FYI: eMed Test Kits Experiencing Shipping Delays

SPS

Home test kits from eMed are currently experiencing shipping delays due to the holidays and limited capacities with FedEx. (Could increased demand also be a factor?) So, you may want to keep this in mind if you need test kits soon.

8F6B1BC6-AC8A-4FEF-824B-A4F3C92758B1.jpeg

Edited by SPS
Update to title

4 minutes ago, SPS said:

Home test kits from eMed are currently experiencing shipping delays due to the holidays and limited capacities with FedEx. (Could increased demand also be a factor?) So, you may want to keep this in mind if you need test kits soon.

8F6B1BC6-AC8A-4FEF-824B-A4F3C92758B1.jpeg

Thanks for sharing!  This will help those of us who may need to order in the next few weeks and allow for planning.

• SPS changed the title to FYI: eMed Test Kits Experiencing Shipping Delays

OP were reporting 10/22 experatian date begening to show up on tests ordered thought RCI , so ordered ours for February cruise yesterday ,even with  holiday delays they should still arrive in plenty of stress free time 🙃 

and YES I am that person. 🤣 text conversation with Granddaughter this weekend

" grandma , i can't believe it 60 days to cruise !!! "

" I know , are you packed yet ? don't laugh some of us might be "

"Hahahaha It's had not to laugh at you <3"

" you laugh now , but just wait , it wont be so funny when your sitting by the pool in a sweatshirt and I'm in a swimsuit !"

I'll never tell her that some of the stuff has been in the suitcase since I switched out summer for winter clothes 😊

9 minutes ago, TravisMA81 said:

I ordered mine last week.  They expire Nov 2022.

WOW! Almost a full year. I ordered a six pack yesterday. If we don't have any defective kits or need to retest, this means we'll have kits leftover for our August cruise! 

Last I had seen, the website stated that "currently available kits" expire in early February, which was fine since we'll need to test on January 27th or 28th.

12 minutes ago, oufpat said:

Just want to make sure I'm ordering the correct test, are the emed tests that cost $150 a 6 pack the correct ones?

Yes. These are the tests that are proctored online through a video call.

ICYDK, It has been advised that you have at least two tests per traveler in case there is a problem with the test itself or you encounter a problem while testing (improper application, dropping swab on the floor, etc.).

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I didn't think they made any with that far of an expiration date.

This is the sticker on the box.  I assume the 2022-11-20 is the exp date.  I could be wrong.  Also, the box design is a little different from other box pictures for the same test.  That kind of scared me when I got it but they are the correct test.

20211221_092704-1.jpg

I ordered mine last week, as I was nervous a bout a 12/31 and 1/1 test date for our group of 7.  I bit the bullet and spent the 200.00 .  Recieved them yesterday so I must have gotten them ordered just in time.  Turns out CVS will be closed on those days and stopped by Walgreens and they said they would be closed as well.  There are a few more testing sites in ATL, so I wil try those and use the binax as back up. 

1 hour ago, TravisMA81 said:

This is the sticker on the box.  I assume the 2022-11-20 is the exp date.  I could be wrong.  Also, the box design is a little different from other box pictures for the same test.  That kind of scared me when I got it but they are the correct test.

20211221_092704-1.jpg

Yes, that is the expiration date (the little hourglass is the clue).   The other date is the manufacturing date, so they must be able to give ~ 11.5 months out

6 hours ago, TravisMA81 said:

I ordered mine last week.  They expire Nov 2022.  I'm glad I got them before this latest freak out.

I'm curious -- has anyone had a problem ordering the 6 pack for 4 people?? I went online to look @ it, and it only lets me put in 3 names for a 6 pack.  I was going to order 2 anyway (we have a cruise in August also, but right now I'm concerned about Jan 9), but apparently you can only order 1 @ a time.  Could always order & send it to someone else's address, but not sure what to do.

13 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

I'm curious -- has anyone had a problem ordering the 6 pack for 4 people??

If you look at the entry box, you'll notice that only the top name line requires an entry. (Denoted by a red asterisk). My name is the only name I listed for the 6-pack and ordering was not a problem. See below. You'll receive a notification that your order requires a prescription and must be reviewed by the medical staff at eMed. The prescription was approved in less that 15 minutes. (notification via email)

image.png.b0c8abba1cf4525854cddfb27735ea8c.png

4 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

I'm curious -- has anyone had a problem ordering the 6 pack for 4 people?? I went online to look @ it, and it only lets me put in 3 names for a 6 pack.  I was going to order 2 anyway (we have a cruise in August also, but right now I'm concerned about Jan 9), but apparently you can only order 1 @ a time.  Could always order & send it to someone else's address, but not sure what to do.

I only put in one name and both of us used the kits sucessfully

On 12/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, SPS said:

If you look at the entry box, you'll notice that only the top name line requires an entry. (Denoted by a red asterisk). My name is the only name I listed for the 6-pack and ordering was not a problem. See below. You'll receive a notification that your order requires a prescription and must be reviewed by the medical staff at eMed. The prescription was approved in less that 15 minutes. (notification via email)

image.png.b0c8abba1cf4525854cddfb27735ea8c.png

So, DH & I decided to order -- I went all the way through to filling out my name & address, & I got a pop up stating that they didn't ship near my address (or something like that), which is puzzling, as it is the single family home (street address, not a po box) that we have lived in for almost 32 years, in NJ.  Any idea what's up with that?

13 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

So, DH & I decided to order -- I went all the way through to filling out my name & address, & I got a pop up stating that they didn't ship near my address (or something like that), which is puzzling, as it is the single family home (street address, not a po box) that we have lived in for almost 32 years, in NJ.  Any idea what's up with that?

I wish I could help more, but I don't know what's up with that.

WhatsUpWithThat.gif

UPDATE:

I just received my 6 pack of tests from eMed this morning (Thursday 12/23) at about 11:00.

I ordered them on Monday, 12/20 at 11:03 (according to the time stamp on the order email)

So it was almost exactly 72 hours from the time I ordered to receiving the tests. (Your own results may vary)

I was also glad to see that the tests I received have an expiration date of 11-06-2022. This means I should not have to purchase any additional tests for our Alaskan cruise in August.

I was disappointed that no shipping notification was sent out. Living in a colder climate, I didn't want to risk the tests getting damaged by the cold weather and rendering them useless. Luckily, I am working from home this week and saw an unexpected FedEx van stopping by.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered 6 kits on 2/27/22 (the only buying option), paid over $17 for Fed Ex overnight shipping (only shipping option), 3 days later hasn't shipped and when I call they tell me they're having delays.  NO KIDDING??  How about a little communication that there's a supply problem?  I ordered some from Optum in Jan and got them the next day but these were a better price....it doesn't matter if they're free if you don't get them.  Insurance will be reimbursing me IF I get them so I guess I'll just wait.  It's a good thing I didn't wait until the last minute. 

45 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

we have 4 people on our cruise,June 18th,.If I order the 6th pack,can I use only one package for our group?

Yes doesn't matter what or how many names you list on order.  Once they arrive anyone can use them.