Sold out for weeks but now soooo many cabins availible?

wjackson2289

Hey guys first time cruiser here.

we are booked on allure 30th holiday cruise, hopefully it still sails, the covid situation is scaring us a bit 😄

we monitor our cruise alot since we booked it, and about 4 weeks ago it was fully sold out, it stayed that way until this week where 12 days prior to sailing so many cabins have opened up for sale. interior,ocean view and balconys.

Any idea why this might be?
if this isnt a normal thing to happen about 2 weeks prior to the cruise, i was wondering if theese would be the reason:
- RCB inreasing the amount of people allowed on board and trying to get more peeps on the ship
- Mass cancellations because of the new mask mandate?
- Mass cancellations because of the current covid situation ramping up again?

thankyou for your insights 😄 

No insights, just wild guesses 🙂
- RCB inreasing the amount of people allowed on board and trying to get more peeps on the ship.
Most likely the case.
- Mass cancellations because of the new mask mandate?
Nope, the cabins opened up before the mask mandate was made public.
- Mass cancellations because of the current covid situation ramping up again?
Also unlikely, cruisers are desperate to go. So individual cancellations: probably, also because of the itinerary changes. But no mass cancellations. 

I did a quick math a few weeks back and counted the open cabins, they had only added about 120 cabins, so we are talking about potentially 250 - 280 people more.

Markus

Could be the Canadian effect.

That government has all but banned people from leaving the country and I imagine there have been quite a number of cancellations resulting.  

There are many holiday sailings that are still sold out.  When I look at Allure on 12/30 the cabins that available are here and there, generally one cabin from one area then another cabin somewhere else.  

When they increased capacity in September they opened sections of the ship.  It was all the cabins in an area like deck 9 starboard forward.  Twelve or more cabins in a row then again on another deck.  I'm not seeing that pattern right now.  

I've been tracking our sailing (12/27 on Freedom) and there hasn't been much movement, at least as of yet. There was 1 room available as of yesterday and there's 1 more today.

Under the circumstances, I definitely don't think they're increasing capacity at the last minute. This is very likely cancellations. 

I wonder if they may even do the opposite. Not refill cancelled bookings to pull back on the capacity.