Wonder to Port Canaveral in Oct 2022

MLH

Dear Travel Partner,

We've continued working on our Royal Comeback and bringing our entire fleet back on the seas. As we review and analyze our itinerary plans, we've decided to reposition some of our ships to offer our guests the very best experiences. Our original plan for Harmony of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Orlando, Florida in late 2022. Instead, Harmony of the Seas will begin sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, Florida. Unfortunately, this means your clients' original sailing will be cancelled.

However, the good news is, Wonder of the Seas - our newest and latest flagship - will now take its place and will offer similar itineraries. So, we'll automatically move your clients to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as their original Harmony of the Seas cruise. This way, they'll still have the opportunity to enjoy a sailing similar to what they were looking forward to with many of the same features - but now on our newest ship! We hope they're as excited as we are.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting sailings and rebooking guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process easier for you and your clients. We'll begin moving reservations on December 17th, 2021. We expect moves for individual bookings to be complete by January 14th, 2022 and by February 4th, 2022 for all group bookings. We'll send an updated reservation confirmation with the revised details to the email address on file as soon as their reservation has been completely updated.

Below is a message we kindly ask you to please share with your clients that have an impacted sailing. As always, thank you for your support and partnership, and stay healthy!

Dear Guest,

We've continued working on our Royal Comeback and bringing our entire fleet back on the seas. As we review and analyze our itinerary plans, we've decided to reposition some of our ships to offer our guests the very best experiences. Our original plan for Harmony of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Orlando, Florida in late 2022. Instead, Harmony of the Seas will begin sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, Florida.

However, the good news is, Wonder of the Seas - our newest and latest flagship - will now take its place and will offer similar itineraries! So, starting December 17th, 2021, we'll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Harmony of the Seas cruise. You'll enjoy your sailing in a like for like stateroom, and all your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we're confident you'll have an amazing time onboard and enjoy many of the same features as Harmony of the Seas - but now on our newest ship - we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we've outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Wonder of the Seas cruise

• We'll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there's nothing for you to do!
  • Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful ports of call as your original cruise, and it'll depart from the same destination.
  • We'll move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
    • We'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted.

Option 2: Select a 100% Refund

• If you no longer wish to sail, we'll be sad to see you go. We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request.
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Lastly, if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original certificate.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by January 14th, 2022, and we'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by January 10th, 2022. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by January 10th, 2022, you'll remain booked on the alternate Wonder of the Seas sailing.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

21 minutes ago, mattymay said:

Dear Travel Partner,

We've continued working on our Royal Comeback and bringing our entire fleet back on the seas. As we review and analyze our itinerary plans, we've decided to reposition some of our ships to offer our guests the very best experiences. Our original plan for Harmony of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Orlando, Florida in late 2022. Instead, Harmony of the Seas will begin sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, Florida. Unfortunately, this means your clients' original sailing will be cancelled.

However, the good news is, Wonder of the Seas - our newest and latest flagship - will now take its place and will offer similar itineraries. So, we'll automatically move your clients to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as their original Harmony of the Seas cruise. This way, they'll still have the opportunity to enjoy a sailing similar to what they were looking forward to with many of the same features - but now on our newest ship! We hope they're as excited as we are.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting sailings and rebooking guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process easier for you and your clients. We'll begin moving reservations on December 17th, 2021. We expect moves for individual bookings to be complete by January 14th, 2022 and by February 4th, 2022 for all group bookings. We'll send an updated reservation confirmation with the revised details to the email address on file as soon as their reservation has been completely updated.

Below is a message we kindly ask you to please share with your clients that have an impacted sailing. As always, thank you for your support and partnership, and stay healthy!

Dear Guest,

We've continued working on our Royal Comeback and bringing our entire fleet back on the seas. As we review and analyze our itinerary plans, we've decided to reposition some of our ships to offer our guests the very best experiences. Our original plan for Harmony of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Orlando, Florida in late 2022. Instead, Harmony of the Seas will begin sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, Florida.

