So they changed things again?

tonyfsu21

I just received this email. It looks the same as the OPs. Maybe they've changed it up since everyone must be masked up inside??

Your Sailing Day Checklist
spacer.gif
We can't wait to have you onboard Oasis of the Seas in about a week! We know you've been preparing for your cruise and since sailing requirements and protocols have evolved over time, it's important that you have everything you need so that when you arrive for boarding, it's a breeze. Please note: Failure to meet the below requirements will unfortunately result in a denial of boarding.

Check out your to-do list & checklist
for sailings departing from a U.S. homeport below.
spacer.gif

section_icon_hor4.png
spacer.gif

Your To-Do List

Check your entry requirements:
Click here for guests flying into the U.S. from overseas. Regardless of vaccination status, you'll require a negative COVID-19 result prior to flying into the U.S.

Get tested pre-cruise:
All guests 2 years and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) in order to sail.

• Guests 2 - 11 years old: test must be taken no more than 3 days prior to sailing — but not on departure day.
  • Guests 12 and older: test must be taken no more than 2 days prior to your sailing's departure date.
Proper documentation like, printed negative test results or negative test results presented on your phone from an accredited laboratory (no doctor's notes) are required to sail. All costs for this test are the guest's responsibility and must be done on their own, not at the terminal.

Submit your vaccination proof:
When you go to our app to complete your online check-in, be sure to also submit proof of vaccination. That way, you’ll have a smoother boarding experience. Note: Please still bring your proof of vaccination with you for your sailing.

Schedule your boarding day test:
At the terminal, unvaccinated guests 2 to 11 years old, are required to take a complimentary PCR test (this is in addition to the pre-cruise test) for COVID-19 when checking in for their cruise. Registration details were already sent to you via email. Please check your email and register for your child/children today! If you haven’t received this email, please call us at 1-800-256-6649.

Later this week:
Fill out your health questionnaire on our app, when you receive it the day before your sailing.

spacer.gif
section_icon_hor3.png
spacer.gif
Documents to Bring

Passport Book or Passport Card
 Valid for at least six months after your sailing's return date, is strongly recommended. If you do not have a Passport, you may present a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate (not a "baby feet" hospital certificate or baptismal paper). Guests age 16 and older that present a Birth Certificate will also need to provide a valid Driver's License or picture ID issued by the government.

A negative PCR or antigen test for COVID-19
 Taken no more than 3 days prior to sailing, but not on departure day, for guests 2 - 11 years old and taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing for guest 12 and older.

COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card
 For all guests 12 years and older. Upload your vaccination card ahead of time in our app. As a reminder, to be considered fully-vaccinated, the last dose of your vaccine series must be administered 14 days or more prior to sailing. 

Reminder!
 International guests must check their visa/ESTA requirements before traveling to the US.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Espresso spacer.gif Running Best Sales and Service spacer.gif Royal Caribbean
spacer.gif
Facebook   Twitter   YouTube
  Blog   Instagram   Pinterest

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The CDC dictates the type of testing for unvaccinated (one of the two tests must be PCR). This seems just outdated text.

Perhaps but this could really mess people up. This email tells me it’s ok to get the rapid antigen test for my kids and then a complimentary PCR will be performed at the terminal. Very annoying communication error.

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Less then 10 days ago we received the protocols indicating kids 2-11 need to take a PCR test 3 days prior. This was enacted to allow for antigen tests at the terminal and thus speed up boarding. Just moments ago I receive (pictured) indicating Antigen or PCR. What’s up with this? 

20157C50-8FA1-4A72-AF04-8011C69F4CF5.jpeg

I just received the same for my family of 5 on odyssey 12/26. Maybe the change is to help ease the stress of the testing backlog for the PCR given the Christmas crunch? We all raced around to figure out how given the current testing backlog. Rapid PCR is $245 where I am. I'd love to know if this is true!

What is even more confusing is it isn't kids it is unvaccinated.  lol

Like my 6 and 11 are fully vaxed and therefore antigen is fine for them and they will not be tested at port.  But my 4 year old is PCR and antigen at port.  It really has nothing to do with age and they should change their e-mails to just reflect vaccinated and unvaccinated.

At this point I’ve wasted enough of my time on this. At first you can see the RC representative is clueless as usual and provides false information. If I stopped at that point w/o pressing then this wouldn’t have been resolved. FYI- it’s important to note that I’m not the one that’s “confused”. 

602AA232-10F2-4688-B721-8EAAF61BE0DE.jpeg

DFAC0304-2196-4460-9C8F-7345A8D40E35.jpeg

It doesn't shock me.  I spoke to someone that claimed my whole family is marked down as vaccinated.  If they were, why am I getting e-mails to schedule antigen tests at the port?  Clearly they are not marked as vaccinated.  I just ignored the e-mails and assume I will have a ton of issues as the port since they refuse to actually mark them properly and allow me to upload their cards.  Some of these customer service people really have zero clue.