Wellness Check

I searched the title and did not find anything, so I am starting a new thread.

My wife and I are embarking on our first Royal Caribbean cruise this New Years Day on the Mariner.

What is currently involved in the "wellness check" that Royal Caribbean performs the day of sailing?

I assume the customary temperature check, but what else?

15 minutes ago, LadyandtheHeel said:

I searched the title and did not find anything, so I am starting a new thread.

My wife and I are embarking on our first Royal Caribbean cruise this New Years Day on the Mariner.

What is currently involved in the "wellness check" that Royal Caribbean performs the day of sailing?

I assume the customary temperature check, but what else?

I can only speak to my experience on Anthem 21Nov21 out of Bayonne, NJ and Odyssey 18Dec2021 out of Fort Lauderdale, FL.  In both cases, there was no 'wellness check' at the port.  They only wanted to see your negative test, your vaccine card, and checked that you completed the health questionaire.  No temperature check or anything like that.    

Other ports/ships might do it differently, I do not know.

Wellness check is showing proof of negative test, proof of vaccine and answering the health questionnaire. Unvaccinated get tested. If there is any concerns with your answer to the health questionnaire there may be a secondary screening where they ask more details and potentially test you or screen you for symptoms.

If you answer any questions Yes on the health check in-you will be denied boarding.  I met someone on one of my sailings who had mentioned cold like symptoms because of his allergies.  He was instantly denied sailing (this is on the app) and he made calls to get it rectified. He was granted a secondary screening On the day of sailing, he had to meet with some sort of health person and answer questions.

17 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

If you answer any questions Yes on the health check in-you will be denied boarding.  I met someone on one of my sailings who had mentioned cold like symptoms because of his allergies.  He was instantly denied sailing (this is on the app) and he made calls to get it rectified. He was granted a secondary screening On the day of sailing, he had to meet with some sort of health person and answer questions.

That's our concern. As long as the COVID test is negative, all should be fine, right?

Just disembarked in Tampa.  Answered the questionnaire on the app the day before sailing, showed our vaccine cards and test results (print them out! Folks messing with dubious internet and trying to pull it up on phones really gummed up the works) and all was well.  No temp check at the pier.  Pretty elaborate clinic set up for the kids. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 7:55 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Wellness check is showing proof of negative test, proof of vaccine and answering the health questionnaire. Unvaccinated get tested. If there is any concerns with your answer to the health questionnaire there may be a secondary screening where they ask more details and potentially test you or screen you for symptoms.

Hi, so they admitted unvaccinated people on the cruise? If you are unvaccinated are you allowed to board? This specifically regards the Royal Caribbean Oasis of The Seas. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Children under 12 can be unvaccinated

On 12/29/2021 at 2:39 PM, The Roberts said:

Just disembarked in Tampa.  Answered the questionnaire on the app the day before sailing, showed our vaccine cards and test results (print them out! Folks messing with dubious internet and trying to pull it up on phones really gummed up the works) and all was well.  No temp check at the pier.  Pretty elaborate clinic set up for the kids. 

What was the process like for the unvaccinated kids getting tested?  Was it organized?  Did it take a long time?  Thank you.  

• 1 month later...