Check In Time ??

rjac

2 hours ago, Scott Cooper said:

If my scheduled check in time at the port is 2pm and we arrive at noon or 1pm are they flexible like it used to be or are these times pretty strict now?ย 

They are more closely adhering to the times. Different ports handle it differently. Some are using different line corrals for the different time periods. Other ports won't even allow you to enter a line until your boarding time.ย 

20 hours ago, Scott Cooper said:

If my scheduled check in time at the port is 2pm and we arrive at noon or 1pm are they flexible like it used to be or are these times pretty strict now?ย 

I was turned away yesterday (12/20) at the Port of Tampa because it wasn't my check-in time yet. ย I wasn't even going to check-in, I was just going to drop off my luggage. ย So yeah, at least in Tampa (or at least for that guard on duty), they are strict about check-in times.

In Port Canaveral (Sept), ย Miami and Lauderdale (Oct-Nov), I was able to check in more than two hours ahead of my check-in time.

I just happened to wake up at 12:38am the day check-in was scheduled to open up. (December 15)

I got up, grabbed the earliest available arrival time (12:00-12:30) and completed the rest of our check-in when I got up in the morning.

The one downside? The excitement of finally being checked in for a cruise made it tough to get back to sleep!ย ๐Ÿ˜†

On 12/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, Scott Cooper said:

You want to arrive as close as possible to 2 pm.ย  Too early and you will be turned away, come late and you shouldn't have an issue.ย  Just don't miss the boat!

• 3 weeks later...

Upcoming sailing on Adventure of the Seas was supposed to open on the 9th.ย  Sadly sometimes my app says the 9th is check in and then started saying it wouldn't be open till later.ย  Tried a few times tonight and nothing.ย  Cleared cache and data for the app and still nothing.ย  Same goes for online.ย  Just figured I would get checked in now so I would be able to pick an early timeslot... Guess I will have to try again later.

ย 

No clue what is going on but it used to be 90 days before and now it's about 45 days but not opening up.ย  Cruise starts the 23rd and has been paid off for a couple months.

ย 

edit:ย  Well even though I was ready to crash I waited an hour and check in finally opened.ย  It was buggy compared to last time so lets hope everything went through and won't have to be done again in the morning.ย  Got an 11:30 timeslot though.ย  Sadly since my girlfriends son does not have a passport we will have to deal with his birth certificate stuff when we get there but the vaccine card is uploaded and we have the same timeslot.

So if my reservation is linked to my brothers, can I select boarding times for everyone? ย And it appears that boarding times can be selected WITHOUT doing any other part of the check in? ย No way he will be as obsessed as I am about this!

10 minutes ago, Pooch said:

So if my reservation is linked to my brothers, can I select boarding times for everyone? ย And it appears that boarding times can be selected WITHOUT doing any other part of the check in? ย No way he will be as obsessed as I am about this!

The only potential issue is that you need to answer some questions before you get to the boarding time page (last page). You'll need some personal info including form of ID (eg. Passport number and expiration date). You cannot progress until the ID/Passport info is entered from what I can see.

You can skip the photo upload, etc., but not certain key data. We could not check in our friends (linked as well) because we did not have their info. Also, you do not need to upload proof of vaccination (photos of CDC card, etc.) until later... you can complete that through the app on your phone.

ย 

37 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I will have him send me pictures of their passports so I have that info. ย What else will I need? ย And thanks for the help๐Ÿ˜Š

You are very welcome!

If you are checking in using the website, here are the pages... You'll see when you go through the phone app later you can upload the pics of your vaccination card/record, but it's not needed for initial check in to get your boarding time window.

ย 

image.thumb.png.a8b1943ea0ea1195e0dc0d32178c9b4d.png

ย 

Once again, the security photo can be skipped and uploaded later...

image.thumb.png.8675cf91468c4040a195afefbc191a34.png

ย 

image.thumb.png.28f8b16adc3a426e11b1db9adb5c0be3.png

ย 

I believe the credit card info pulls automatically from their reservation, but if they are OK with it, I would obtain it just in case!

image.thumb.png.50ab26cca0b0172d4124292d78ca3972.png

ย 

image.thumb.png.705d813d41b7f3b6c650d0ccd5108556.png

ย 

We had checked in at midnight and originally chose the 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM window, but our friends did not check in until later in the morning and we had to change it to 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM. We switched so we could board together...ย 

image.thumb.png.0cf3e4a8e4bc9306fa12be38f8fa3727.png

ย 

I hope this helped!

Have a great time!

ย 

29 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Might be able to use the "Add Guest" function within the app. Asks for last name, DOB, and reservation number.

Then you should be able to pick just the "Arrival time" option.

47 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Just so helpful! ย ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Once you complete the first guest's check-in, you'll see this confirmation and then you can click on "Check in more guests".

As long as their reservation(s) is linked to your reservation, they will appear...

ย 

image.thumb.png.9f72bed9aa33e5dc92f3d4d19f41b8ed.png

ย 

You will go to a screen showing all linked guests. Your screen may look a little different since we are all checked in...

Even after you check them in, you can always click on the icon on the upper-right to go back in and modify/change your info or boarding window until the check in period closes...

image.thumb.png.c222d40a20feffd2fcadc0e4979f7d8a.png

ย 

And, as usual, you can always come back and update your check-in info until the check-in window closes...

image.thumb.png.0b97bf857d9949099514ddf56d60dc02.png

ย