Coastal Kitchen Reservations

SpicyCherry

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

What about those in Jr Suites?  Do we need to do this daily and if so when in the day?

Varies by ship and loads that cruise.  On Quantum class in a JS I've been able to make reservation for the week pre-pandemic.  On Oasis class my luck in a JS has been much worse.  

I'd visit CK upon boarding and ask.

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

Varies by ship and loads that cruise.  On Quantum class in a JS I've been able to make reservation for the week pre-pandemic.  On Oasis class my luck in a JS has been much worse.  

I'd visit CK upon boarding and ask.

Ah, bummer. We loved CK on our Odyssey Cruise (Junior Suite) and they let us make as many reservations as we wanted for dinner - granted, the ship was fairly low capacity at the time, too. Really loved the CK crew on that ship (not that we have much CK experience to compare to!)

We'll make CK our first stop on Allure in October and just see what they say. 

32 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

We will be on Oasis on 1/30/22 so we will see how it goes. I am thinking that with omicron there will be still limited capacity on board so we might have better luck.

As for our 12/22 sailing I am not going to hold my breath.

Pinnacle are still restricted so that may help your cause. 

Certain night menus appeal to me more than others.  Look them over in the app before and if required, pick the best nights for the menus you like.  

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

Pinnacle are still restricted so that may help your cause. 

Certain night menus appeal to me more than others.  Look them over in the app before and if required, pick the best nights for the menus you like.  

Great suggestion. I didn't know you could see the menu for each evening in the app. This will be helpful in choosing which nights to opt for Specialty Dining. Our sailing is not until April/May 2022 so not sure if what we're seeing is accurate for our sailing though. But some of what we do see makes the decision to dine elsewhere easier!! Thanks.

22 hours ago, twangster said:

Depends on the ship.  Harmony - No.  Allure - Yes. 

But that was Thanksgiving on Harmony so CK was way over capacity.  Doubt JS did very well on that cruise either.  

I agree that all depends on the ship, the host and the capacity, as well as how many in suites are actually eating there.

My last 2 CK experiences since startup, has been they really filled up from 6:30 on when early traditional was 5:30 as a reference.

Pin's a few nights early and very late, also not the same ones every night as I saw pre-Covid.

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, KLA said:

Ah, bummer. We loved CK on our Odyssey Cruise (Junior Suite) and they let us make as many reservations as we wanted for dinner - granted, the ship was fairly low capacity at the time, too. Really loved the CK crew on that ship (not that we have much CK experience to compare to!)

We'll make CK our first stop on Allure in October and just see what they say. 

Does anyone have any info on the availability for JS guests on Odyssey recently? Can you make all your reservations on the first day or do you have to make them day bay day?

2 hours ago, Carlos A. said:

Does anyone have any info on the availability for JS guests on Odyssey recently? Can you make all your reservations on the first day or do you have to make them day bay day?

Go up to the CK desk on Day 1 and see what they'll let you do. Back in October we had no issue doing this, but that was also during reduced capacity. You may not have the same luck now, but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

2 hours ago, KLA said:

Go up to the CK desk on Day 1 and see what they'll let you do. Back in October we had no issue doing this, but that was also during reduced capacity. You may not have the same luck now, but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

YMMV but on our May 13-20 Ovation cruise we stopped by the CK desk and was able to make reservations for the first two nights. On the second night we were able to make CK reservations for the remaining nights.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, AngieC said:

We are in a suite this Christmas.  Can we make the coastal kitchen reservations ahead of time?  I saw someone mention a concierge-  when/how do we contact them?  Thanks

Welcome to the 'Suite Life'....there's no going back!! The Suite Concierge will reach out to all those in Grand Suites or higher about 1 week prior to sailing. They will make all your dining reservations, including Coastal Kitchen. They will also make other reservations, for Spa, Shows, etc. They will not reach out to passengers in Junior Suites early so those in the JS can make dinner reservations at CK once onboard, per availability. 

What ship will you be on?

Boohoohoo I booked junior suite for our first suite thinking we'd be able to get in for dinners at CK. I bid for grand suite and higher (they're not available for paying upgrade) now that I know I can't rely on CK. Hoping for a miracle. If hubby doesn't get some better food, his cruise career will be over.  Dang dang dang. 

6 hours ago, Xaa said:

Just make some CK reservations once you get onboard. @anneglubis.  If it's just you 2, you'll have some success.

@anneglubis i’d also recommend being very very flexible on your dining time.

if there are families with children, they will likely fill the earlier slots and there may not be availability for you between 5:30-7:30/8. this is typically what happens to us if we run into a conflict, as we are a party of 2, but prefer to eat early 😂

21 minutes ago, anneglubis said:

Ummm... @asquared17 i'm totally open to eating whenever. Early is better for intermittent fasting anyway. Not that I do that, but I could maybe lose weight if I ate earlier lol.  But are we talking even earlier than 5?

No, they don’t start serving dinner until 5. You can see hours (and menus) in the app.

58 minutes ago, anneglubis said:

Bah. I guess my app isn't updated with that stuff. Tons of the buttons in the toolbar don't bring up anything. Maybe once I get on the ship, it'll all sort out.  I'm so used to NOT using the app on carnival, I just didn't bother with the RC app.

FWIW, CK always serves filet mignon on night 1 and it is very good, so if it fits your plans, I recommend trying to get a reservation for the first night.

On 5/4/2023 at 6:42 PM, anneglubis said:

Ummm... @asquared17 i'm totally open to eating whenever. Early is better for intermittent fasting anyway. Not that I do that, but I could maybe lose weight if I ate earlier lol.  But are we talking even earlier than 5?

i am actually not sure if there is a reservation time earlier than 5:30 in CK, ship dependent. more so leaning toward later hour — think for 8-8:30 💚 

Lol! We're vegetarian lolol. But hubby eats meat occasionally. So I'll take you up on that advice and try to set him up for a nice steak. 😀

Part of what I'm hoping is that CK serves better vegetarian options than the dining room, which has only about 2-3 Indian dishes they shuffle throughout the cruise. We can only do that for a couple of meals and then it's so much salad and cheese pizza on these trips.  It's fine for me, who always has weight to lose and doesn't care that much about food quality actually. But hubby burns calories like a furnace. I gotta find protein to shovel in there and he is kinda picky. BTW, I'm surely not suggesting royal change anything for the 2% passengers who are vegetarians. Just trying to see if there are more options on the ship that I've been missing.  So come on CK!! Thanks so much for the tips.

36 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, CK always serves filet mignon on night 1 and it is very good, so if it fits your plans, i recommend trying to get a reservation for the first night.