Grandeur Of The Seas

Ed MacLean

It is mostly a guess but my expectation is that cruises will not be cancelled. I think that most policy maker recognize that variants will likely continue and that we cannot sustain continued lockdowns type policies as this is creating other long term issues. I think the focus will be on how to provide care for those that get sick and to also support the routine care that is also needed. 

Going on a cruise is a personal choice where travelers can evaluate their own risks and decide for themselves if they want to go. The refund/cancellation policies are making this decision easier. I hope that policy makers leave the travel industry alone.

Lastly the speed of transmission for the Omicron variant seems to be so fast and there is so much travel with the holidays that is seems like there will be no one left to infect in a few weeks. It seems like it is impossible to avoid exposure right now so you will either get it or for some reason you have enough immunity to resist it. Either way it seems likely that the numbers will go down during the month of January.

• Matt locked this topic