However, the good news is, Wonder of the Seas - our newest and latest flagship - will now take its place and will offer similar itineraries! So, starting December 17th, 2021, we'll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Harmony of the Seas cruise. You'll enjoy your sailing in a like for like stateroom, and all your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we're confident you'll have an amazing time onboard and enjoy many of the same features as Harmony of the Seas - but now on our newest ship - we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we've outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Wonder of the Seas cruise

• We'll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there's nothing for you to do!
  • Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful ports of call as your original cruise, and it'll depart from the same destination.
  • We'll move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
    • We'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted.

Option 2: Select a 100% Refund

• If you no longer wish to sail, we'll be sad to see you go. We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request.
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Lastly, if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original certificate.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by January 14th, 2022, and we'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by January 10th, 2022. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by January 10th, 2022, you'll remain booked on the alternate Wonder of the Seas sailing.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

Wow! Thanks for the info! I am looking forward to sailing on Wonder!

4 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

My wife and I are booked in a grand suite  on  harmony in December 2022 and now see it’s canceled in the cruise planner. Man if we got the equivalent of that on Wonder, it’s would be epic !! Fingers crossed.

Wonder has a similar number of Grand suites to Harmony. 
I like your odds.

8 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

My wife and I are booked in a grand suite  on  harmony in December 2022 and now see it’s canceled in the cruise planner. Man if we got the equivalent of that on Wonder, it’s would be epic !! Fingers crossed.

We are booked in one too. Hoping for the best. I really liked this itinerary, and this would be awesome! 

Wow! We’re very excited! I guess Harmony is not in the cards for us right now. Royal has moved us from Harmony twice in the last couple of years! First, they moved us to Symphony (cancelled APR 2021) due to the moved up routine 5-year maintenance dry dock (planned pre-covid), and now they moved us to Wonder. No complaints! 😀

Long time here, but first post. But I also had a GS booked for Dec.22. And I’m very stoked to be bumped to the Wonder. My email from my TA is a little different then what I’ve seen in this topic. This was my email.

Dear Guest,

However, the good news is, Wonder of the Seas - our newest and latest flagship - will now take its place and will offer similar itineraries! So, starting December 17th, 2021, we'll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Harmony of the Seas cruise.

And, due to the number of available suites onboard Wonder of the Seas, we've upgraded your suite and your suite amenities will remain the same! We hope you're excited to sail with us in your new suite.

Your vacation is important to us. While we're confident you'll have an amazing time onboard and enjoy many of the same features as Harmony of the Seas - but now on our newest ship - we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we've outlined your options along with a few additional details

19 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

Just got the email officially informing us of our Lift and shift to our grand suite on wonder from harmony.  To say I’m stoked would be an understatement. Just amazing news!!! I’m going to never leave that suite neighborhood except to go to trellis bar in Central Park 

We got the same. Deck 17. 😁 So glad we made the ‘cut’. Whew. 

I fail to see the allure (no pun intended) of the Wonder as far as wanting to give it a spin. It's newer, sure, but it seems like its primary calling card that separates it from the other Oasis ships is that there's the special area for suite guests. To me, it's a turnoff that they had the opportunity to debut a new ship and chose to cater to the elite rather than do something that benefits all passengers. 

11 minutes ago, jeffmw said:

To me, it's a turnoff that they had the opportunity to debut a new ship and chose to cater to the elite rather than do something that benefits all passengers. 

I’m excited to try Wonder since it will have a new ice, aqua and theater show. Some on this blog have seen all of these on all other Oasis class ships. Excitement is partially access to something new, which is available to all guests. Plus that new ship smell, also available to all nostril owning guests.

58 minutes ago, Templecruiser said:

I wonder why so many suites were cut?

Many have speculated, probably correctly, that suite reduction was influenced by expected region of deployment (Asia). 
I haven’t seen average passenger on ship spend number. Potentially revenue was expected to increase by having more people (suites take up more space per passenger) and the spending on ship offsetting loss of suite cost premium.

This could all be calculated if one has the years of information Royal has been able to collect and analyze.

12 hours ago, jeffmw said:

I fail to see the allure (no pun intended) of the Wonder as far as wanting to give it a spin. It's newer, sure, but it seems like its primary calling card that separates it from the other Oasis ships is that there's the special area for suite guests. To me, it's a turnoff that they had the opportunity to debut a new ship and chose to cater to the elite rather than do something that benefits all passengers. 

