REALLY ANNOYED …. Would have cancelled if they told us this YESTERDAY when we had 48 hours to go!

ChrisK2793

On 12/17/2021 at 7:29 PM, DunwoodyDad said:

Where did you see this?  I’m supposed to be on Freedom in 10 days.

i’m fine wearing a mask while moving around but when I’m at the bar with a drink or in a restaurant, I’m not putting my mask back on. Don’t do it in restaurants here and that’s in places where I’m sure there’s tons of unvaccinated people.

And honestly, the more you touch and fiddle with your mask, the less effective it is anyway.

10 hours ago, MattG said:

Not gonna lie, I peeped at the MDR menu in the Royal app on your cruise, and there are things I wish we had on the 7-day itinerary menu! Wish I could have tried the Coq au Vin, Beef Duo, Bay Scallop Gratin, Shrimp and Lobster Bisque, Beef Bourguignon, etc. 

In my opinion the food onboard is fantastic! 😋

16 hours ago, barbeyg said:

It is odd how this changes from cruise to cruise. I didn’t see anyone flaunting the masking rules on our cruise. I’m sure some did, but I didn’t encounter them. And I wasn’t watching out for them either. I have better things to do with my time.  Of course, when we got to the vaccinated venues, everyone was quick to de-mask. (Or is that disem-mask? 😂)

I know that having to remind people to mask gets old.  And they shouldn’t have to, if you signed up to cruise during this time. The cruise lines have to abide by CDC guidelines, so have to police this.  And there will always be those who have to be told, as if they are still stuck in a 3rd grade mentality. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s like that now on the Anthem. Everyone just seems to be doing what they’re supposed to. I don’t see anyone flaunting the mask rule either. Plus, I saw many instances where people would rather wait for another elevator because of the six people rule. Not all the time, but a lot. It seems most people are just satisfied being on a cruise and are enjoying themselves.
I did have one embarrassing moment…I left a venue and was walking the Royal Esplanade when I saw someone with their mask hanging under their chin. I thought to myself ‘how selfish!’…and when I reached to make sure my mask was on properly, I suddenly realized I forgot to put it on! Oops!

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

Plus, I saw many instances where people would rather wait for another elevator because of the six people rule

Same here! We were a party of six, and it took a bit longer to get an elevator, but we always found an empty one. Very rarely did someone join our elevator party, they mostly went "I'll just grab another, no worries!"

Team Anthem!

6 hours ago, BrianB said:

Plus, I saw many instances where people would rather wait for another elevator because of the six people rule. Not all the time, but a lot. It seems most people are just satisfied being on a cruise and are enjoying themselves.
I did have one embarrassing moment…I left a venue and was walking the Royal Esplanade when I saw someone with their mask hanging under their chin. I thought to myself ‘how selfish!’…and when I reached to make sure my mask was on properly, I suddenly realized I forgot to put it on! Oops!

LOL on the forgetting to put it on.  I was in the Suite Lounge having dinner when I remembered my 'bracelet' wasn't on my wrist, I had left it in the cabin.  DH just laughed, but I wasn't comfortable until I had it.  And there were a number of times we almost made it to the lounge door to go to the restroom, when we had to turn around for our masks.  So I get it.

Replying to add, we had the same with the elevators too.  There were a few times even that we had to tell people it was okay to get on with us.  They hesitated, I guess waiting for us to bark at them for trying, but there still would have been only 6 in the elevator.  And there were a couple times where by the time we got to our floor that the elevator felt like the old days, with humanity packed in like sardines.  😂

Clearly they changed this rule because of Symphony having so many cases.  Personally I am hoping a ton cancel so the cruise I am going on is not so packed.  I noticed the cruise I am on doesn't show up at all so my guess is that as people cancel they are not opening those rooms up because they are trying to lower capacity.  The CEO said it would be 65% and it seems they didn't follow that and now they are in trouble because they sold too many rooms.  A shame because I am really hoping this cruise doesn't suck because they crammed the ship to 100% without really having the staff or shows for 100% with social distancing protocols.  All a money grab in my mind.  But this new mask policy is to reduce spread that clearly happened on a ship.