Wonder to Port Canaveral in Oct 2022

MLH

39 minutes ago, WolfpackCruiser said:

I know it sounds like the ultimate first world problem, but it is frustrating.

I totally get it. I would feel the same if I was in your shoes. I don't know that I would take the chance on it, personally. I'd probably try and see if my TA could work with resolutions to come up with something else that worked out or I'd walk away from it.

12 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I totally get it. I would feel the same if I was in your shoes. I don't know that I would take the chance on it, personally. I'd probably try and see if my TA could work with resolutions to come up with something else that worked out or I'd walk away from it.

We booked with another couple who can't rearrange their schedule as easily. They booked a standard balcony, so they're content with everything. If it was just my family and I, I'd be more inclined to just walk away since the whole point of this vacation was to splurge since we hadn't done a vacation in years.

RCL really put us in a tough spot and have given us no details 

On 12/17/2021 at 7:11 PM, WolfpackCruiser said:

Anyone know if Crown Loft Suite includes Genie? I was on Star Loft on Harmony and got moved to Crown on Wonder. Only got 300 OBC to compensate...

Normally a Crown Loft Suite does not include Royal Genie.  However I think I read somewhere where Royal would still provide the same amenities to those passengers who were booked in higher tier suites on Harmony but were downgraded as a result of Harmony being swapped out for Wonder.

2 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Normally a Crown Loft Suite does not include Royal Genie.  However I think I read somewhere where Royal would still provide the same amenities to those passengers who were booked in higher tier suites on Harmony but were downgraded as a result of Harmony being swapped out for Wonder.

Benefits of original booking maintained but unfortunately not Genie. I called and asked this on behalf of some friends who were demoted through change from Allure to Wonder. 
Genies on ships have assigned rooms (usually 3) Having to service additional suites due to ship change will diminish service quality. 

A temporary solution would be for Royal to assign an additional Genie to Wonder to serve affected passengers. Unlikely. 

On 12/21/2021 at 9:53 AM, AlmondFarmer said:

Benefits of original booking maintained but unfortunately not Genie. I called and asked this on behalf of some friends who were demoted through change from Allure to Wonder. 
Genies on ships have assigned rooms (usually 3) Having to service additional suites due to ship change will diminish service quality. 

A temporary solution would be for Royal to assign an additional Genie to Wonder to serve affected passengers. Unlikely. 

That really sucks for people who originally booked those suites and have now been downgraded as a result of the swap.  Couldn't Royal have simply sent Wonder to Port Everglades from November 2022 through April of 2023 and then moved Wonder to Cape  Canaveral and Harmony to Port Everglades in May of 2023 especially seeing the summer 2023 Caribbean season wasn't open for sale?

So annoyed with where we have been moved! ‘Like for Like’ more like ‘Nothing Like’. We had four side by side Balconies towards the aft booked on Harmony for family as part of my sister’s honeymoon. We now have two at the aft (not side by side) and two at the very front on the opposite side of the ship. They have separated my 5 year old niece from her parents by the length of the ship and don’t seem at all bothered! 
Everything purchased in the Black Friday cruise planner sale has also been cancelled which is totally unnecessary. Drinks packages, Wi-Fi, Coco Cay cabana all cancelled, which to me is just greed as they will no doubt cost more now to rebook. It’s only the ship that has changed so why cancel our cabana? So pissed off with constant things like this from Royal. 

2 hours ago, MattHird said:

So annoyed with where we have been moved! ‘Like for Like’ more like ‘Nothing Like’. We had four side by side Balconies towards the aft booked on Harmony for family as part of my sister’s honeymoon. We now have two at the aft (not side by side) and two at the very front on the opposite side of the ship. They have separated my 5 year old niece from her parents by the length of the ship and don’t seem at all bothered! 
Everything purchased in the Black Friday cruise planner sale has also been cancelled which is totally unnecessary. Drinks packages, Wi-Fi, Coco Cay cabana all cancelled, which to me is just greed as they will no doubt cost more now to rebook. It’s only the ship that has changed so why cancel our cabana? So pissed off with constant things like this from Royal. 

Planner purchases are typically cancelled when ships change. We were hoping that would transition, but apparently the software won’t allow it, or it is too cumbersome to do so. I have to rebook mine as well, so will watch for a good sale. 🙂

There are a lot of balcony cabins. If you booked thru a TA, they should be able to get you all together again. If not, a call to customer service will rectify that.  I think you can get the cabin situation remedied pretty easily. 🙂  I suggest calling early in the day, if you need to call. The lines aren’t as tied up then.

22 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Planner purchases are typically cancelled when ships change. We were hoping that would transition, but apparently the software won’t allow it, or it is too cumbersome to do so. I have to rebook mine as well, so will watch for a good sale. 🙂

There are a lot of balcony cabins. If you booked thru a TA, they should be able to get you all together again. If not, a call to customer service will rectify that.  I think you can get the cabin situation remedied pretty easily. 🙂  I suggest calling early in the day, if you need to call. The lines aren’t as tied up then.

Thank you. I too thought the cabins would be easy to remedy but it doesn’t appear so. I have been in contact with them for over a week and today they offered two cabins about 10 cabins away from the other two but none of them are side by side. I have told them I’m still not happy and asked them to try again. I’ll probably end up cancelling and reluctantly trying another cruise line if they can’t put us together on a ship with so many balcony cabins and decks. 

1 hour ago, MattHird said:

I’ll probably end up cancelling and reluctantly trying another cruise line if they can’t put us together on a ship with so many balcony cabins and decks. 

I think there will be some cancellations, and maybe mid-January, more cabins could be available. If you can wait till then, possibly you can get what you want. I hope you get it worked out, whichever cruise line you guys sail with. 🙂