Refund due to Covid protocols?

MLH

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/07/01/royal-caribbean-will-refund-your-future-cruise-credits-if-you-dont-new-health-protocols

I noticed this on the blog and wondered if this is still the case. I have an old lift and shift cruise booked before the shutdown and is scheduled for Jan 2. Am I eligible for a refund versus a fcc. if I am unhappy with the VAX and mask protocols? I don’t have any fcc applied to the booking. 

Thanks. I have been reading all different things. Just trying to get my facts straight before I call my big box. I am no longer using them for future cruises as I found a wonderful ta but since this is an old one I feel I need to go armed with information. 

I was recently able to get cash refunds for 8 cruises that I cancelled due to COVID protocols.  Some were original bookings and at least 1 was a L&S from last year.  I was fortunate to have a very good TA handle all of these refunds so I have no real advice on what to say or who to talk to.  I just know that it can be done.

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I was recently able to get cash refunds for 8 cruises that I cancelled due to COVID protocols.  Some were original bookings and at least 1 was a L&S from last year.  I was fortunate to have a very good TA handle all of these refunds so I have no real advice on what to say or who to talk to.  I just know that it can be done.

Thanks. I don’t mind the fcc but it is a star booking and passenger 1 and 2 are big $ with passenger 3/4 are not and they said they are splitting the fcc 4 ways. I’d rather have my husband and I have the larger one as we cruise more often and can apply it to some of the cruises I have booked. 

I can tell you from very recent experience, that they will attempt to offer a Future Cruise Credit a la 'Cruise with Confidence',, but I found that immediate pushback and reminder that you are canceling due to protocols will result in a full refund. A caveat: if you have future cruise credits involved, they will require some additional time to sort it all out. 

18 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I can tell you from very recent experience, that they will attempt to offer a Future Cruise Credit a la 'Cruise with Confidence',, but I found that immediate pushback and reminder that you are canceling due to protocols will result in a full refund. A caveat: if you have future cruise credits involved, they will require some additional time to sort it all out. 

Thanks. I do not have any fccs applied.