infant covid protocol

bizballs

2 hours ago, bizballs said:

What is covid protocol for infants on Allure of the Seas

Can they leave the ship with vaccinated parents or do they have to be booked on an excursion

I haven't cruised yet, but I imagine it is the same as having any other non vaccinated child in your party.  Under 12 unvaccinated must get tested (PCR), under 2 don't have to wear a mask, and if there are any unvaccinated in the party, all are considered unvaccinated in those instances and may leave the ship only on sponsored excursions. 

1 hour ago, MaryCS62 said:

I haven't cruised yet, but I imagine it is the same as having any other non vaccinated child in your party.  Under 12 unvaccinated must get tested (PCR), under 2 don't have to wear a mask, and if there are any unvaccinated in the party, all are considered unvaccinated in those instances and may leave the ship only on sponsored excursions. 

This is accurate. You cannot leave the ship when in port unless on an excursion - Coco Cay is an exception, everyone is free to come and go. If you want to explore a port of call, you can drop your child off at Royal Babies and Tots. 

In addition to having a tour booked through RC you must make sure to follow any age restricted policy. Traveling with my 3 kiddos, ages 5, 6 and 9 month old and I booked an excursion on cruise planner. In the fine print, it said minimum age is 3 years old. But on the FAQ's it listed that infants that can sit on parents lap, typically do not require a seat are okay to join. Not assuming anything and being confused I emailed shorex@rccl.com to clarify the policy.

Sure enough, because of the excursion age restriction my infant couldn't join and could not get off the ship even though a RC excursion is booked. It was good to know ahead of time instead of finding out on board. So when in doubt, email RC and ask just to be sure.