Deluxe Drink Package Decision Test

DocLC

Earlier this year, I posted a Drink Package Decision Tree based on a post by DisneyBartenderScott.  The original thread can be seen here:  http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php/topic/1469-royal-caribbean-drink-package-decision-tree/?hl=%2Bdecision+%2Btree

In trying to update the decision tree with the various sales going on and the streamlining of the drink package, I found that doing so was nearly impossible.  So instead, I came up with a 10-item quiz to help you decide if you should consider purchasing the drink package.  If you score above a 5, you should contemplate purchasing the drink package.  If you score a 7 or higher, the drink package seems to be a slam dunk in my opinion.  Also, feel free to suggest revisions and/or new items.  For example, I would suspect Matt would suggest something about distributing the costs.

Update: A self-scoring version of the test can be taken here:  https://testmoz.com/922297

Deluxe Drink Package Decision Test

Answer TRUE or FALSE for the following items:

1.       I like to have more than just a glass or two of wine with dinner each night.

2.       I like to drink specialty coffees and/or bottled water each day.

3.       I will be dining in multiple specialty restaurants during my cruise.

4.       I drink four or more alcoholic drinks per day.

5.       I am not a Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle member of the Crown and Anchor Society.

6.       I have a lot of sea days during my cruise.

7.       I plan to arrive as early as possible on embarkation day.

8.       My itinerary includes Coco Cay or Labadee.

9.       I enjoy starting my day with a morning cocktail (e.g., mimosa or Blood Mary).

10.     I can take advantage of a discount by prepurchasing the drink package before my cruise.

Scoring Instructions: Add up the number of TRUE answers.  If you answered TRUE for 5 or more, consider buying the drink package.  If you answered TRUE to 7 or more items, the drink package is likely your best option.

Important considerations:

Item #1: If you answered FALSE but enjoy a glass of wine or two with dinner, consider bringing on two bottles of wine with you.  Royal Caribbean allows two bottles of wine to be brought on per cabin and does not charge a corkage fee.

Item #4: If you answered FALSE but still like specialty coffees, frozen drinks without alcohol, etc., consider the Refreshment package.

Item #7: If you are boarding late, then purchasing the package after Day 1 to save a little money.

I scored a 6, but glanced over 1-2 questions that depend on the sailing I am going on

That's encouraging since a score of 5-6 means MAYBE, which seems to be correct in your case.

Version 2.0 will include questioned regarding premium spirits thanks to Scott's input on Facebook and probably something regarding the length of the cruise.

This would probably be easier if I drank more. ;)

I scored a 7, but when I put it in my cruise planner cart, the total amount for two on a 9 nighter still makes me fall over...I also think I would get drink fatigue

I do think the drink package is easier to justify on shorter cruises. I thought of getting there Replenish while it was on sale for a 12 night port intensive itinerary and just couldn't justify there total price.

I scored a 7, but when I put it in my cruise planner cart, the total amount for two on a 9 nighter still makes me fall over...I also think I would get drink fatigue

I agree with what you say...but I had to laugh when I saw your profile picture.  If I had a beer like that every day, I'd have drink fatigue too!!!   :D

P.S.  Thanks DocLC for the GREAT tool!

I scored a 21, how did that happen??? :)

If you answered yes to all, then your score is automatically multiplied by Pi  :lol:

It's a tough pill to swallow, but you have to consider the total cost of drinking a la carte too.  

On the 9-night Navigator of the Seas Royal Caribbean Blog group cruise, 9 x 41 is quite a bit, but that's 4 drinks a day. Pretty confident I can do that just in the evenings.