Cancelled cruise

mworkman

Okay..have you ever had a cruise canceled on you without RC notifying your TA or you?  

i just received a call from a rep at the travel agency where I booked all of my cruises from (past & future) to ensure I have the latest information for boarding.  She briefly informed me of all requirements that are current on our second ship of a B2B. I Inquire about the 1st cruise of this b2b (same ship) vacation, she pulls up my info and low and behold not in the system, she (TA) calls RC to inquire about it only to be told, hold on…we’re trying to locate that information.🤦‍♂️ RC states that it was canceled due to non payment, TA states it was payed in full, now RC rep says hold on and waits for a supervisor…..after 20 minutes of hold time, RC now states that a price check was requested back in March by me personally and prices had went up, now requiring more money and a invoice being sent requesting $600 via email. 🤦‍♂️ TA stated that didn’t happen as she has no notes and now has to attend a meeting and she would call me afterwards while RC still holds to the statement of price increases and non payment resulted in cancellation.

Now I wait for the meeting to finish and the TA to call me back as she might have to escalate it to a supervisor in customer relations in there department. You can’t make this stuff up 🤷🏼‍♂️

Think positive, if it's a TA meeting there are lots of minds communicating about your situation and how it can be rectified. Escalation seems in order of course but maybe someone in her "meeting" has the 411 and escalation on speed dial, I wish for you a good outcome.

No this hasn't happened to me but I can imagine what you are feeling right now, the whole story stinks! Unless you upgraded your cabin when you book that's the price and any adjustments are made when saving money, if you never upgraded you should not owe money on existing reservation that's paid in full.  I am not a TA but I think I am correct.

Good Luck, please let us know...

20 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Okay..have you ever had a cruise canceled on you without RC notifying your TA or you?  

i just received a call from a rep at the travel agency where I booked all of my cruises from (past & future) to ensure I have the latest information for boarding.  She briefly informed me of all requirements that are current on our second ship of a B2B. I Inquire about the 1st cruise of this b2b (same ship) vacation, she pulls up my info and low and behold not in the system, she (TA) calls RC to inquire about it only to be told, hold on…we’re trying to locate that information.🤦‍♂️ RC states that it was canceled due to non payment, TA states it was payed in full, now RC rep says hold on and waits for a supervisor…..after 20 minutes of hold time, RC now states that a price check was requested back in March by me personally and prices had went up, now requiring more money and a invoice being sent requesting $600 via email. 🤦‍♂️ TA stated that didn’t happen as she has no notes and now has to attend a meeting and she would call me afterwards while RC still holds to the statement of price increases and non payment resulted in cancellation.

Now I wait for the meeting to finish and the TA to call me back as she might have to escalate it to a supervisor in customer relations in there department. You can’t make this stuff up 🤷🏼‍♂️

Does the cruise still show up on your cruise planner? The reason for my asking is that something is amiss on our upcoming Oasis NYE sailing. I've checked in, vax info received, but I have no cruise documents and no luggage tags and an excursion was just cancelled today.

Cruise still shows in the cruise planner, not to mention we recently received an itinerary adjustment 2 days ago via email from RC. Interesting thing is this is the second time we’ve received anything related to a booked cruise from RC other than the standard sales promos. I’m still wondering who they sent that invoice too, I wish they would have paid it back in march since I made final payment via TA in September this year. 😂

40 minutes ago, mworkman said:

<snip>

…..after 20 minutes of hold time, RC now states that a price check was requested back in March by me personally and prices had went up, now requiring more money and a invoice being sent requesting $600 via email. 🤦‍♂️ TA stated that didn’t happen as she has no notes and now has to attend a meeting and she would call me afterwards while RC still holds to the statement of price increases and non payment resulted in cancellation.

<snip>

How does a price check result in a price increase? 

Our original TA is working on it and has escalated it up to the resolution desk, payment numbers don’t match what he has and what they have on file. They show a payment of $500, where he shows final payment of $2513.62. Things that make you say hmmmm what did you do with the rest of the money RC 🤔

TA did say that how RC does FCC has caused a lot of issues in there system.  I’m not savvy on this, but don’t believe he would bs me..I’m sure some with this experience can express there opinions on it.

Now that cruise is no longer showing up in my planner! Along with my other one… I’m not liking this one bit. 😲 Starting to freak out! 😳

Update…and I’m we’re not happy right now…😡 RC has now stated it was a computer glitch and they don’t have any cabins available that’s comparable to what we have, (same cabin b2b) and location, however the can offer us an upgrade to GS (next available upgrade) current listed for $12k for $6k more 😡 That would make the final figure paid for $9k plus…and that’s just for the first sailing since it’s listed as an Holiday sailing. We decided that wasn’t going to fly and asked for a refund, now we’re being told it will be in the form of fcc and that will put back the $900 they took from cancellation (penalties).  Which they officially canceled the cruise yesterday were now being told. I need a break….to cool off….

3 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Update…and I’m we’re not happy right now…😡 RC has now stated it was a computer glitch and they don’t have any cabins available that’s comparable to what we have, (same cabin b2b) and location, however the can offer us an upgrade to GS (next available upgrade) current listed for $12k for $6k more 😡 That would make the final figure paid for $9k plus…and that’s just for the first sailing since it’s listed as an Holiday sailing. We decided that wasn’t going to fly and asked for a refund, now we’re being told it will be in the form of fcc and that will put back the $900 they took from cancellation (penalties).  Which they officially canceled the cruise yesterday were now being told. I need a break….to cool off….

Any path to escalate that again? That doesn't seem like what I would expect for an error on their behalf...

Closing...Just got off the phone with the TA....RC's final offer was to reinstate us on cancelled cruise (no OBC offered) TA tried, our original booked room is gone. Upgrade offer wasn't worth spending that kind of cash right now for just the first leg, so the TA guilted RC into giving us full refund on both cruises since they (RC) cancelled it and not our fault.  

Right now we have a sour taste in our mouth and hope this isn't what we have to look forward to in the future. We still haven't received FCC certificates from RC from previous cruises and have grown tired of tracking them.  That's the main reason why opted to not take FCC at this time.

Our next cruises isn't until April 2022, so we will wait to book after that with all preexisting FCC certificates before they expire and hope RC can get there stuff in order. 

Now to cancel hotel and airline tickets. 🥴

Now I have more questions than answers. 🤔 Why was I able to see the reservation still online (I didn’t open the booking) since RC rep stated that it was canceled before today? What was I seeing? Is RC software/dbase that antiquated that glitches drop reservations from the system? If so, how often does this happen? Is there a better way to get better results that protect the consumer? If so, is that an insurance protection plan, how would that helped?