Updated Omicron Mask Policy (Dec 17th - Jan 5)

Atricks

On 12/17/2021 at 5:36 PM, jeffmw said:

I get it, Matt. But it's very disrespectful that I type a sincere response to a post and for multiple people to laugh at it due to idiotic political rhetoric. That's antagonistic. If you're trying to maintain the standards of this forum, you should start there. 

I agree with this. It’s not very funny how people on this board will passive aggressively laugh at a post as a sign of disagreement. It’s annoying already. 

On 12/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, Jill said:

I’m reading 50 cases on this last Symphony sailing that ended this morning. This from a passenger who was symptomatic, went to medical, no fever so they didn’t test her. Didn’t quarantine her either. Now her daughter is symptomatic. They told her that to test her, she’d have to pay $160. 

If in fact there are 50 cases, that’s not good news and clearly the reason behind increased masking. 

I’d like to know how many of the cases flew to the port. 

Today’s embarkation has been moved back 2 1/2 hours. 

So far this is the only report I’m finding from mr sue happy cruise law news 

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2021/12/articles/disease/covid-19-cases-increase-on-cruise-ships-as-lines-suppress-information/

I was on the Symphony cruise last week that is now making headlines. We had a passenger medevac'd via helicopter to San Juan due to a non-covid related health issue (heart problem). Nobody else was taken off. I'm guessing that reduced the already small medical staff as well.

Protocols will be relaxed soon hopefully. NFL and other venues are changing their protocols as we speak because the previous ones were too strict based on the data that this variant is not nearly as serious. It was costing them money (cancelled games etc.) over outdated data (and incorrect data ...... go figure). We have a March cruise booked and will be cancelling if things don't improve. People that are scared to death of this thing should just stay at home (locked up if they prefer). If I can't enjoy my vacation, I'll pick an area that will let me enjoy it normally. I understand RCCL has to cave and do not blame them. It's a business however, I hope they don't go under. 

2 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

upsetting news, concerning the masks

Now for international travelers coming back home,  Royal no longer offering PCR tests.  Wow

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/when-to-take-a-test-if-traveling-to-us-from-another-country

I would assume that's because more and more foreigners are taking cruises now and it's too much to handle.

But it looks like they'll still contract out to have someone offer tests at the terminal.

I guess we'll be taking Binax Now tests on our June Vancouver cruise

On 12/17/2021 at 4:02 PM, Jennifer Burke said:

I just came off the Allure last week. I had a drink in my hand at all times and they told me to mask up the entire time while I was walking around. They said no walking around with a drink and not masked. You have to be sitting drinking. I was so mad! That was the first day on board too. 

Sometimes life is truly difficult

On the Odyssey now, I was agitated by the last minute mask protocol change and while I won't get into the reasons why here we decided to go to guest services get additional masks and not discuss it,we ran into others who were super angry and voiced it but we personally decided just do what was asked and enjoy our sailing. 

Clearly seeing how packed this ship is we understand the reasoning in addition to everything else going on regarding these interesting times. 

It is humbling on board, I am interacting with staff and feel compelled to comply as I want them to feel comfortable,  they are important and looking in their eyes I can agree, I'm doing it for them. I respect them and the job they are doing.

8 hours ago, Neesa said:

On the Odyssey now, I was agitated by the last minute mask protocol change and while I won't get into the reasons why here we decided to go to guest services get additional masks and not discuss it,we ran into others who were super angry and voiced it but we personally decided just do what was asked and enjoy our sailing. 

Clearly seeing how packed this ship is we understand the reasoning in addition to everything else going on regarding these interesting times. 

It is humbling on board, I am interacting with staff and feel compelled to comply as I want them to feel comfortable,  they are important and looking in their eyes I can agree, I'm doing it for them. I respect them and the job they are doing.

There is someone who runs a Facebook group and she posted a letter from a parent of one of the staff who tested positive for Covid.  Apparently they are not getting regular food deliveries and there is no one to advocate for them.  If this is a cause you are able to address with Guest relations that would be awesome.    Having read the goings on with quarantine passengers on Symphony I feel bad for the passengers and crew.

I’m on the Brilliance right now waiting for the Farewell Show to start.  For several nights, the pre-show announcement said masks were required for all guests during the performance.  Tonight, the announcement reverted to the pre-Omicron guideline making masks optional in the vaccinated areas.  This came as a surprise to me after what happened on the Odyssey.

EDIT:  The new announcement was given just before the show - masks for everyone