Water Bottle or Can?

barjpoe

After getting only aluminum cans on one cruise….I now bring a plastic bottle in my luggage. I just empty the can into my bottle and use that. I agree the water seems to taste different when drinking it from the can…but somehow it seems normal coming from the bottle. Go figure.🤔

5 minutes ago, BrianB said:

After getting only aluminum cans on one cruise….I now bring a plastic bottle in my luggage. I just empty the can into my bottle and use that. I agree the water seems to taste different when drinking it from the can…but somehow it seems normal coming from the bottle. Go figure.🤔

What a great idea about bringing your own plastic bottle.  I wasn't looking forward to both drinking it out of a can and not having the ability to close it off to have some for later  when I just wanted a sip.

3 hours ago, BrianB said:

I made the mistake of putting an empty bottle in my carry on and had to toss it out per the TSA.

59 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

I made the mistake of putting an empty bottle in my carry on and had to toss it out per the TSA.

Empty bottle? That shouldn't have been an issue. I carry empty ones with me often and fill it after security.

I was on Symphony last week and the first 2/3 of the cruise I received plastic water bottles and the last third I received aluminum water bottles.  It must vary per ship and their supply. I would really not care for a can that you can not close. I tend to carry around the bottle for some time. Looks like I will also have to find a container to bring along for the next cruise in case of cans.

I also use the empty plastic water bottle trick in my carry on luggage and also have never had an issue with TSA.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:26 AM, BrianB said:

I cant drink beer from a can, I can taste the aluminum, but I can pour it into a glass and I am fine.  I imagine it will be the same with canned water for me.

29 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I cant drink beer from a can, I can taste the aluminum, but I can pour it into a glass and I am fine.  I imagine it will be the same with canned water for me.

Don’t let your lips touch the beer can.

As an added bonus your chug time will decrease.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:26 AM, BrianB said:

I agree; something just didn't taste right. I always asked for a glass of ice and once I had it colder and in a glass, it tasted perfectly fine to me. 

We were on the 12/18 Mariner cruise from Port Canaveral and they had the soda can type water bottles posted earlier.

Our friends were on the 12/19 Harmony cruise also out of Port Canaveral and they had water in aluminum bottles that looked like the beer bottle in the pic below …….. I know for sure because they came to our house with some of those unopened bottles after the cruise …..

8D801C64-5A51-4002-8EBB-0CDAFD9E607A.jpeg

3 hours ago, KristiZ said:

I glanced at this photo and assumed you were going to be making a joke about Bud Light = water 😉 😄 

It’s funny you said that because our whole cruise every time I had a can of water, I kept saying how my mind kept thinking I was drinking a really weak watery beer lol 😂 ……. I eventually just started asking for a glass of ice water when I wanted water that wasn’t for the room.

1 hour ago, peytonhead said:

We just got off Explorer and we had the dreaded canned water.  Cruise planner showed Evian but we were surprised with the cans.

I believe Evian is an up-purchase …… at least that’s what we were told in Chops on Odyssey in November ……. That Evian isn’t included in the Deluxe Beverage Package and would be an additional cost.

Hubby and I were on the group cruise with Matt on Harmony in Nov.  It was canned mineral water.  I can't drink water from a can cause I only taste the can, and to top it off I do not really like mineral water.  It was alot of filling our Coke cups up with water at Cafe Promenade.  About half way thru we happened to stop in Central Park at the bar and surprise, they had plastic water bottles.  That made our day.  We went back a few more times to have some more bottles to refill.  We leave on the Independence on Jan 10th and I hope it's not mineral water again.  This time I'm bringing my refillable water bottle.....

When cruising first started back up again the "water in a can" was gross - without a doubt it had a metal tinge and tasted well really poor.  I am sure this is because of the pandemic, the water sat around for a very long time and just sat in a warehouse.  Jump up a few months later and the water tastes fine in the can (once you get over the "can" part), because now stock is being rotated and used with fresh supplies coming in all the time.  

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Nate Y said:

Anyone else just drink the tap water?  I normally hate tap water, but I read RC's is distilled ocean water.  I normally drink distilled at home anyway.  Can't stand 'spring' water or anything else that intentionally adds 'minerals' to the water.

I believe all desalinized water is mineralized to make it taste more natural. 

On the Anthem…primarily canned water. Those annoying ‘flip top’ non-resealable cans. But, I go to the specialty coffee bar and buy a plastic bottle of water ( Nestle Pure Life) and just refill it. I usually pack an empty plastic bottle and just pour the canned water into it…but, I forgot!🤷🏼‍♂️