New protocols today

Just received; sailing tomorrow on Symphony.

YOUR HEALTHY SAILING UPDATE

Updated mask protocols for departures through January 5, 2022

With the recent uptick of COVID-19 in the world and added Omicron variant concerns, we feel it prudent to temporarily tighten our onboard health protocols to require masks indoors at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. This new update also applies to vaccinated areas and venues.

We're sorry for any disappointment that this may cause, but hope you understand that health and safety come first. Despite the new requirement, we know you will still have a great time onboard. 

For full protocol details, please click here. As always, health and safety protocols are subject to change.

If you have questions about these protocols, please reference our FAQs for details or contact us at 1 (866) 562-7625or 541-285-9150 for assistance. If you prefer to not sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule your cruise, we are glad to assist. Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Espresso Running Best Sales and Service Royal Caribbean
spacer.gif
Facebook Twitter YouTube
Blog Instagram Pinterest
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
© 2021 Royal Caribbean International. Use of our various websites, mobile application(s), kiosks, and other digital platforms are subject to our Terms of Use.

Royal Caribbean Intl.
1050 Caribbean Way Miami, FL 33132
www.royalcaribbean.com
spacer.gif
@EMAIL_TRACKING@

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have been along and will continue to by booking more Royal cruises.

Penalizing Royal isn't going to make the virus go away.  

I've been on 2 post covid cruises and have 4 more booked. I've been generally supportive of Royal's approach to covid protocols. I'm not onboard with increased mask wearing.

30 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I've been on 2 post covid cruises and have 4 more booked. I've been generally supportive of Royal's approach to covid protocols. I'm not onboard with increased mask wearing.

NCL announced the same policy.  Others will follow.  I hate masks. 

However I love cruising more.  So I vote with my wallet.  

It would really be great if those cruising (especially those sailing out in the next few days) could report their experience to understand the facts around how this will change the cruise experience that has been in place for the past few months. I’m thinking about the claims of people being asked to raise/lower their masks between sips (doubt this is true), but also things like the gym and spa, or onboard activities like karaoke.

4 minutes ago, DunwoodyDad said:

I’m thinking about the claims of people being asked to raise/lower their masks between sips (doubt this is true), but also things like the gym and spa, or onboard activities like karaoke.

We have seen some confusion in the past onboard, as the crew has to make the transition to new rules.  I can’t imagine how difficult it is to first get the decree from Corporate, then each ship convey those rules to ALL crew members.  And there have to be questions that Corporate hasn’t thought thru, doesn’t have the answer for yet.

I figure within the next few days, we will get reports of what the new rules really ‘look like’. Of course, for those sailing this weekend, it’s going to be very confusing. 

• 6 months later...

The mask mandate is annoying but makes sense. We were on a Western Med. trip in May (on the Vision) with no mask mandate, and I came down with COVID. Someone in our party tested positive so we all had to test. I was put in a dingy, dirty cabin on Deck 3 for 7 days. I had to ask for basic medical supplies and put up with poor food service and no medical attention. While in quarantine, I received a letter stating that both my husband and I should receive a prorated refund for my time in quarantine within 30 days. For several weeks, I have been trying to get RCCL to do what the Vision letter promised. Now, RCCL says that they will only refund me and give my husband a future cruise credit. A FCC is not acceptable. After my treatment, I am not sure I want to cruise on RCCL again. Does anyone have any ideas about who I could contact or what I could do to rectify this situation? I am only asking for what was promised and now RCCL is changing its tune.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:56 AM, Sea lover said:

The mask mandate is annoying but makes sense. We were on a Western Med. trip in May (on the Vision) with no mask mandate, and I came down with COVID. Someone in our party tested positive so we all had to test. I was put in a dingy, dirty cabin on Deck 3 for 7 days. I had to ask for basic medical supplies and put up with poor food service and no medical attention. While in quarantine, I received a letter stating that both my husband and I should receive a prorated refund for my time in quarantine within 30 days. For several weeks, I have been trying to get RCCL to do what the Vision letter promised. Now, RCCL says that they will only refund me and give my husband a future cruise credit. A FCC is not acceptable. After my treatment, I am not sure I want to cruise on RCCL again. Does anyone have any ideas about who I could contact or what I could do to rectify this situation? I am only asking for what was promised and now RCCL is changing its tune.

Call back and ask for resolutions.  If you don't get the answer that should be I'd copy and send proof of the letter and your request for your refund to mbayley@rccl.com  (CEO)