Cruising in a Week - some questions

Tonylaud2002

We are leaving January 3rd on Brilliance of the Seas.  We have some questions we can't seem to get an answer to from the facebook pages.

1)  Does the ship give you masks, or should we pack a bunch of our own?

2) I have read on some facebook pages that all the ships have not been enforcing the mask wearing as we hoped they would, especially in the buffet area. Will Brilliance of the Sea be enforcing?

3) Is there any way to find out if their freestyle has diet caffeine free coke? We have called and every time they say they have no idea what is on the ship and we need to find out when we get there. However, we wouldn't get a refund on the refreshment package if we get there and they do not.

4) Our flight comes in at 1130 and our check in is at 1:00. We have never had to set a check in time before. Will this be ample time to get there?  What happens if we are late because of flight issues?  
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Happy Holidays!
Anthony

I'll try to answer as much as possible. 

1. I'd pack them but they will provide if you find yourself in a pinch

2. No telling on how close they will watch this.  In my experience on other ships,  the crew tries but is not able to police everything on the ship. Most people wear masks as they should, but crowd the elevator 

3. If the ship has freestyle  (not all do) then it should have diet caffeine free Cokes. 

4. Since I don't know where you are sailing from,  I can't really answer this. That said, if you arrive late but prior to departure,  you will be able to board at some point 

Was on Navigator out of LA 3 weeks ago.

1. They did provide one mask per person in the stateroom when we got there. We had brought our own so never used it, I imagine its possible to get more.

2. Mask wearing was pretty well enforced, but also most people were wearing them anyways.  I accidently forgot to put mine back on when getting up to get more food in the windjammer and was reminded by a worker pretty quickly.

We were on the Independence 2 weekends ago and we had two  RC mask in our room when we got there.  We were in a GS so not sure if that was suite guests or everyone got one.  We didn't see many of the RC mask around the ship so I don't know it people might have been saving them for souvenirs.  They came in a thin sealed plastic package and I ripped mine open before I realized what it was.  

I saw only one time the mask wearing was enforced.  It was at the blackjack table but other than that everyone seemed to be wearing their mask.

Not sure about the coke thingie

We live in Fl so we drive to the port.  Stay at the Hampton Inn close by and left the hotel about 10am for a 1130 ck in time.  We used the parking garage for the first time ever and it was pretty simple.  Dropped off luggage at the parking garage, parked and was in the waiting area 15 minutes later.  On the ship by 1115.

We have been on 2 cruises since the restart of cruising both Freedom of the seas.

Concerning mask wearing most people were adhering to the ships policy. every now and then we saw somebody without a mask no biggie.

Guest services all ways gave us a mask when we asked.

Do not worry to much about your check in time. Get there as soon as you can I guarantee you will board the ship.

Have a great cruise!

3 hours ago, atseau said:

Do not worry to much about your check in time. Get there as soon as you can I guarantee you will board the ship.

Please don't follow this advice. Unless you want to be waiting for hours in questionable weather. RCG has been sending out email advising people to arrive at their schedule check-in time. Granted one or two ports will put you in a line if you show up early but most will not.

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Please don't follow this advice. Unless you want to be waiting for hours in questionable weather. RCG has been sending out email advising people to arrive at their schedule check-in time. Granted one or two ports will put you in a line if you show up early but most will not.

The Advice was to get there as fast as possible but don't freak out if you can't. What else can you do?

4 hours ago, atseau said:

The Advice was to get there as fast as possible but don't freak out if you can't. What else can you do?

I merely meant telling people to not worry about check-in time and get there as fast as possible is bad advice during this time. They are enforcing the check-in times, so people don't crowd the terminals.

You can bring a 12 pack, per stateroom, of 17 oz. sodas on board. In reality, my wife and I could have each brought on a 12 pack. They are not really enforcing the 12 pack rule in the 2 Ports we have used lately. We are on the BOTS also for a B2B starting 3 Jan. Hope to see you there.

BTW - flying in just hours before a cruise is very brave. Our last flight into Tampa was delayed 36 hours on the way back from Seattle. Yesterday, they cancelled a slew of flights.  Good Luck!

On 12/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, Tonylaud2002 said:
We are leaving January 3rd on Brilliance of the Seas.  We have some questions we can't seem to get an answer to from the facebook pages.

1)  Does the ship give you masks, or should we pack a bunch of our own?

2) I have read on some facebook pages that all the ships have not been enforcing the mask wearing as we hoped they would, especially in the buffet area. Will Brilliance of the Sea be enforcing?

3) Is there any way to find out if their freestyle has diet caffeine free coke? We have called and every time they say they have no idea what is on the ship and we need to find out when we get there. However, we wouldn't get a refund on the refreshment package if we get there and they do not.

4) Our flight comes in at 1130 and our check in is at 1:00. We have never had to set a check in time before. Will this be ample time to get there?  What happens if we are late because of flight issues?  
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Happy Holidays!
Anthony

Was on Allure a few weeks ago:

1.  Ship gives you 1 mask per person in state room. Bring LOTS. You will be constantly loosing and will need more than just a few. If you get in a bind and forget your mask in your room, you can ask crew and they will get you one. 

2. They enforce ALL the time. And although it stunk having to have someone constantly reminding you, I feel bad for the staff having to do this. They are all so nice and you can tell they don't like telling people to mask up. 

3. We left out of FLL Port Everglades. We were 11 miles from the port and we had plenty of time to make it to the port and we left an hour before our check in time. I got there at 10:30am and they let us board right away and our check in time was at 11am. It literally took us 10 min from start to finish. Very smooth

Enjoy!

3 hours ago, Jennifer Burke said:

1.  Ship gives you 1 mask per person in state room. Bring LOTS. You will be constantly loosing and will need more than just a few. If you get in a bind and forget your mask in your room, you can ask crew and they will get you one. 

Honestly, I've never lost a mask in the last 18 months.  That being said, I always bring plenty so that I'm not wearing a dirty mask after a couple of days.

We're on the Jan 3 Brilliance cruise, too. In the RCL app, we've done pre-cruise check in. One of the items is selecting your arrival time. For us the options were 1:00, 1:30, and 2:00. Maybe you can move your check-in a little later.

We're arriving in Tampa the day before the cruise just to be safe. Midwest flights in the winter are very unpredictable.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:18 AM, Swar said:

You can bring a 12 pack, per stateroom, of 17 oz. sodas on board. In reality, my wife and I could have each brought on a 12 pack. They are not really enforcing the 12 pack rule in the 2 Ports we have used lately. We are on the BOTS also for a B2B starting 3 Jan. Hope to see you there.

BTW - flying in just hours before a cruise is very brave. Our last flight into Tampa was delayed 36 hours on the way back from Seattle. Yesterday, they cancelled a slew of flights.  Good Luck!

Is it always ok to bring a 12 pack on a cruise, or just nowadays?