Caribbean / bahamas in july

Marlena

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

As a teacher, and having vacation time that is not flexible at all, we cruise every summer in July or August.  It's hot.  But then again, we are from Canada, so I will take all the heat I can get lol.

Fellow Canadian here! I hear you. Also now going by our daughters school schedule. 

Obviously hot but not horribly?

Do you have a time in the summer you think is best?

15 minutes ago, Marlena said:

Obviously hot but not horribly?

That is pretty subjective lol.  I am not sure how to answer that.  We never suffer heat stroke if that helps for comparison, but it is definitely hotter than Southern Ontario.

16 minutes ago, Marlena said:

Do you have a time in the summer you think is best?

Not really.  Prices will be cheaper in August vs. July, but our anniversary is in July so we usually always take cruise then. When the schedule allows, we like to sail at the end of August as well, but then you are taking a chance with hurricane season.

4 hours ago, Marlena said:

We have some FCCs left over and looking to book from NY on oasis this summer. We are looking between either July 1st or later in July. Is it ridiculous to do this sailing in the summer? Will we be completely overheating?

It depends what you do, when you do it, and where. Avoid hiking middle of the day. Enjoy water, use sunscreen, etc. We enjoyed Caribbean summer cruises. Worst heat for us was European walking tours in summer.

If cruising in the tropics in the summer, remember that, as Jimmy Buffet once said, "there's no trying to reason with Hurricane Season." It starts 1 June and ends Late October (usually), with the peak in early to mid September. So July would be better than August, which would be better than September. 

But, that's just the averages. A storm could happen. That's life in paradise.

26 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

It depends what you do, when you do it, and where. Avoid hiking middle of the day. Enjoy water, use sunscreen, etc. We enjoyed Caribbean summer cruises. Worst heat for us was European walking tours in summer.

We have a 6 year old so activities are generally milder then hiking! Lol