Royal Caribbean app help needed

Ric Coleman

I recieve the message "Your device isn't compatible with this version" when trying to download the Royal Caribbean app.  Neither of my phones will download and they both have Android 6.  I emailed vusyomer service and have not recieved a response.  We depart on January 17, 2021 and it appears it uses this system.fir us to download our vaccination info, etc.  In the past I used my laptop for the on-noard schedule, etc.  It is not able to download the app as well.  I am very frustrated because we have taken 17 cruises with no issues until this app was required to function on board.  Any help would be appreciated!  

Ric Coleman

1 hour ago, Ric Coleman said:

I recieve the message "Your device isn't compatible with this version" when trying to download the Royal Caribbean app.  Neither of my phones will download and they both have Android 6.  I emailed vusyomer service and have not recieved a response.  We depart on January 17, 2021 and it appears it uses this system.fir us to download our vaccination info, etc.  In the past I used my laptop for the on-noard schedule, etc.  It is not able to download the app as well.  I am very frustrated because we have taken 17 cruises with no issues until this app was required to function on board.  Any help would be appreciated!  

Ric Coleman

Per the app specs: 

Requires Android
7.0 and up

So it seems you need to update your phone

2 hours ago, Ric Coleman said:

Ric Coleman

Welcome to the Boards!

Unfortunately Android 6 is old enough that it is no longer supported (no security updates), so the app is restricted from working on it

While it is convenient to use the app while on a cruise, you can enjoy the cruise without ever using the app.   Printed Cruise Compasses are still available (bring highlighters).  Call the Box Office and the restaurants to make reservations.  Print your SetSail pass from the website.

I'm conducting an experiment on my cruise on the Brilliance next week - I want to see how one can cruise with the least use of personal devices.  I even want to try to check-in without a SetSail Pass.  I called Royal and they said it could be done.  We'll see.  (Of course, I'll bring back-up documents)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 10:59 AM, PG Cruiser said:

While it is convenient to use the app while on a cruise, you can enjoy the cruise without ever using the app.   Printed Cruise Compasses are still available (bring highlighters).  Call the Box Office and the restaurants to make reservations.  Print your SetSail pass from the website.

I'm conducting an experiment on my cruise on the Brilliance next week - I want to see how one can cruise with the least use of personal devices.  I even want to try to check-in without a SetSail Pass.  I called Royal and they said it could be done.  We'll see.  (Of course, I'll bring back-up documents)

Any updates on your experiment

1 hour ago, FJ28 said:

Any updates on your experiment

I wasn’t able to do my plan to check in with just a reservation number and a government issued ID. They strictly imposed check in time and I did not want to be delayed. I presented my documents printed at home.

I did not use the app at all during the sailing. I used the printed Cruise Compass.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:08 PM, PG Cruiser said:

I wasn’t able to do my plan to check in with just a reservation number and a government issued ID. They strictly imposed check in time and I did not want to be delayed. I presented my documents printed at home.

I did not use the app at all during the sailing. I used the printed Cruise Compass.

Did you make reservations for any shows or other extras while onboard?  I have some older family that want to cruise but do not have a smart phone. They only have a desktop computer at home and are concerned they won't be able to go. Thanks for the information!

On 12/26/2021 at 5:12 PM, FJ28 said:

Did you make reservations for any shows or other extras while onboard?  I have some older family that want to cruise but do not have a smart phone. They only have a desktop computer at home and are concerned they won't be able to go. Thanks for the information!

When I was sailed on the Odyssey with two other couples, I made our show reservations by calling the Box Office.  I had a list of the room numbers and guest names with me. I don't know if it made any difference but we had our TA link our reservations together beforehand.