Issues with price reduction

LCinPDX

Hello!  We booked a cruise for July 2022 to the Eastern Caribbean out of Miami.  I booked on the Royal website right after Thanksgiving during their Black Friday sale. I checked prices again on December 16th and they went down.  I called Royal and they credited me about $400 for the two balcony cabins we had reserved.  I looked at the prices again and they have gone down about another $400.  I called and the representative could not find the price that I had found on their site (after being on hold for about a half hour and her checking twice).  She said the prices that she was showing were the same as the price I currently have.  I thought it was an error on my part.  I closed the browser and looked again.  The prices are still lower.  I am confused and wonder if this has happened to anyone else.  Should I try again and perhaps have more luck with another representative?  Math was never my strong point, but....

Here are the numbers:  

11/28--2 ocean view connecting cabins @ $4948 ea

12/16--Reduced to $4691.12 ea

12/27--Current price online $4488.12 ea

4 minutes ago, LCinPDX said:

Hello!  We booked a cruise for July 2022 to the Eastern Caribbean out of Miami.  I booked on the Royal website right after Thanksgiving during their Black Friday sale. I checked prices again on December 16th and they went down.  I called Royal and they credited me about $400 for the two balcony cabins we had reserved.  I looked at the prices again and they have gone down about another $400.  I called and the representative could not find the price that I had found on their site (after being on hold for about a half hour and her checking twice).  She said the prices that she was showing were the same as the price I currently have.  I thought it was an error on my part.  I closed the browser and looked again.  The prices are still lower.  I am confused and wonder if this has happened to anyone else.  Should I try again and perhaps have more luck with another representative?  Math was never my strong point, but....

Here are the numbers:  

11/28--2 ocean view connecting cabins @ $4948 ea

12/16--Reduced to $4691.12 ea

12/27--Current price online $4488.12 ea

Certainly feel free to call and check again.  You never know what the other end of the phone is seeing on their side.  In the future, consider using a good travel agent, as they can do a lot of this for you saving you both time and money.

6 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

Certainly feel free to call and check again.  You never know what the other end of the phone is seeing on their side.  In the future, consider using a good travel agent, as they can do a lot of this for you saving you both time and money.

I will call back and yes, this points out the bonus of using a travel agent.  Thanks!

Well, I called back and the second person was able to explain the discrepancy.  I had not taken into account that we had pre-paid gratuities and that is what was making the price I paid more.  I feel better knowing that I wasn't going crazy and/or seeing something on my computer that the representative couldn't see. 🤣