I’m on her 3rd sailing this coming March. I switched from Harmony to Wonder because I really wanted to sail her before she ended up in Asia, which now she’s not. 

We have never sailed in a suite in 97 nights. We actually have our first JS on Radiance coming in May, but that’s it. I’m still super excited to sail Wonder. New shows, new everything! For the price of a fancy suite, I can sail 5-6 cruises in an ocean balcony. If I did go in a fancy suite though I would expect to be catered to!

Just an observation and comment... don't get nervous if your reservation online is showing a different sailing early on!

We were originally booked on the Harmony 8N, Eastern Caribbean, Perfect Day & Labadee sailing on 1/7/23, of course out of Port Canaveral... just this morning, it magically updated to the Harmony 8N, Southern Caribbean sailing on the same date out of Fort Lauderdale! 

image.png.307c3dde53c0721b3d3ad28a1f7e5e84.png

I contacted Royal and they apologized for the online glitch and confirmed (what was reported by all in this thread) that we will all be moved to Wonder and to disregard. 😎

Their reply, for what it's worth... I also asked if we would get the same CP balcony staterooms since we book adjacent cabins w/ friends... I know the suites will be an issue since they have fewer suites on Wonder, but it appears the CP cabins are identical on all Oasis-class ships... we'll see, fingers crossed!

image.png.377890ad1d50b89183dfbeefdaae9844.png

image.png.3e6877294dde336f86837d1e11e0f0d1.png

image.png.7cf6b282b2801b2953736d5f8ef33348.png

image.png.37ccd7b55a8f6b017f6791c040faa5b5.png

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

Just an observation and comment... don't get nervous if your reservation online is showing a different sailing early on!

We were originally booked on the Harmony 8N, Eastern Caribbean, Perfect Day & Labadee sailing on 1/7/23, of course out of Port Canaveral... just this morning, it magically updated to the Harmony 8N, Southern Caribbean sailing on the same date out of Fort Lauderdale! 

I contacted Royal and they apologized for the online glitch and confirmed (what was reported by all in this thread) that we will all be moved to Wonder and to disregard. 😎

Thank you for this post. I logged in this morning and not only was I moved to FLL on Harmony that particular itinerary is a 6 night and going to Nassau, Labadee and Falmouth and I had a mini panic attack because I am done with less than 7 nights and none of those ports sounds exciting for Thanksgiving week! I will calm myself and wait for the dust to settle.

17 hours ago, Templecruiser said:

One thing I noticed on the wonder, that there is only 60 suites from sky or star class. The harmony had over 100. I wonder why so many suites were cut? Unless I counted wrong.

I have read the cut in the number of suites to make room for a new "neighborhood" for star suite guests only similar to Celebrity's "The Retreat" or Norwegian's "The Haven"

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

Thanks.  I thought this "might" be the case.  A two step move.  First, land Harmony with all passengers somewhere, then move passengers to Wonder.  Whew.  

42 minutes ago, WolfpackCruiser said:

Anyone know if Crown Loft Suite includes Genie? I was on Star Loft on Harmony and got moved to Crown on Wonder. Only got 300 OBC to compensate...

It does not. Crown Loft Suite is only Sky Class while the Star Loft was Star Class.  My TA's email about a downgrade stated it was supposed to be $300 OBC if you got downgraded and you still got to keep all amenities that came with your original room.  I would interpret that as you would still get the Genie and the included drink, dining, laundry, etc.

However there is often also a disconnect between shoreside decisions and how things are handled on the ship. We won't really see how this is handled until Wonder sails in 2022 on the original Allure itineraries.  Anything promised for accepting the downgrade I absolutely would want confirmation in writing.

16 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

However there is often also a disconnect between shoreside decisions and how things are handled on the ship. We won't really see how this is handled until Wonder sails in 2022 on the original Allure itineraries.  Anything promised for accepting the downgrade I absolutely would want confirmation in writing.

I understand this whole thing is complicated on their end, but it just feels like a bait and switch. Even if I get it in writing, I don't have much faith it'll be a true Genie experience. Worried that I'm dropping Star Loft money on Crown Loft experience.

I know it sounds like the ultimate first world problem, but it is frustrating.