Miami Port Terminal A - Any Waiting Area Outside?

Tony Alenmo

We will be sailing next Monday from the Miami cruise port. The flight arrives really early in the morning, and we have several hours to kill. Obviously with the current COVID spike my family is hoping to stay outside to chill as much as possible before heading into the building and check-in. My experience with NCL's terminal B was that seats outside are very limited. I don't have any experience with the new RCL terminal and wonder if there are any benches outside that I can just sit for a bit before I go in? Or can I even just lay a blanket and sit on the grass around the building? Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the responses. Yes I am talking about pre-10 arrival. That’s tough. I have a child and an elder in our group. Let me ask this then, what are the chances that the staff will let us check in a bit earlier? I have heard that different port, or perhaps different staff, may react differently to any early check-in. I want to try to adhere to my 1pm checkin time, but it will be a big relief if they can do a favor? 

Terminal A in Miami uses line queues set up for the different time slots.  Once they have the lines set up there's no reason that you can't get in the corral for the 1pm timeslot. 

I mentioned pre 10am because too much earlier than that they may not have the porters ready to take incoming passenger bags yet.