Covid Test Harder To Get/Come-By

The Walgreens that we use (about 30 miles from us), let all customers know that they will have no tests for the rest of the year and well into January that are monitored.  They get in self tests weekly and that really is not helpful for travel and the home tests are now very limited.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/supply-chain/us-faces-pressure-to-keep-up-with-heightened-covid-19-test-demand.html?origin=BHRE&utm_source=BHRE&utm_medium=email&utm_content=newsletter&oly_enc_id=3025D9657890H1H

Or:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/21/walgreens-limits-at-home-covid-tests-to-four-per-customer-due-to-demand-surge-amid-omicron-fears.html

I also read on another discussion that eMed is having delays, it is getting harder to find/get tested with paying a lot of money and even some of them are running low on supplies.  Not sure how this is going to mess up travels or even cruising down the road.

2 hours ago, not easy being green said:

The Walgreens that we use (about 30 miles from us), let all customers know that they will have no tests for the rest of the year and well into January that are monitored.  They get in self tests weekly and that really is not helpful for travel and the home tests are now very limited.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/supply-chain/us-faces-pressure-to-keep-up-with-heightened-covid-19-test-demand.html?origin=BHRE&utm_source=BHRE&utm_medium=email&utm_content=newsletter&oly_enc_id=3025D9657890H1H

Or:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/21/walgreens-limits-at-home-covid-tests-to-four-per-customer-due-to-demand-surge-amid-omicron-fears.html

I also read on another discussion that eMed is having delays, it is getting harder to find/get tested with paying a lot of money and even some of them are running low on supplies.  Not sure how this is going to mess up travels or even cruising down the road.

Doubt it will be a problem.  Emed is just delayed because of Holiday shipping.  It’s natural to see more demand with the spike of Covid cases, but manufacturers will respond bc of the big money involved.

As someone who works in the Medical Device Industry that manufactures In Vitro Diagnostics tests, I can tell you that this sector has been hit hard by supply chain issues. I am sure that Abbott which manufactures Binaxnow the quick test sold in many pharmacies is being hit with these supply chain issues. One major issue that is not being talked about in the news at all is the supply chain constraints on disposable sterile plastics. This has greatly impacted the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. These issues continue to have downstream affects such as backorders on finished products.  

On 12/21/2021 at 9:06 PM, not easy being green said:

I started that post. eMed simply let me know a few hours after I ordered that they are experiencing shipping delays of up to 4 days due to capacity issues at FedEx because of the holidays.

Since the usual ship time for the tests is one day/overnight, I just wanted to make anyone that needs tests very soon should take this into consideration.

FWIW: I just received my 6-pack of tests from eMed this morning (Thursday, December 23, 11:00am). I ordered the tests on Monday (December 20, 11:03am)

So it took about 72 hours exactly to receive them. Your results may vary.

P.S. With the production of new tests (at one time these had been all but discontinued) the current tests going out expire in November of 2022 based on what I've and other RCB members have recently received. 

1 hour ago, SPS said:

I started that post. eMed simply let me know a few hours after I ordered that they are experiencing shipping delays of up to 4 days due to capacity issues at FedEx because of the holidays.

Since the usual ship time for the tests is one day/overnight, I just wanted to make anyone that needs tests very soon should take this into consideration.

FWIW: I just received my 6-pack of tests from eMed this morning (Thursday, December 23, 11:00am). I ordered the tests on Monday (December 20, 11:03am)

So it took about 72 hours exactly to receive them. Your results may vary.

P.S. With the production of new tests (at one time these had been all but discontinued) the current tests going out expire in November of 2022 based on what I've and other RCB members have recently received. 

I also ordered mine Mon but at 1:20pm.  Got an email yesterday afternoon (Wed) that my shipment was never picked up by the courier (FedEx) and they were reprinting the label for shipment.  Still haven't received the new shipment info (Thurs).  Luckily my next cruise isn't until Jan 2nd so I still have a little more than a week to receive them.

image.png.5274d59a5641c69f2b4931294d8ed538.png

5 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

I also ordered mine Mon but at 1:20pm.  Got an email yesterday afternoon (Wed) that my shipment was never picked up by the courier (FedEx) and they were reprinting the label for shipment.  Still haven't received the new shipment info (Thurs).  Luckily my next cruise isn't until Jan 2nd so I still have a little more than a week to receive them.

image.png.5274d59a5641c69f2b4931294d8ed538.png

One thing I forgot to add: I did NOT receive any tracking info. They just simply showed up this morning.

Luckily, I'm working from home this week and saw an unexpected FedEx van pull into my driveway. It's in the 20s here temp-wise and certainly didn't want the tests to possibly get damaged (the testing fluid, in  particular) by the cold and be rendered useless.

I got notified that my tests were delivered by FedEx, I was watching carefully because of the cold weather. Never saw them, they dropped them off at the end of my driveway, 300ft long. I was not pleased and hope they weren't damaged. Won't know until we use them in a couple weeks.

I had my CVS antigen test which I had booked 2 months prior, canceled the saturday before my Monday cruise. Luckily I was able to find another but had to pay $120 for it.

I didn't know about the at home ones which RC offers, and would do that had I known. If I go on another cruise when covid protocols are still in place, I will definitely be doing the at home one.