Longer wait times for proctored at home test today

Baked Alaska

I think this would not be something they would do.  Each person must have their own account and the proctor carefully watches each person, after scanning QR codes, etc - then they "put you on hold" during the waiting time and when it's over another proctor will come back and interpret your results.  Having more than one person on the same call would make this very confusing.

That being said, people can log on at the same time on different devices and do them with individual proctors on their own accounts and get them all done at the same time.

• Baked Alaska changed the title to Long wait times for proctored at home test today
  • Baked Alaska changed the title to Longer wait times for proctored at home test today

Son just signed up for his proctored at home test. His wait time is given at 50 minutes. Bottom line, don't wait until later in the day. Hope everyone on these boards gets their negative tests and is sailing soon. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Baked Alaska

Has anyone had to help another person (ie, a vaccinated child or teen) with their test?  DD is 31, but disabled, so likely DH will  have to assist her since she cannot do it herself, or even answer for herself (she can speak, but really won't even understand it, so we'll just explain it to her very generally).  Is it difficult to do?  Should I try calling ahead of time? We will be taking the tests in 2 weeks, and ordered them from Optum.

Has anyone used the Managed Profile feature in the NAVICA app for children (instead of creating a separate account)?  I added a couple of my kids and it looks like it will work but just curious if anyone has actually performed a test using a Managed Profile.  I have 6 people to test starting tomorrow and only have 6 kits so can’t make any mistakes. Of course everything being closed tomorrow is what’s worrying me. 

6 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Has anyone had to help another person (ie, a vaccinated child or teen) with their test?  DD is 31, but disabled, so likely DH will  have to assist her since she cannot do it herself, or even answer for herself (she can speak, but really won't even understand it, so we'll just explain it to her very generally).  Is it difficult to do?  Should I try calling ahead of time? We will be taking the tests in 2 weeks, and ordered them from Optum.

I had to assist someone with their test. It wasn't an issue, I repeated and explained what the proctor was saying and letting the person know how to answer. I even helped with opening the package too. 

We have been through 4 proctored tests this year. You definitely need a Navica account for each person and must take the tests separately. The results will be sent to both your Navica App and emailed. Based on early information about the delays in getting to an attendant we wake up early to take the tests. I am up at 4:00am each day for work so it did not bother me but the wife...... At that time we have not had any issues connecting and had someone helping us each time within a minute. Each has been easy and we have the results within minutes after completion. Hope you have as much fun on your cruise as we have and here's to many negative test results. Sailing again in two weeks and cannot wait.

20 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Has anyone had to help another person (ie, a vaccinated child or teen) with their test? 

Currently on Enchantment of the Seas. On Tuesday we did six Binax tests: me, my wife, our three kids (25, 19, and 12), and my mother-in-law (78). My wife was the only one I didn't assist. As long as the person being tested verifies it's their account and the proctor can see everything I don't think it's an issue. Mostly by the end of all those tests I was just tired of hearing the same script every time. No issues with any of the tests. @DunwoodyDad, our 12 year old was on a managed account. 

15 hours ago, _Quinn_ said:

Currently on Enchantment of the Seas. On Tuesday we did six Binax tests: me, my wife, our three kids (25, 19, and 12), and my mother-in-law (78). My wife was the only one I didn't assist. As long as the person being tested verifies it's their account and the proctor can see everything I don't think it's an issue. Mostly by the end of all those tests I was just tired of hearing the same script every time. No issues with any of the tests. @DunwoodyDad, our 12 year old was on a managed account. 

Thanks!  Got through 6 today myself (assisting on all) and totally agree I was really over it by the end.  Just glad to be all negative and set to cruise Monday!

On 12/25/2021 at 7:25 AM, _Quinn_ said:

Unfortunately, we had the opportunity to do this yesterday. Christmas Eve, we found out that 31 year old DD (disabled) was exposed on 12/22 @ her adult day program.  12/27, she started showing mild symptoms -- runny nose, mild cough, lethargy.  Could not find anywhere to test her, but yesterday our tests came from Optum.  We had gotten 3 x 3 packs (9 total) for 4 of us as back up, so decided to test her, and decided to do it as a  proctored test so we would know what to do when it counted for the cruise (in case CVS cancels on us).  

I set up a Navica account for myself, then added her as a managed account.  There's no way she could do it herself, so it had to be that way.  We were seen within a few minutes, and unfortunately, it was positive.  I just don't know how long she will stay positive, so don't know if we can go on our 1/9 cruise as planned.