Deluxe drink package

Hutcherl

Hey folks, it's been a while since I have checked out the forum.  Just booked Oasis, Cape Liberty, 8-5-22 to 8-14so it's time to start planning.  What is the average, going rate for the deluxe nowadays? I'm seeing the deluxe bev package currently $88/day buy one get one 50% off second.  That feels kinda high comparing the pricing pre pandemic.  

5 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

I've seen it as low as $59 plus tip during a sale for my 2022 cruises.  I find I don't need it because Diamond drink coupons are enough, and I can get a coffee card if I want lots of espresso drinks.

I'm Diamond as well so it's nice to know the coupons still exist.  Plus, the non alcoholic  package seems to be priced okay.  If prices never drop, maybe purchase non alcohol bev package to cover all other drinks and use the coupons where we can and just pay for alcohol drinks separately?  I know it all come down to your level of consumption.  But it's fun to be back in the planning phase of cruising again! 

For my odyssey cruise in November I have it for $88 a night and half off the second one. On my odyssey cruise my wife and I just did I was able to get it for $59 a night. I am hoping I can get the drink package cheaper. Unfortunately we are just emerald now. 17 nights away from diamond. One day we will be diamond. One day. Unfortunately also we are not retired and not close to it. 

21 hours ago, Bunji said:

What is the Coffee Card?  I have never heard of it.  Cruising Dec 31.

You can buy it from your cruise planner. You’ll get like a punch card that you can use for all your extra caffeine needs (espresso, cappuccino etc)

D05F0722-1245-4512-B965-2207F1CF253A.jpeg

• August 2021: Booked Anthem for December 2021 sailing
  • September 2021: Purchased DBP in Pre-Cruise Planner for $50/day 
  • October 2021: DBP floated between $50/day and $62/day
  • November 2021: Black Friday Sale had DBP at $50/day, but also had DBP+1 VOOM Surf & Stream for $59/day. Ended up canceling original DBP and buying the DBP+VOOM Bundle. 
  • December 2021: Cruise!

On 12/26/2021 at 9:01 AM, Hutcherl said:

Hey folks, it's been a while since I have checked out the forum.  Just booked Oasis, Cape Liberty, 8-5-22 to 8-14so it's time to start planning.  What is the average, going rate for the deluxe nowadays? I'm seeing the deluxe bev package currently $88/day buy one get one 50% off second.  That feels kinda high comparing the pricing pre pandemic.  

Hey, we'll be on that cruise!! However, by then, 3 of the 4 (in 2 rooms) of us will be Diamond, so won't be getting the DX package.  All currently signed up for the refreshment, and will use the diamond coupons for alcoholic drinks.  

We have liberty in Jan 22 and radiance in alaska in Ausust at 53, but a 3 day on navigator out of LA in march for 63. Shorter cruises seem to have higher numbers. we usually get the internet and DBX because that combo sometimes saves a few bucks a day. All of it worth it in my opinion, we are picky red wine drinkers and for the three day cruise we have adult children and their spouses on my tab so it prevents surprises. It also prevents my wife from adopting random bachelorette parties and me finding 1500 bar tabs the next day and having to have those difficult conversations about philanthropy and tax deductions for donations that she never seems to fully grasp. She's a wonderful woman, I'd hate to have to repeat that experience, unfortunately the IRS doesn't recognize broke bachelorettes as an actual charity.

21 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Hey, we'll be on that cruise!! However, by then, 3 of the 4 (in 2 rooms) of us will be Diamond, so won't be getting the DX package.  All currently signed up for the refreshment, and will use the diamond coupons for alcoholic drinks.  

Sounds like a good plan.  One that I think we will follow if the DX package doesn't come down to a reasonable(to me) price 

21 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

And let's hope that by then the Covid stuff settles a bit and we can take as close to a "normal" cruise as possible