Anyone here do the 11/27 or 12/11 Allure Eastern Caribbean cruise?

AJK

We are on the 1/8 cruise and I am an incessant planner. Does anyone have the 8 day compass? I want to be prepared to book shows as soon as we get on board and want to do the research on what is different from the 7 day cruise. Also, I have been unable to find the MDR menu for the 8th day - can anyone enlighten me?  I am being an optimist that we will sail - we received an email that  our cabin was changed to increase "social distancing" from our preferred location on deck 3 where my husband could use his cane to get to the dining room, to deck 14 where now we have to deal with his wheelchair and elevators. This trip is very important to us as our son died this week and we really want this getaway to help us . He loved cruising and we are fairly new ( only our 3rd cruise). We plan to focus on the wonderful years we had together and toast his memory every day. Life is so short, we want to make the most of it.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:34 PM, AJK said:

We are on the 1/8 cruise and I am an incessant planner. Does anyone have the 8 day compass? I want to be prepared to book shows as soon as we get on board and want to do the research on what is different from the 7 day cruise. Also, I have been unable to find the MDR menu for the 8th day - can anyone enlighten me?  I am being an optimist that we will sail - we received an email that  our cabin was changed to increase "social distancing" from our preferred location on deck 3 where my husband could use his cane to get to the dining room, to deck 14 where now we have to deal with his wheelchair and elevators. This trip is very important to us as our son died this week and we really want this getaway to help us . He loved cruising and we are fairly new ( only our 3rd cruise). We plan to focus on the wonderful years we had together and toast his memory every day. Life is so short, we want to make the most of it.

My heart goes out to you losing your son, losing a child truly changes you forever.  I lost my daughter a few months ago in a school shooting and the grief has been a lot of tears.  I have been longing for my cruise in a couple of months.  Although I can't offer any help with your cruise compass and cruise planning, I can pray for your son's eternal peace.  I'm praying that as your tears flow, you can remember his life and the memories you shared.

ok, the person in our Facebook group took pictures of them and posted it.   I'm about to leave for work, so tonight I'll download them and share them here.    just to be clear you just need the entertainment, or do you want all of it?  *fair warning the pics are not the best and everything isn't very clear, but I think it is enough to see times and entertainment.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:25 AM, need2cruz said:

My heart goes out to you losing your son, losing a child truly changes you forever.  I lost my daughter a few months ago in a school shooting and the grief has been a lot of tears.  I have been longing for my cruise in a couple of months.  Although I can't offer any help with your cruise compass and cruise planning, I can pray for your son's eternal peace.  I'm praying that as your tears flow, you can remember his life and the memories you shared.

1 hour ago, AJK said:

thank you so much, need2cruz. My deepest condolences on the loss of your daughter.  We really want to celebrate this cruise as if he is there with us.

My condolences to each of you - I am so sorry for the loss of your son and daughter. 

I lost my younger brother 4.5 years ago, and while it never really gets easier, it does get easier to navigate and grow around your grief with time. While not a parent myself, I've seen my parents navigate it and I've seen how unimaginably difficult it is and those early days are day by day in navigating those waves of sadness. I wish you both peace and happy remembrance while you sail the seas. The being on the water is truly a place of healing. ❤️ 

52 minutes ago, KLA said:

My condolences to each of you - I am so sorry for the loss of your son and daughter. 

I lost my younger brother 4.5 years ago, and while it never really gets easier, it does get easier to navigate and grow around your grief with time. While not a parent myself, I've seen my parents navigate it and I've seen how unimaginably difficult it is and those early days are day by day in navigating those waves of sadness. I wish you both peace and happy remembrance while you sail the seas. The being on the water is truly a place of healing. ❤️ 

Wow….has it been 4 1/2 years ?  I can’t believe that much time has gone by.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:34 PM, AJK said:

So sorry for your loss.  I love your planned focus of his life and all the memories while trying to move forward.  Also very sorry about your room change!  Perhaps a phone call to Royal?  Stay strong!