checking availability just to see…usually there are available slots up to three or four days prior. For anyone in NJ getting ready to cruise, I hope this helps!