Post COVID Royal Up win question

Qeytondude

3 days for us . 9/26/21 Allure cruise. Junior suite to one bedroom aqua theater suite.  Didn’t tell the wife until we were at the door of the suite. To say the least she was quite pleased.  Warning :  Current cheap upgrades may be harmful to your wallet when/if things get back to normal and your spouse acquires a taste for deluxe rooms !

17 minutes ago, l9dance said:

I am still waiting on my royalup for the 12/31 Symphony sailing, all are showing expired except for the grand suite which says pending and cannot be modified. Keeping my fingers crossed! Is this a positive sign?

What room are you currently booked in?  I can’t answer your question but wishing you good luck…I think it sounds promising!

29 minutes ago, l9dance said:

I am currently in an ocean view balcony and thank you!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

One question…did you bid a lot higher than the minimum?  I ask because I am currently bidding (first time ever to do so) for my March sailing and am also booked in an ocean view balcony.  I placed bids on JS, GS, and GS w/ large balcony.  Naturally it is way too soon to see if any will work but just curious on how you handled this.  Thank you

1 hour ago, Bobcatdan89 said:

I am going on Jewel of the Seas on February 6th. The minimum bid for Grand suite was $100 and for the Junior Suite was $50. I was surprised how low they were. With the minimum bids so low, is this any indication that I I do not need to bid as high? 

Suites are selling well right now so there may be no actual suites to RoyalUp into unless someone cancels. Bidding windows are driven by other people bidding I think.  A low entry bid could mean few have submitted a bid yet.  Honestly none of us know how the external vendor, "PlusGrade" has the algorithms set.  

Glad you got the upgrade!

One note I'd like to make for others considering Royal Up right now is to look at what it will cost you to just upgrade your room immediately without having to bid. For us, the minimum bid for a balcony room was $100/pp when upgrading from an interior guarantee. We were able to upgrade to a balcony room without bidding for $104/pp. $8 difference and knowing we definitely had the upgraded room was a no brainer for us. We also ended up getting 1688 on Adventure which was awesome and definitely made the upgrade worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

We sail on 1/24 - Freedom.  We put bids on all 5 upgrades from Jr Suite up to Royal Suite.  We looked today and all say expired except the Owners suite which says pending and we can’t modify anything at all.  We can’t even re-bid on the expired rooms. No emails yet from RC and our card hasn’t been charged anything additional. 

After reading these, I’m hoping that’s a good sign??! 🙏🏼 I seriously feel like a kid in a candy store with this cruise coming up!!!

This will be our first cruise!!  We currently have a balcony room. 

7 minutes ago, CrusoeFam said:

We sail on 1/24 - Freedom.  We put bids on all 5 upgrades from Jr Suite up to Royal Suite.  We looked today and all say expired except the Owners suite which says pending and we can’t modify anything at all.  We can’t even re-bid on the expired rooms. No emails yet from RC and our card hasn’t been charged anything additional. 

After reading these, I’m hoping that’s a good sign??! 🙏🏼 I seriously feel like a kid in a candy store with this cruise coming up!!!

This will be our first cruise!!  We currently have a balcony room. 

Good luck!!!!