Allure of the New Years Eve (please let me pass the Antigen test) Cruise

Stvr California

• Stvr California changed the title to Allure of the New Years Eve (please let me pass the Antigen test) Cruise
20 hours ago, Stvr California said:

December 30- January 8,  Will we make it?  

4 hours ago, MLH said:

Feeling the same way,  I have 5 twenty something's with my husband and I.  Everyday more and more people I know have tested positive, but havent been near them.  

🙏🤞🍀 to all! Hope you make it and have an amazing time!! Happy New Year!!

442 days ago, when we booked a 2-bedroom suite on the Allure of the seas for a New Year's Eve cruise it seemed a forgone conclusion the Corona virus would be in the rear-view mirror.  Our family of 4 from the central valley of California (We live near the almond farmer but don't know him) would have no worries except if we remembered to pack the sunscreen.  Enter Omicron.

Determined to feel the sweet embrace of the Caribbean Sun in January, we have decided to embrace the chaos and do what it takes to make it to the WindJemmEEEER cafe, also the Filet Mignon at Costal Kitchen on day one. 

Tomorrow morning, we get our antigen tests done to determine our Covid status and assuming we pass next we need two flight crews to transport us first from Sacramento to San Diego and then from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale. 

Four negative Antigen tests means we are cleared to sail!!!!!!  

Even better news is my brand new bright blue Speedo just got dropped off by the FedEx man.  

We are beyond relieved.        About the Covid tests, not the Speedo.

One step at a time though.  We still need to get across the country via two flights.  

17 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I wish you safe and negative travels.

Do you have the 2br GS with the hot tub or without?

We did not splurge for the Hot Tub room, but in a YouTube video of the room i saw it has a big set of binoculars on the balcony😂

We too have been on pins and needles wondering what would come of this cruise. The was a rebook from a March 2020 Covid mass cancel. Traveling with my husband and our two college students. Too hard to find the days everyone is available and when they are out of college with "real" jobs, who knows if we'll be able to go on a trip like this again. So we too are embracing the chaos and will make the best of it. As we've told friends, well, if the islands won't let us dock, it will still be a wonderful 9 day boat ride and if worse comes to worse, we'll being playing euchre (that's a 4 person card game for you all non-Michiganders) in our rooms! We have 2 adjoining junior suites and at least will have a beautiful view! Antigen tests came back negative today and our non-stop flight looks good so far (crossing fingers). Best of luck to everyone getting there safely! This will surely be a much appreciated trip by all of us. Cheers!

Uh...am I reading the cruise itinerary right? If so, looks like they just made a change and we are no longer going to San Juan. St. Maarten for 2 days now. Unless they are moving St. Maarten to day 6 instead of 7 and something else will go on day 7???? Just going with the flow I guess. Par for the course, book excursions, rebook due to cancellations, book again, rebook for cancellations. 

I live my life as a glass half full kind of person,  my wife on the other hand thinks the half empty glass fell off the table and shattered into a million pieces.  She might be right.

Just got a notice my first flight with Alaska Airlines tomorrow morning has been cancelled.  

My agent is on the case. I did book Air to Sea, so let’s see what happens.

“may you live in interesting times” said some jerk 

Air to Sea has come through for us and booked us on a different airline to get to San Diego on time.  Crisis averted and a nice perk by going through the Air to Sea program by Royal Caribbean.  

disclamer:  I am not a paid spokesperson for RCCL or Royal  Caribbean Blog.  Although I would like to be.  

3 hours ago, Stvr California said:

Air to Sea has come through for us and booked us on a different airline to get to San Diego on time.  Crisis averted and a nice perk by going through the Air to Sea program by Royal Caribbean.  

disclamer:  I am not a paid spokesperson for RCCL or Royal  Caribbean Blog.  Although I would like to be.  

Thank you for adding this information.  I was thinking about changing my April flight away from Air2Sea because of a better flight and price but now I am leaving it alone.  Until we are way past Covid I think Air2Sea is a safe way to go.

Wheels up from San Diego.  Looks like we are making into Fort Lauderdale around midnight(too late for the famed La Bamba for us)  We have reservations at the Hampton Airport and Cruise Port Inn.   Hopefully we can sleep fast and wake up refreshed to a sunny Florida morning.  

Originally we had a 10:30am boarding time, but with an extra Covid scrub of the ship ordered, everyone has been told to come two hours later.  Honestly I’m fine with that, gives us some extra time to sleep in and find a couple of bottles of Champagne to carry on board for New Years Eve.  

Boarding was a breeze for us.  If you have someone under twelve in your party you have a special entrance into the terminal.  It is at the very far end of the building as you drive into Pier 19.  

Our ten year old is vaccinated but this is still the procedure,  go to the unvaccinated kids entrance.  After showing the gate agents proof of vaccination for all of us, we made our way through the maze of passports, sea passes etc a couple of times over.  

After about twenty minutes we were invited to come aboard.

Sweet relief