Drink Package Sale Again

marti314

I was able to rebook Giovanni's Table for my Nov cruise, dropped from $70 to $48 for the two of us.  For our April Rhapsody cruise Giovanni's went from $50 to $40.  Saved me $32, which I immediately put towards the Surf and Stream internet package which was also on sale, down from $11.99/day (IIRC) to $8.99.

It's not much, but it beats a poke in the eye with a stick, as my dad would say.

Your mileage may vary -- They have a certain "inventory" of sale priced specialty restaurant spots. For my Liberty sailing on 12/26/16, it's sold out. No specialty restaurant discounts to be had. But we had already booked our specialty dining, and it's not particularly more expensive without the discount. UNDER SIXTY DAYS!

Can anyone help me here? I purchased a drinks package on my last cruise (10 days) but will be travelling on Explorer of the Seas Sydney to Seattle (24 nights). A full drinks package will cost more than the fare. I can't work out why offering 40% discount on bottles of wine would be appealing to some one who has the drinks package. Why wouldn't you just order by the glass which is included? I don't want to be one of those that share a package as it just isn't ethical but is it permissible to buy a drinks package for myself and buy discounted bottles of wine for my wife?

Can anyone help me here? I purchased a drinks package on my last cruise (10 days) but will be travelling on Explorer of the Seas Sydney to Seattle (24 nights). A full drinks package will cost more than the fare. I can't work out why offering 40% discount on bottles of wine would be appealing to some one who has the drinks package. Why wouldn't you just order by the glass which is included? I don't want to be one of those that share a package as it just isn't ethical but is it permissible to buy a drinks package for myself and buy discounted bottles of wine for my wife?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it as I consider bottles of wine as something that is meant to be shared.

I can't work out why offering 40% discount on bottles of wine would be appealing to some one who has the drinks package. Why wouldn't you just order by the glass which is included?

This same thought occurred to me and the conclusion I arrived at was that you would do it if you want a particular bottle from the wine list that is not available by the glass through the package. Think wine connoisseurs that are happy to pay $100+ for that certain Bordeaux from that certain year.

As you suggest, sharing wine with other people at the table who don't have a package would be another reason.