Covid surge … Do you think RC will cancel upcoming cruises?

AAD

29 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@James Mills thanks for the insight and kind sentiment. It feels like a lot of first time cruisers for some reason. We were approached by a Ships Officer (lots of security today out and about) thanking us for properly wearing our masks on deck 5 while browsing the shopping area with our new found OBC! We are trying to do everything, from I fly to the jumpy thing. Warning: there are scales before participation!! Holy What??? 

So ordering up a crane to get my butt off in Ft Lauderdale with all these sea days, until Sunday 😉

As someone who rarely gets off the ship in the Caribbean, this change wouldn't bother me at all. Except that no one can get off the ship, and I need you all to leave the ship in the Caribbean so I can have the hot tubs to myself!!!

@Garebear very fair question. They just canceled the Effectors show now. So no Show Girls or this show. Not surprising as the cast I believe do multiple shows. Not a complaint just a statement of fact. 

So after the initial last minute mask change and knowing everything I know now I would have canceled. I believe in my heart it would and still doesn't at this time be a fiscally intelligent decision. The price I paid even with the compensation was on the high side, but I was euphoric to sail. 

That being said the compensation given I feel is very fair, but this ship is just too crowded coupled with the canceled shows and limited capacity inside venues to include Windjammer making it pretty miserable at times. 

We are choosing opposite of miserable BUT once in a while it is hard. The pool/solarium/suite areas are just bodies its not enjoyable. 

Please know this is my experience to share, I want to be helpful to others, I am not complaining, again I am blessed to be in a 2 bedroom grand with my family safe and healthy. But I thought it would be about 65% capacity I feel like I'm in a sardine can. 

Again Royal on board crew are working their butts off and we still aren't home where I am chief cook and bottle washer!!!

Oh the suite concierge, never to be seen again.....

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

As someone who rarely gets off the ship in the Caribbean, this change wouldn't bother me at all. Except that no one can get off the ship, and I need you all to leave the ship in the Caribbean so I can have the hot tubs to myself!!!

That was a big highlight for us a few weeks ago too, at  Coco Cay we felt like we had a pretty private ship to ourselves!

2 hours ago, KyleW22 said:

I have had a different experience than others sailing right now on Adventure. The line to get into Windjammer does get a little busy but it moves quick. Easy to find chairs on the upper deck (not right by the pool, which is fine) that overlook the pool.

My biggest complaint is it seems the ship shuts down around 10:30 pm. The ship is like a ghost town after that with just a few people at each bar. Of course places are still open, but everyone is in their rooms instead. Likely due to the mask mandate of wearing it at all times inside, at least that is my guess. I wish they’d keep the pool bars open later during the indoor mask mandate.  

I have taken two cruises since the restart (Indy and Adventure) and though the ship was not as crowded as what is being described now, people were not very social, especially Indy, and on both ships, after 10:30 you saw very few people.

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

I have taken two cruises since the restart (Indy and Adventure) and though the ship was not as crowded as what is being described now, people were not very social, especially Indy, and on both ships, after 10:30 you saw very few people.

We were on the Mariner b2b early December. The second week was very different than the first week. It was very social till late at night since there was a lot of college students on board. The capacity was up by more than 500 and it felt very different. More people unmasked and more people packing into elevators and alot of partying. 

9 hours ago, ShineyThings said:

I second Garebear's question. I'm a solo cruiser, going on Symphony OTS on January 8th. My biggest concern is getting on the ship and there are no shows, no ports and no one to talk to. Anyone have a opinion on whether you would go anyway? I really look forward to getting away and being on the sea.

When I sailed Oasis in Sept/October there were no solo/single gatherings scheduled in the cruise compass. (But there were LGBTQ and Bill W.  The cruise director said solo was removed to prevent hooking up.  🙄 

November on Anthem they had scheduled single/solo time daily.

the best thing is to find (or create) a Facebook group for your sailing and then make an event for people to get together.  First day/sail away time is generally good.  Great way to meet people. You could also try a pub crawl event:around noon on day 2….

23 hours ago, Sharla said:

I don't think Royal will cancel anything unless the CDC makes them. 

And if they do you will know because I'll just be at my desk crying forever. I can't deal with FCCs anymore 😉

I can understand that! I’ve made it a point to NOT accept any FCC’s due to RCCl inability to issue correct amounts, tracking and distribution of credit amounts (They (RC) spread out on previous FCC into 3 separate cruise, which the original amount could have been used on 1 sailing. 🤦‍♂️ Needless to say TA wasn’t happy with that process, which I couldn’t blame him.