Dining With Large Group

Kaylar

Good evening all! New poster here, though I have been on cruises before. 

I was wondering, does anyone have any experience with dining with a large group with the current COVID rules of no more than 8 to a table? I am going as a member of a group of ten, and we will all be spending most of the day everyday together. We were all wondering if they will let us eat as a group of ten or if they will force us to split into smaller groups. Anyone had any experience dining as a larger group in these times? 

Thanks!!

On 12/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, Kaylar said:

Good evening all! New poster here, though I have been on cruises before. 

I was wondering, does anyone have any experience with dining with a large group with the current COVID rules of no more than 8 to a table? I am going as a member of a group of ten, and we will all be spending most of the day everyday together. We were all wondering if they will let us eat as a group of ten or if they will force us to split into smaller groups. Anyone had any experience dining as a larger group in these times? 

Thanks!!

Post-COVID, I was able to eat with two other couples in my party.  We were seated in a table for six.

My friends sailed on the Allure as a group of 17 (6 staterooms).  They were seated at tables next to each other in the main dining room.  It was hard to find a spot for them but the section manager found one.

269837704_4926673510689932_8466166170835955456_n.thumb.jpg.4424fba072e593b14afbb75aa4192f8c.jpg

On Oasis 12/26/2021, all dining venues required our party of 9 to have 2 tables.  At MDR, Windjammer and Chops, they all said it was a CDC rule.  Not sure about that, but all managers were adamant that 8 was a maximum.  However, all allowed us to have two tables pulled fairly close together, with the same waiters so they served us together. I checked in with the MDR and Chops on boarding day to make sure it was set up the way we needed it.  Square/rectangular tables work better than round for pulling them close together.