Received the announcement to arrive 1 hour later

TBruce77

We just got a notice, our arrival was 1:30 to 2 and now they are saying arrive 1 hour late, to avoid crowding and allow time for on-board cleaning in between guests.

Can anyone suggest what to do, can we still arrive at the port and hang out in the area, are there places to sit/eat/etc? Our flight is expected to arrive around 10, grab luggage, get a cab etc, probably out by 11, it's 1hr ride so we'd be there around 12. It's too short to go somewhere else plus we'll have our luggage, can't go to NASA or something to kill time.

What do other cruiser do in between airport and embarkation.

I assume best way to get to port is by cab, right to Terminal 1?

Departing from Port Canaveral on Independence of the Seas 12/24

12 minutes ago, TBruce77 said:

We just got a notice, our arrival was 1:30 to 2 and now they are saying arrive 1 hour late, to avoid crowding and allow time for on-board cleaning in between guests.

Can anyone suggest what to do, can we still arrive at the port and hang out in the area, are there places to sit/eat/etc? Our flight is expected to arrive around 10, grab luggage, get a cab etc, probably out by 11, it's 1hr ride so we'd be there around 12. It's too short to go somewhere else plus we'll have our luggage, can't go to NASA or something to kill time.

I’m assuming you are going to Port Canaveral, via MCO, since you mentioned NASA.  They really do enforce the times, so if I were you I’d wait at MCO and grab a snack or browse the stores outside security after getting your bags and then get the cab for the ride to the port. No sense waiting outside in the elements when you can take your time at the airport before the cab/Lyft/Uber.

It’s such a short amount of time, it may not matter if your flight(s) have any type of delay.  

1 hour ago, TBruce77 said:

What sailing are you on?

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

There is The Cove at Port Canaveral which has restaurants so you could drop off your luggage with the porters at the terminal and walk over there to kill time.

I hope they don’t do in Canaveral what they did in Tampa.  They wouldn’t let be drop off my luggage until it was my check-in time

58 minutes ago, TBruce77 said:

Hi MLH, Sorry I didn't realize I forgot to add it. I edited my first post, I am leaving on Independence of the Seas tomorrow. I guess my new check-in is 2:30-3:00pm now. I don't see option to change that once confirmed, right? 

We are out of Canaveral as well onJan 2, so I am expecting the same notification. Enjoy your cruise.

They were not turning anyone away and it's better to get there because if you have unvaccinated kids, you may waot up to 40 minutes or more for results anyway. It was almost 3:30 by the time we got on the ship.

I wish I knew the 14 days rule, would have vaccinated him sooner. But here we are and it was lots of fun, thank you RC.