Cruise with confidence except if non refundable deposit?

Pattycruise

You seem to be reading it wrong. You can get a NRD deposit back in the form of FCC with CWC up until 48hrs of the sailing as long as it was booked before 1/31/22 and sails before 5/31/22. With a refundable deposit you are at the mercy of the payment schedule.... but if you cruise before May, then FP is at 30 days so you would get full refund of monies paid. Now if you are cancelling because of protocols YMMV.

If you are under 30 days, you clearly meet the eligibility requirements for CWC that are given in the first half of that answer.  It says the NRD bookings follow the same guidelines, so what are those guidelines?

The second half that you highlighted is about changing ship/date so I don't see how that's relevant to your question.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I’m within 30 days of my cruise.

It appears I lose my deposit if I cancel under cruise with confidence.  Am I correct or reading it wrong?  Has anyone cancelled under CWC within 30 days and if so, what was your experience?

Thank you

1D2D6531-8C4A-473A-BF3F-33CDD3E9CCE7.jpeg

this would be a great question for a good travel agent.  If you’re not using one, I’d consider it for future bookings.

I have canceled for a family member under the CWC program. They were issued a future cruise credit. However, in my relative's situation they canceled about more than 30 days before. So they only received their deposit as a future cruise credit. The other caveat was that they did not get their FCC till after the cruise was over. With that in mind please know that RCL will be slow on getting you the FCC. 

On 12/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, IzzyB said:

i just cancelled today and they said I would need to take FCC and I said I wanted cash and they said OK, we will send it to that department and you will receive your refund in 30 to 60 days.

I cancelled a cruise on October 23, and today it's been 9 weeks x 7 days = 63 days without FCCs in hand. Meanwhile, the cruise I want to book is selling out. I will not rebook until I have FCC numbers, amounts and expiration dates.

18 minutes ago, Abracadebra said:

I cancelled a cruise on October 23, and today it's been 9 weeks x 7 days = 63 days without FCCs in hand. Meanwhile, the cruise I want to book is selling out. I will not rebook until I have FCC numbers, amounts and expiration dates.

Call Royal.  Ask for a hold until FCC issued.  Locks in the price and cabin.